Bad
Good

The school feels like a family, and I feel like everyone cares for every child in the school.

There is a real sense of community and I feel everyone really cares about my child and his education.

My children get a good education and I have been able to establish a good relationship with each of their teachers

The staff of this school are great listeners and feel they really care about our kids. Let's not forget about the parents, I have met some very nice moms and dads, I look forward to taking my kids to school everyday!

Because of the way the staff help everyone to feel at home

The access to, and dedication of, the teachers makes this school a wonderful place for my child to learn

Just want to respond to the Parent review of 2/26 about Math and not being ready for 6th grade at Crockett. The Math program being used at Klockner is Math Expressions and you can view the program here: http://www.eduplace.com/math/mthexp/ This program is relatively new - so it may not have been in use when that parent's child was at Klockner. But this program in use currently teaches division in third grade and fractions (needed for division) in first grade. So this problem has likely been corrected.

After my child graduated from Klockner to Crockett we were told by the Math Department at Crockett that my child along with a group of students from Klockner were not taught what they needed to know to be prepared for 6th grade math. They said it was going to take them a whole year to get them caught up and didn't know how they were going to have the time to teach them what they needed to go on to 7th grade math. My child was an honor roll student now we are forced to have our child tutored thanks to some of the underqualified math teachers at Klockner that need teachers themselves brought in to help them to teach math... (fact). Apparently school administration just doesn't care. They didn't even teach them division until 5th grade. Check out their NJASK scores!!!

my family had an amazing 9 years at klockner school. We got all the support we ever needed and then some. both of my girls are excelling in school . thanks to the teachers at klockner school. everyone should feel lucky to attend klockner. what a wonderful pta!

My son has attended for three years and I've been very satisfied. Academics are appropriately rigorous. The math program is indeed excellent, introducing concepts at the right time and promoting understanding instead of memorization. Every teacher I've met has been involved, caring, and quick to respond when anything needed to be addressed. Now, I have a typical kid with no discipline problems, so I don't know about how they deal with serious discipline issues. I know there's a faction of parents who were there when the current principal was new, and dislike her -- it sounds like gossip to me rather than legitimate concerns. My only issue with the school would be that it is an older building -- historic, in fact -- and doesn't have a very convenient area for drop-off. But the kids have a huge fenced playground w/a big field to play in. No axe to grind here!

Last modified Klockner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.