PK-1 & Ungraded
Hillside, NJ

Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2014
Love the teachers...administration needs to improve especially on communication. Parents were lied to that letters were sent for the first time parents but they actually never did. So as a new parent waiting to see the paper work for the requirements, it was annoying making trips to the school to find out what I needed yet the response I got was "we sent the letters last week, just wait" To this date no letters have been received. Please just tell the truth and say we didn't and this is why. We understand instead of lying to the parents. I found it very disorganized during the first day of school. I had to figure out in my own way by asking a collegue at work where to go buy the uniforms since her kids go to Newark schools. Otherwise if I had waited for "the letter" my child would not have had a uniform to go to school. Pease COMMUNICATE!

Posted April 17, 2014
This school is excellent with kids! My daughter loves her teacher Ms. Jackson. I have not seen anything wrong with the way the handle situations.

Posted March 17, 2014
Both my children attended this school. My daughter is on her last year here. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the teachers here. My children enjoy school and are sufficiently challenged. The school, is modern and well appointed. They could improve their drop off and pick up procedure but other then that I have not a negative thing to say. They have a great PTA this year that is active and involved. It's a shame that there is no testing at this young a level so the school received a NR rather then what I imagine would be a very positive rating.

Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School 2

Posted January 07, 2014
The teacher are the best they do a lot for the kids, they are academically doing very well. My son has been attending A.P Morris sins his pre-k3 which they now don't offer any more, they still have pre-k4 my son is in kinagarden but as I have attended middle school and high school in hillside I know that I will NOT send my son to this schools after next year the high school is very unorganized some teacher are great but the bored of Ed, principles and conclers are horrible with communication and helping people must not be what they are their for their are teachers that are just their for the pay check but the few that are great don't last long in this school system! A.P Morris has to organize their drop off and dismissal arrangements and the school lacks security one person cant keep an eye on every thing they have great people here just lack a good system to keep it all to gather, but middle and high school need way more then that this teachers, secretaries and a few others are going to leave and then this schools are lift with nothing. I would stay but this town needs to work on a lot of things not just the schools!

Posted September 09, 2013
2 years into this school and I have found it to be a great experience. I'm a teacher and my son is progressing well beyond and they keep him actively involved in learning more and more. PTA involvement is growing and they even have their own facebook page. It's a great first time experience into school.

Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School 1

Posted February 18, 2012
My child has been in this school since 2010 thru 2012 and I have to say it has been the worst experiece as of yet. So far the teachers have been teaching below the grade level and I feel my child has been set back. Also the teachers do not reach out to the parents and keep them involved, you have to track the teachers down if you want to find out how your child is doing, and they only have one principal for 3 schools and she is never available as well, I highly feel that the current principal should be replaced, as well as a lot of the staff.

Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2011
I had my child in this school for a couple of months and I hated. Two times my 3 year old was walking by her self on dismissal time. I arrived 3 minutes late because there is absolutely no parking available in that street and they just let your child go, no matter if you are there or not. My child has not been there since.

Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
I love that our school has the greatest staff of teachers and principal that cares about our kids THANK U For caring

Posted March 18, 2009
My son started at AP Morris in pre K. They have done an outstanding job. He reads and writes well. He's going to the third grade Sept 09. Wish he could stay at AP Morris. Excellent teachers!

Posted November 20, 2008
The school is doing an outstanding job! My son is learning so much. I couldn't be happier.

Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School
143 Coe Ave, Hillside, NJ  07205
Last modified Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School is a Public school
Abram P. Morris-Saybrook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top