7-12 & Ungraded
Gloucester City, NJ

Gloucester City Jr Sr High School 5

Posted June 24, 2014
It is 2014, and this September I will be in Freshman year. I have nothing but good to say about this school. The teachers and other staff are phenomenal. They help with with any problems you may have and are always there for you when you just want to talk. So far, my favorite school year here was 7th grade. Entering a new school for the first time, my friends and I were naturally scared. However, my history teacher made a very comfortable environment to grow in, and because of that, I have been a straight "A" and "B" student ever since I got here. This teacher was by far my favorite teacher EVER. I think every teacher wants to know that their students didn't give up because of them, and he did the job perfectly. Although I did not have him this year, I will have him again in 9th grade, where he will make me feel comfortable in a new setting, the last four years at GHS. All of the teachers here just want the best for you, and they will push you until you reach it.

Gloucester City Jr Sr High School

Posted November 04, 2009
i go to gloucester high and yes many say it is horrible, but truely it isnt that bad. there are some trouble in the school but it isnt like alot of schools i attended. on the other hand it your weak and you cant take hard critizing you dont belong here. everyone tells it how it is teachers and students. i wouldnt say we are the best school , but we are definitally not the worst

Gloucester City Jr Sr High School 2

Posted March 13, 2007
GCHS needs teachers who actually TEACH. Extracurricular activities need to be more diverse. As for Parental involvement; I tried - in Nov. 06 I attended the PT Conf. just because I wanted to meet every teacher face to face - and explain how I need their help in keeping my son on track academically. Every teacher promised to help (via email, phone, etc). I followed up the very next day with a mass email to all my son's teachers, outlining a weekly 'progress report' via email on Friday's to keep him on track. Out of 7 teachers, only 2 replied and 1 of those 2 never emailed me again until just recently (Feb. 07). I'm a parent who cares but they just DON'T care about the kids.

Gloucester City Jr Sr High School 4

Posted January 30, 2007
I currently have one child that attends Gloucester High as well as both my husband and I attended and graduated from Gloucester High. I feel that the school is a good school and it's all in the kids that attend the school. The teacher's are concerned with the students. At least my child's teachers are. I have received voice mails at home from teachers and they have even sometimes contacted me on my cell phone to update me on her progress. The school has come a long way from when I was in school and I am confortable and confident in sending my children to the school.

Gloucester City Jr Sr High School 4

Posted September 22, 2006
The Special Education programs are by far the best in the area. The Special needs teachers go the extra mile to really connect and inspire the students.

Gloucester City Jr Sr High School 1

Posted September 02, 2005
I feel that the overall quality of academic programs at Gloucester City is very poor. I feel that the administration there has no experience dealing with inner city children. I feel that the school is run like a zoo! I thank God that I was able to get my child out of there. It is a shame that they have all the resources and $ to get things done, but they need order, disipline, and experienced personel to turn this school around. It was a complete mightmare for my child and I do mean nightmare. If I had allowed my child to stay in this school through high school it would have ruined her entire life.

Gloucester City Jr Sr High School
1300 Market Street, Gloucester City, NJ  08030
Last modified Gloucester City Jr Sr High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gloucester City Jr Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top