9-12 & Ungraded
Haddonfield, NJ

Haddonfield Memorial High School 2

Posted August 08, 2015
HMHS is not worthy of its reputation. Haddonfield is made out to be some sort of paradise but it is no instead it perpetuates elitism. There is a tremendous difference between the way higher level classes are taught and the lower level classes. I took a mixture of both and everyone who does will complain about this. AP and accel classes are often rigourous yet interesting and taught by great teachers. While the cp (lower level) classes are boring and taught by teachers I cant believe were hired. Haddonfield focuses on there top students being ready for the ivy legues which is great but often leaves less achieving students to fall through the cracks. What bothered me the most about HMHS was the special ed program. I had an IEP for mild add. Rather than teaching special ed students to work around their learning disabilities the school work is watered down for them to a ridiculous point not typical accomodations made for special ed kids. The problem then becomes many of these students end up with all high A's in there classes because of the accomodations made get accepted to college and fail out because they were achieving those high grades doing the equivalent of 5th grade work at 17 years old. Haddonfield also pushes everyone into college even severly learning disabled students who would be better off in a trade school. Haddonfield is also a highly competitive cutthroat environment. Friend groups are established young and rarely change. Everyone wants to be the best. Playing a sport is essentialy a requirement if you want to have any friends. Only a handleful of students do not participate in any sports. Students almost exclusively hang out with their sports team. Crew kids are a friend group, cheer girls, Football guys, etc

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 08, 2015
Hit or miss when it comes to teachers. Some are brillant caring people some hate their job

Haddonfield Memorial High School 4

Posted September 29, 2010
I recently moved to Haddonfield from Williamstown (both in New Jersey), I started my freshman year of high school in Haddonfield. I am an academically advanced student and was pleased to see that within a week of school I noticed that the school would provide me with a challenge. Since the district has such great teachers, most of the students were advanced and the average grade is around a 90. The school is very welcoming and I was integrated into the school within several days. Unlike Williamstown, the administration is very kind and interested in the students problems. I was able to walk right into the main office and speak to the principal about a problem I was having with getting my physical in for cheerleading. He helped me schedule an appointment and got me permission to cheer at the game. The school is awesome and I highly recomend it.

Posted November 03, 2009
It's my hometown school and has a group of students who are very involved in the community. The school ranks high in New Jersey in academics and athletics.

401 Kings Highway East, Haddonfield, NJ  08033
Last modified Haddonfield Memorial High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haddonfield Memorial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top