6-8 & Ungraded
Hillside, NJ

Posted July 29, 2014
WOK has really changed. I am about to be a freshman and I have to say, I loved it. Mr. Platt does not play, he is nothing like the former principle. 8th graders had social, waterpark, and an icecream party, we also got to graduate on the field which was really fun. The only problem about the school is the 7th graders. They are really bad, act like they live in Newark and not Hillside. Other then that, I love WOK. An applauding hand to Mr. Platt for all the effort he has put in to make WOK change from good to great. Class of 2014, we out.

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 1

Posted June 27, 2013
I go to this school currently. There is toooooo much DRAMA and IMMATURE students there. The teachers are great but the majority of the kids doesnt really care about education. There is always fight like every week. I wouldnt advise anyone to go to this school.

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2013
My school is kinda of bad because first the lunch is raw and that could get students sick. Second, there are alot of bullying occurring in the hallways,at recess,everywhere at this school and now the teachers tell their students to shut up and now the teachers say crap. Also if you get to class at least 2 minutes late you automatically get a central detention. If you don't go to that you get Saturday detention and if you don't go to that you get suspended. My school is very strict and very confusing, its very hard to concentrate on my school work when people are screaming and acting like they are tough around there friends.Honestly, I feel bad for the teachers they have to deal with this nonsense.

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 0

Posted April 17, 2010
They have the best assistant girl's basketball coach there is!

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 5

Posted September 07, 2007
this school was wonderfull for all 3 of my kids

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 1

Posted September 06, 2007

Posted August 14, 2006
I moved to Hillside in 2004. My oldest attended WOK for two years and was very happy. This past year I noticed a great improvement in the overall administration of the school and was very glad to see increase in parent participation. The students seem to be more involved & happy. I applaud Mr. Dickerson & his staff for the wonderful environment they continue to provide for our children. He's done a great job in turning the school around and his personal involvement with the parents is priceless. Thank you all!

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 3

Posted June 06, 2006

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2006

Posted September 01, 2004
- a former student
My experince at W.O.K was a good one. My teachers were wonderful and I learned a lot. Maybe the school isn't in it's best condition but the students have so much spirt and unity. At least when I was there two years ago that's how it was. It isn't the greatest but the people in it makes it the best!

Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School
145 Hillside Ave, Hillside, NJ  07205
Last modified Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter O. Krumbiegel Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top