PK-3 & Ungraded
Gloucester City, NJ

Posted August 12, 2013
I have three children in this school and am very pleased with our experience here. I have seen the support given to both gifted students for my oldest daughter, and for children with behavioral/emotional difficulties for my son, firsthand - and continue to be impressed with the efforts this school makes to include all students in achieving academically, no matter what their abilities or challenges. The educational staff involves parents in their childrens' educations. The school is up-to-date and a pleasant atmosphere to visit. The kids like school, trust and enjoy their teachers, and issues are always promptly addressed - and the teachers are absolutely top-notch. My son's K teacher, in particular, was a wonderful woman who went out of her way to help my ADHD son excel both behaviorally and academically. It's evident that teachers in this school truly care about their students and go the extra mile. My only complaint about this school (and it's more the district) is that their administration staff leaves much to be desired and there seem to be communication issues.

Posted September 11, 2009
wow i love this school. everyone is so nice and caring for my child

Posted June 15, 2009
Not ALL parents pay for the after-school program. If you can not afford it based on your income then your child goes for free.

Posted March 02, 2009
My daughter loves this school, she has been there for 3 years. They do care about our children.When they are absent from school and you dont call they will call you to find out and make sure things are okay. The teachers are very nice. Just one thing they are charging for the after school program and some parents dont have the money. And parents work and arent home in time for the kids to get out of school.

Posted February 28, 2008
I love this school. my daughter is in pre k we just moved from philadelphia and she loves it!

Posted May 08, 2007
Hello, I moved from Philadelphia to NJ this year and have my kids in Cold Springs, my children love it . The lunches, the teachers everything is great, they like that the children are good kids in school and how friendly the staff are, the security is A+ so I feel good and at peace when my kids are in school, the one problem is this it only goes to 3rd grade! lol, it is a great school and I am happy my kids get to experience the great environment they learn in.

Posted July 06, 2006
My grand-daughter has attended this school, she and i will miss the school, as she is now going to the 4th grade. Principal,and staff are great

Posted January 04, 2006
My 3 year old son attends PreK 3 at Cold Springs School. The staff is very nice. The curriculum is very good. I was shocked to see all that the children learn. Every month they have a Parent Involvment day. It is really good to see how the teachers interact with the children. My son is always coming home with stuff that they made and singing songs that they have learned. He really enjoys it. He is always talking about his teachers and about the other kids in his class. I say this is a wonderful preschool.

Posted March 01, 2005
I have two children attending Cold Springs. So far both have had a positive learning experience. They are doing well and are continuously challenged. I have been to the school a number of times for parental involvement activities and was so impressed with the staff. They are so caring and interested in each individual childs needs.

Posted June 13, 2003
This year was my daughters first year of kindergarten. Her teacher is a wonderful, nurturing teacher who shows her passion for teaching these children. Each year she continues to further her education to be the best she can be for the children. I couldn't be more thrilled with my daughters teacher and i wish she could have her every year. However, the discipline at the school and their 'zero tolerance' is non-existent. There has been one child in my daughters class who has repeatedly physically hurt children badly to where they need to go to the er. I have had several conversations with the principal and superintendent without much luck or protection for my child. This child has been suspended numerous times for purposely injuring others and the administration does not a thing about it. Next year my daughter is enrolled in a different school and i am very familiar with the school she will be in. She will get a much better education there and i know for a fact that they do not tolerate bullying. As for the teachers in the school she's presently in, they are wonderful as far as teaching goes, but as far as disciplining goes....their hands are tied and sadly they are the administrations puppets. I don't like to bash people or schools, but I definetely do not recommend this school until they hire people who care about the safety and well-being of the children.

1194 Market Street, Gloucester City, NJ  08030