No rating

Independence Township Central Elementary School

Public | K-2 & ungraded | 247 students

Posted November 27, 2011

lower than state average in student/teacher ratio, lower than state average by $3000 in spending per student... district needs many improvements. caring principal, but very short on resources. no librarian employed.

Posted December 13, 2010

I am pleasantly surprised by how smoothly the realignment has gone. I have kids in 1st and 3rd grade (so two separate school yet same bus) and I've had no complaints at all. The two schools work together to schedule events so that parents can be present at both schools without overlapping....I'm very happy!!

Posted May 25, 2010

My children are currently in 1st and 3rd grades and have the most phenominal teachers! My son has autism and special dietary needs and his teacher goes out of her way to call me several times a month to make sure he has allergen free treats that are similar to the rest of his classmates so he doesn't feel left out. The teachers also write my children praiseworhy notes on their homework and are so much fun and loving. My kids love theirr teachers and love the school. Everyone really seems to care about the childrens happiness and well being

Posted February 20, 2009

Small class sizes, great teachers and involved parents!

Posted January 26, 2009

I have no idea where they come up with a six! Central school is fantastic, the teachers are wonderful and committed, test scores are constantly improving. It is a warm and wonderful atmosphere.

Posted August 21, 2007

I think the greatest problem with this school is the teachers. Which are the core of any education. My child struggled in a few classes and although I called and called it was like pulling teeth to have a teacher call you back. I met personally with the teachers in whose class my child was having trouble and asked to be informed by phone or email if there was any problem or if my kid was slipping. I was assured that this would not be a problem. I even spoke to the principal. called periodically to insure all was well . I was in for a big surprise come final report card. All was not well and not one phone call not one email prior to the bad grade. Too busy I guess.

Posted October 10, 2006

I can honestly say that Central School is an amazing place filled with an enthusiastic staff who encourage our children to do their very best every day. Our teachers are caring, challenging and an asset to our district. Central is also blessed to have an administrative staff who are hands on and easily accessible to every student and parent in the district. All the kids know our Secretary, Principal and Superintendent by name and recognize their commitment to the school. Our art department helps brighten the school by displaying our children's beautiful works of art . Our music department is spectacular, putting on many shows throughout the year. Phys Ed is another shining star with many challenges our kids enjoy. Our library is full of wonderful stories for the children to read. The PTO is full of parents who are involved not out of obligation, but out of love for Central.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 9%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 12%N/A34%

• Mr Ernest Batha

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

281 Route 46