7-8 & Ungraded
Hillsborough, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,135

Posted February 06, 2013
My child is finishing her second year at HMS (8th grade). Our experience is that Hillsborough Middle School is a welcoming, safe and academically rich environment. Many clubs and events for the kids. Educational and rewarding field trips. The atmosphere is positive and surprisingly nurturing, at least from our viewpoint. It is a benefit that the 7th/8th graders are not mixed in with high schoolers, it helps retain a more innocent tone. Seems to be a lot of school spirit and overall every student I've asked says they love HMS. I think a few years ago perhaps it was different? It is a good training ground for high school - lots of variety, different teachers, hands on learning, opportunities for oral presentations and use of technology. Excellent music. Related arts such as Home Economics/Consumer Science, industrial arts ("wood shop") and world language education are exceptional and contribute to well rounded students who love going to school. Teachers respond quickly. It would be nice if they had more extensive outdoor areas but it is a very pleasant and cheerful physical environment. Colorful posters and student work adorn the walls. Many dedicated students and athletes attend.

Hillsborough Middle School 1

Posted June 17, 2010
I have to agree with the last write, at woodfern elementary the teacher were exceptional but once we entered in the intermediate and middle school everything went down hill. Now my child is a straight A student but Hillsborough tries to be Montgomery class A school which we are not. It's sad how our taxes pay for a school district that harbors bullies and condems parents who actually care about their children. I hope that Gov. Christie really comes down on school districts we have to many Vice Principals who are lousy at their jobs and the Principals don't get invovled where they should. I rate Hillsborough Middle school an F. It's really sad that we don't have an exceptional school district.

Posted May 28, 2008

Posted April 28, 2007
Hillsborough Middle School is the best middle school a kid could ever go to. The teachers are above phenmominal and help you every step of the way. There is something for every level ability whether it's education related, or sports. There are a wide variety of clubs and activities for a 7th or 8th graders looking for some fun. I believe that Hillsborough Middle School should win an award for its excellence.

Posted April 21, 2007
Actually, i am a 7th grade student, age 13. I love Hillsborough, and I love this school, as well as ARIS and Sunnymead Elementary, that I also went to. The middle school has alot of programs. sports include soccer, cross country, basketball, wrestling, field hockey, lacrosse, and softball. and there are so many clubs i cannot even count. i havent joined a club i didnt like.. and our sports teams are amazing. each marking period for 7th & 8th grade theres woodshop, home ec, music, and art. good teachers, good projects too. and theres alot of languages you can take.. spanish, french, italian, and german. in high school you can do more, obviously. parents arent TOO involved, but for field trips theres class moms, parents sell stuff in the book fair, and they can have conferences with teachers to discuss their kid's grades, or just email them. HMS rocks!

Posted January 19, 2007
I'm a student a 7th grader in school, and let me say its great. The lady who posted below is wrong. Well, it really depends on what teachers you get, but the ones I have are great. The best teams in 7th grade are Team A and Team E (my team.. or they call them pods, but not the drug!) Academically.. hmm its ok. just gotta work hard. I mean.. you learn alot, and its alot of fun. theres alot of bands and orchestras.. and the sports are soccer, cross country, basketball, wrestling, softball, and lacrosse. quite alot. theres art, and you do alot with that too. you do more in art than in ARIS! eh.. parents are generally involved. not as much as in elementary school, because we're not little kids anymore.. duh. but sometimes parents come and do things, so its good I guess.

Hillsborough Middle School 2

Posted August 22, 2005
I have been involved in the HSA since my children were in kindergarten at Woodfern School. I was very pleased in the elementary level, but I was exceptionally unhappy with the middle school. My children did well, but I can honestly say that the teachers were unavailable, the textbooks are outdated, and creative thinking was not encouraged at all. there were also a lot of discipline problems that as a parent involved in the school I was aware of. I really recommend that Hillsborough parents keep open communication about what is going on. Thank goodness this is my son's last year at HMS.

Hillsborough Middle School
260 Triangle Road, Hillsborough, NJ  08844
Last modified Hillsborough Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillsborough Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top