9-12 & Ungraded
Hillside, NJ

Hillside High School 1

Posted February 11, 2015
I am a parent of a student attending Hillside High . To say that I am disappointed would be an under statement. The school administrators or under qualified to say the least. The Principal remains out of serious issues and allows the under qualified VP's take charge of the matter. They allow small incidents to escalate. They do not take bullying seriously. Lastly , they don't inform parents about gang fights that cause our child to be locked down in on class for hours. This school needs no administrators that care the current ones could care less about these young black kids education.
2 people found this helpful

Hillside High School 1

Posted December 10, 2013
In a very bad area. No diversity. Parents are seldom involved. Staffing isn't great. Would never put my kids in here. Constant fights breaking out. Bullying is a major issue here.

Posted October 01, 2012
contu...... Its for the students so they can be in a comfortable learning environment. Its all about the students. Were here to learn. They dont care because they already went to school.
2 people found this helpful

Hillside High School 5

Posted September 15, 2009
It's a wonderful school that gets you ready for your future.

Hillside High School 5

Posted April 24, 2008
I am a student at hillside high school. Im known there as Mr. Hillside or Mr. School sprit. I love this school it is great! We have your hard classes and easy classes it's like any normal high schol

Hillside High School

Posted October 16, 2007
hillside high isn't a bad school. one thing is that we need some more parent evolvement. The new principle is nice she isn't that controlling like other principles she give you a chance to voice your opinion. I'm only a freshman but I think that shes going to make this school a batter inviorment.I've meet a lot of people this school year and hope to meet more, if your a parent looking for a great school for your child then hillside high is a great school. For the students if your looking for a school where u get freedom and is basically allowed to do as you please then come to hillside high school

Hillside High School 4

Posted July 04, 2006
I am about to be a sophomore in September. I really do not think that this school is that bad. Ms. Raleigh, the new principal, is great. Since she's been here everybody has noticed the change in the students. Most of the students say that they can't stand her but they don't realize that she's doing it for there good. One thing that I do not like about the school is that it is falling apart. It really needs to be repainted and needs a lot of improvement, and they need to fix the air conditioning. Another thing that I do not like is that there aren't enough afterschool activities. We need more if we want to keep kids out of the streets. And last, we need more parent involvement. The like to complain about the school but yet they do nothing to help change it. Come to the meetings sometimes.

Posted June 18, 2006
This school does not have enough activities for kids from my experience hopefully it will get better.

Hillside High School 4

Posted May 27, 2006
this school is not a bad school its discipline is one of the best and so is safety if you want your child to become more prsentable this is the school.

Posted December 01, 2005
This school has many teachers that teach well, and there are many opportunities for a student to get a well-rounded education. However, the school itself is in bad condition. The paint is peeling and there are not enough resourses for the students, such as updated computers which require them. The building is basically falling apart.

Hillside High School
1085 Liberty Ave, Hillside, NJ  07205
Last modified Hillside High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillside High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top