Center School

Private | 1-12

Student diversity

Living in Highland Park

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $343,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,500.

Sweep tile

Posted February 11, 2009

I started attending the Center School back in my freshman year of Highschool off a B average from another private school that could no longer accomadate me. Now in my senior year I am a member of my district's National Honor Society and have a happy social circle. It's a home away from home for me where I can always find support if I need it for what ever reason. A family. I owe it so much as I go away to college.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 22, 2007

I have been in Center School for 4 years now and am graduating this year. Center has helped me overcome my anxiety and depression. The staff only want whats best and are willing to help you with what ever you need. Extra help is always offered. Center School is an all around great school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 18, 2007

I went to Center School for four years. I can honestly say that if it weren't for that school I would be severely worse off. The staff is generally very understanding of the needs of students. The program is alright, the building is old. The things that make Center an amazing place are the teachers and the kids. I love this place. -Amber Luning

Posted April 20, 2006

Center School has done a very good job with my daughter. She has been there for three years, the very difficult middle-school years, and has done well, bringing her math and reading levels up to wear they should be. It took a lot of effort on the part of her teachers to do this, and it took a lot of effort on her part. Her teachers were very encouraging and supportive throughout the entire process. The 'reward' system that exists at Center was also very beneficial for my daughter, though as the children got older in the middle school, it seems to have less impact and even promote some jealousy between those that don't succeed with it and those that do. My only wish for Center is that there is more control relative to busing (which really Center can't actually do anything about anyway). It's a really good school!

Posted March 28, 2006

Our son entered Center School as a second grader. He was in crisis-a very bright child who was very fragile. The caring community and gifted teachers have given us our son back. He is learning and growing as a person. He is learning to play the guitar and his self confidence is amazing. He is developing freindships that are meaningful. Most of all he enjoys learning again -this is a child who hated school by the time he was 8yrs old. He loves Center School and so do we.

Posted February 13, 2006

I am not happy with Center School. The teacher is not st all what i expected from a special education school. She is very strict and cold. The behavior plans they have there are similar to public school and they do not implement the Lee Cantor Assertive Education Program like most special ed schools do. They suspend kids instead.

Posted February 22, 2005

I am a former student of this school. I found this school to be an iatrical part of my current and future success. The teachers show patience beyond human comprehension. I found the education to be top notch yet individualized enough that each student gets the direct education they need to succeed.

Posted January 26, 2005

I attended this school for six years. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I had the great honor of being a student of Susan Seigle. She was like a mother to me. I had wonderful experinces there. I went in a scared little girl, and came out a well rounded young woman. I owe a lot to the Center School, and their staff of councelors and teachers.

• Coed