9-12 & Ungraded
Hackensack, NJ

Hackensack High School 3

Posted October 31, 2013
Good teachers but terrible learning environment. The administration will push sports programs as the way to bigger and better; but, every kid is not an athlete nor wants to be. There's a big achievement gap going on at this school and folks need to pay attention to what's going on at this school. The general level classes are just mediocre so the only way to go would be the honors track. Provide your kid with enough resources even if you have to pay out-of-pocket to keep your child way above the average student at this school.

Posted June 19, 2013
Two years ago I moved from New York City to Hacensack NJ and I couldn't have made a better choice..Excellent school, I am extremely grateful for all the team that works hard to bring the best to each student, Teachers, Counselors, Principals ,School Aides are always willing to help in the progress of each student.. both of my daughters have received much benefit with the After School Program , I am very grateful for all the support received, I have no complaint of Hackensack High School , and I think this is without a doubt the best High School in Bergen County.. !! Thank You !!

Hackensack High School 4

Posted November 13, 2012
Hackensack is a generally great school as long as you long as you take advantage of the AP courses. Overall the CP (college prep) classes are jokes.The school offers and array of activities and sports which are always fun to join

Posted May 22, 2012
Great school - Great teachers - kids well prepared for future endeavors. Both our sons graduated, went to college into honors programs and are doing extremely well. Hackensack, with its diversity, prepares kids for the real world. If you can't stomach what that entails, send your kids elsewhere and pay for it. Quite honestly, we don't need them or the criticism from whiny parents!!

Hackensack High School 2

Posted May 20, 2012
This school desperately needs an overhaul immediately. My child was told due to a "re-organization" the current Freshman & Sophomore students are not required to take Physics as a graduation requirement. What kind of school is this? Most colleges want to see that students have taken Biology, Chemistry and Physics. When these students start applying to colleges they are going to find out that they need Physics and it will be too late and they will have to take it in college. This school doesn't prepare students for college. If it did, this school wouldn't be a "C" average school.

Posted May 19, 2012
I think whoever said "if your child is an chiever this is the wrong school"- is definitely incorrect. I graduated with almost a 4.0, but this can be credited to students in my grade that were very competitive with grades and we all pushed eachother to do well. This school was absolutely amazing to go to. I couldn't have been more prepared for college and the diversity taught me a lot as well. I think that there are discipline problems in every school, Paramus, Ridgewood, etc., you just don't hear about them because their problems are kept under the radar. I think it is important to think before you judge, because this was a fantastic school to go to with absolutely wonderful teachers who I still keep in touch with to this day. I graduated college this May with a 3.9, after being well prepared from going to school at Hackensack High School. I am so thankful for the wonderful guidance counselors, and my experience at Hackensack High School.

Hackensack High School 4

Posted June 28, 2011
Hackensack High School is very diverse. The teachers are all one of a kind, very focused on the education of their students and provide individual support where needed. The School has a large array of social clubs as well as sports activities. There is a Fitness Center, Olympic Sized Pool, at least 3 gyms, one Football field, multiple baseball/soccer/field hockey fields, and a tennis court. The guidance counsellors are very dedicated and work with students to develop their futures. There is also a drop-in center for students who may need someone to talk to about personal concerns, or anything they want to discuss. There are many honors and AP courses provided to stimulate the minds of students.

Hackensack High School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
I love Hackensack high school for its diversity and great teachers.

Hackensack High School 1

Posted February 04, 2010

Hackensack High School 2

Posted December 01, 2009
The school, overall, is not environmentally safe for me. I can't really complete the given tasks due to the way the other students behave. Dicipline should be enforced. The teachers are good at teaching. In general the school is unsatisfactory for me, I might actually go to a different one.

Hackensack High School
First & Beech Streets, Hackensack, NJ  07601
Last modified Hackensack High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hackensack High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top