9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Raritan High School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
This school was a joke, and still continues to be one. I graduated from it in 2012. All everyone wants to do is fight each other, the teachers see bullying going on and they do absolutely nothing about it, yet they say that they are so strict with bullying. My younger brother goes to school here now, and our house is currently up for sale because we do not want my younger sister ever stepping foot in Raritan high. Hazlet is turning into a low life town, never send your children here.

Raritan High School 1

Posted March 15, 2012
Terrible school, terrible staff, terrible learning environment. I will not be sending my second child to this school due to the lack of good judgment on the administration's part.

Posted February 12, 2010
Recently graduated one with special needs who got into a NJ University; still have one in the high school. Found their guidance counselor to be wonderful. Drama and Sports superior. Help is there if needed. Most teachers are helpful, a few older ones are not and should not be there but they have tenure.

Raritan High School

Posted September 16, 2009
We love Raritan! They have a very good special ed program!

Posted July 24, 2007
i'm a student at rhs and i just love love love the staff. but there is one little issue that i absolutely can not stand. rhs needs central air! starting in late may/early june when the hot temperatures start to kick in, we students, and some teachers, begin to 'suffer.' the only places in that building that have air conditioning are the main offices, media center, auiditorium, weight room, and board of ed offices. fans just wont do the job!

Raritan High School 2

Posted December 12, 2006
I think discipline is not taken serious in this school. Quite frankly we are not even in the top 50 schools whereas academics are concerned. a little less focus on sports and a little more on school would be great. I agree with the teachers losing patience - and some homework and home would not hurt either - free periods -let's be real. The faculty has to realize they are not there to be the children's friends but rather their teachers.

Raritan High School 5

Posted December 02, 2005
Great school, good academics. Just finished putting two daughters through the Hazlet School System and it was a good experience.

Raritan High School 3

Posted February 14, 2005
Although my daughter was enrolled in honors and advanced placement courses I found the teaching of math to be weak. Most high math students are intelligent enough to overcome the teachers shortcomings. Athletics personel are too influenced by outside opinion and unprofessional in dealing with parents and students. when brought to the principals attention she is very unresponsive.

Posted September 04, 2003
I think Raritan HS officials need to take a look at 'some' of the teachers 'success' with their students. My son was in an algebra class last year where most of the children were failing. We got a tutor for our son, and the tutor asked us which teacher he had. When we told her, she had made a comment that she knew of the teacher, and mentioned many of the students she was tutoring, were from that same class. We also had a problem with a couple of the other teachers...apparently, 'some' of the teachers have an anger management problem! Unfortunately, my son did not bring any of this to my attention until school let out for the summer. I will be keeping a closer eye on things this year, and have expressed to my son that he should report problems like this to either the principal, guidance or myself.

Raritan High School
419 Middle Road, Hazlet, NJ  07730
Last modified Raritan High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.