Bad
Good

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 5

Posted December 30, 2014
It is cool becaus the school starts at 8:00 and other schools start maybe around 7:30

Posted July 29, 2014
WOK has really changed. I am about to be a freshman and I have to say, I loved it. Mr. Platt does not play, he is nothing like the former principle. 8th graders had social, waterpark, and an icecream party, we also got to graduate on the field which was really fun. The only problem about the school is the 7th graders. They are really bad, act like they live in Newark and not Hillside. Other then that, I love WOK. An applauding hand to Mr. Platt for all the effort he has put in to make WOK change from good to great. Class of 2014, we out.

Posted June 27, 2013
I go to this school currently. There is toooooo much DRAMA and IMMATURE students there. The teachers are great but the majority of the kids doesnt really care about education. There is always fight like every week. I wouldnt advise anyone to go to this school.

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2013
My school is kinda of bad because first the lunch is raw and that could get students sick. Second, there are alot of bullying occurring in the hallways,at recess,everywhere at this school and now the teachers tell their students to shut up and now the teachers say crap. Also if you get to class at least 2 minutes late you automatically get a central detention. If you don't go to that you get Saturday detention and if you don't go to that you get suspended. My school is very strict and very confusing, its very hard to concentrate on my school work when people are screaming and acting like they are tough around there friends.Honestly, I feel bad for the teachers they have to deal with this nonsense.

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School

Posted April 17, 2010
They have the best assistant girl's basketball coach there is!

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 5

Posted September 07, 2007
this school was wonderfull for all 3 of my kids

Posted August 14, 2006
I moved to Hillside in 2004. My oldest attended WOK for two years and was very happy. This past year I noticed a great improvement in the overall administration of the school and was very glad to see increase in parent participation. The students seem to be more involved & happy. I applaud Mr. Dickerson & his staff for the wonderful environment they continue to provide for our children. He's done a great job in turning the school around and his personal involvement with the parents is priceless. Thank you all!

Posted September 01, 2004
My experince at W.O.K was a good one. My teachers were wonderful and I learned a lot. Maybe the school isn't in it's best condition but the students have so much spirt and unity. At least when I was there two years ago that's how it was. It isn't the greatest but the people in it makes it the best!

Posted July 19, 2004
W.O.K. is one of the worst schools in Hillside besides the High School. The township allows kids from other districts such as Newark, Irvington, Elizabeth, and East Orange to use a family or close friends address and register their kids. This is bringing the school system down completely. I am looking to sell my home and move were I can see my tax paying dollars work. I am sick of this nonsense. Eventually Hillside will be labeled just like Newark! A mess!

Posted March 14, 2004
I give W.O.K a grade 1. The principal's leadership get a 3. The principal's leadership establish high expectations for academics and behavior, and does everything possible to attract, develop and support teachers. The condition of the school is run down paint chipping is falling off the walls in the auditorium. Books are to be shared among students. Ditto sheets are taken home for homework because of few books. Its ashame the students of WOK have to be subject to such environment surroundings. Its unsafe because classroom doors are practically falling off its hinges. I don't understand how teachers can teach and the children can learn. Hillside taxes are not working for the school. Overall quality 'low'.

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School
145 Hillside Ave, Hillside, NJ  07205
Last modified Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.