PK-8 & Ungraded
Hampton, NJ

Hampton Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2014
We moved to Hampton the year our student started 7th Grade excited for the small town and the small town school. We were not disappointed. Every teacher, administrator and even the janitorial staff truly cares about our children and our community. The school has multiple programs to help the students learn and grow as well as programs to assist in their development within the community. The two years we were able to be exposed to the interim CSA were amazing and I am sure Mr. Jones will follow in his footsteps to keep this school moving in the right direction!

Hampton Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2013
We moved here thinking this was a good small charming school but now regret it. Most of the teachers here are just getting started or been there too long. Lots of turn over from the top down and that is not good. They really should shut the school down and consolidate it with Clinton or a nearby district. It would be best for all. Granted it like your old charm school, quiet, small student teacher ratio and compared to inner city school its so much better but comparing with area elementary school is has to rate toward the bottom. Again not the worst but if you are looking for a top notch school this is not the place. Just look into how many adminstrators (principal, super.etc) have come and gone in the past years. It tells you something is wrong.

Hampton Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2013
MUCH BETTER!! New Superintendent has made all the difference in the world! Class structures are changing, mixed grade classes, daily enrichment programs, G&T is doubled & the kids adore the man. The atmosphere has changed, everyone is relaxed & happier. Full Day Kindergarten, Full Day Preschool, Before & After Care, Family Nights, Movie Nights for the parents to drop off their kids for a few hrs. The difference is truly incredible - I hope he's able to stay for a long time. Now...if we could get the Board of Ed to grow up & act like adults we'd be in business.

Posted August 25, 2010
For the amount the teachers make and what the head Administrator makes to turn down passing up a raise to keep the aids as well as funding for Pre-K is a disgrace. Now parents of Pre-K have to shell out of pocket $100 per month on top of money for snacks for class and supplies. The head administrator does very little for the school for what she makes and wants to dress up in all black like funeral that never ends. My daughter got hurt during the Christmas concert from other kids horse-playing and not a thing was done to stop it. Still shocked at the amount given for homework for a 1st grader, 2 hours+ a night.

Posted August 23, 2010
I am so sorry we have to send our kids back there this fall, we had really hoped to move but we're stuck. At least 4 of my kids' friends are being pulled & going to private schools this year. The principal is cold & uninterested in hearing the concerns of the parents. My impression is that the teachers don't love her either, there is alot of rolling eyes where she is concerned. There are almost no after school programs anymore & the music program is now embarrasing - the last concert was painful to witness, the kids looked like they were on trial - that teacher is awful! I know plenty of parents who would like to be more involved, but feel shut down when they try. Overall, this school has been a bad experience despite the presence of some really good teachers there.

Posted December 10, 2009
Small school environment should produce exceptional academic programs and opportunities for teacher's to enrich student learning, except that hampton which has some classes with 10-12 students and 2 teachers in each class has the worst reputation academically in hunterdon county. Scores don't lie. Students are not challenged and decisions regarding education are only heard if from a select group of individual cliques in town. Beware if your not part of the clique you won't be heard. Your children will also be left behind. I've been trying to sell my home but because of the school it is making it difficult. I've tried to get involved but found it difficult because everytime I've expressed interest or concerns I've been shoned. Small minded people. Small school environment not a plus in this town.

Posted September 01, 2009
Beware - this is a substandard school by any measure. Moving into this school district was the biggest mistake we ever made. I had to remove my children from the school and send them to private school after finding out that the curriculum was below average, the students were unruly, even to the point of bullying the teachers, and the facilities were ill-kept. My kids transferred in from another school only to find Hampton's curriculum for their grade levels was several grade levels lower, i.e., doing in 5th grade what my kids had already done in 2nd grade elsewhere.

Hampton Elementary School 5

Posted June 20, 2009
If you are looking for a small school environment with excellent teachers, a strong academic program, perhaps not many extracurricular activities, but a strong sense of friendship and community this is it. This school has excelled since the new principal took over in 2006. The music program is what you get in NYC schools - simply superb.science is stronger than any other school in the county . I can't stress the importance of kids growing up together in the same classroom for 8 years. It is a unique positive experience.

Posted June 16, 2009

Hampton Elementary School 5

Posted June 11, 2009
The Hampton school went through an amazing transformation since the new principal ( Mrs. Hughes) came into office- within a year- the major problems were addressed head on and resolved - a superb music program- and top notch teachers came on board. We strongly recommend this school for anyone looking for a quality education. Most importantly, it is small and safe!!!

Hampton Elementary School
32 41 South Street, Hampton, NJ  08827
Last modified Hampton Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hampton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top