K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school did nothing for my child educationally but it was an ok place for her to learn about community and giving back. It was the best choice at the time. It's an antiquated Catholic School that is not accepting of other religions. Forget about differentiated education. My daughter was way above the kindergarten bell curve and craved to learn more. She loved school until she went to St. Rose. At home, she was reading "Carlottes' Web". She constantly wrote herself letters in class, about how bored she was. The teacher thought she was depressed!!!! When I met with her teacher, even her teacher stated that she "taught down" to the students that needed the most help and she didn;t know what to do with my daughter. Obviously, my daughter suffered as a result. After 5 meetings starting in October (yes 5--via email & in person) with her teacher and the ass. principal, she finally "visited" the first grade science class in May!!! That was all they did for my daughter AND we paid the "Non-Cathlic Rate" of $6,000! We now moved & have her in a great public school, where she is being valued for her intelligence instead of being labeled as "sad" due to sheer boredom.

The chidren seem to build better characters and have a firm sense of what learning is all about. It is dedicated to that , while keeping the base of Relgion,which is really the foundation of our Country , present. They strive to teach the children the meaning of 'love thy neighbor' while giving them a top notch education. All of this preparing them to well qualify for any top high school they may want to attend.

Both my children are in their third year in school. They are very well school and are very advanced as compared to the kids in my public school district. A very good school, they teach manners and public service as well.

I did not enjoy this school at all. I had enrolled my child in it for a brief time, and he hated it. The teachers, he said, were very mean to him

We attend St. Rose of Lima School and are extremely pleased. The children love the teachers, which to me says a lot, and the teachers are happy to be there with the children. There are countless extracurricular activities for the children. The school makes sure to have plenty of family events as well throughout the year as to give the school that 'family feeling' and it works. The school is also very up to date with computers and the things they offer. The school offers all the honor courses that are available and we could not be happier to have our children at a school that is caring, loving and concerned with our children and their education and their overall well-being--not to mention the strong religious foundation of becoming a good person.

This is our first year at st. Rose and my husband and I are very impressed. You can tell the principal demands respect from teachers and students, and he gets it. The St. Rose community of parents is very strong. The parents and students are so active in every aspect of education, fundraising and social activities. We have the choice of good public schools, but choose the caring but challenging enviroment of st. Rose of lima.

Last modified St Rose Of Lima Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8