Hoboken, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted October 31, 2014
There are many things that excite me about Stevens - the leadership, the innovative curriculum, the integration of technology, the numerous trips and the sense of community but the most important is that each year it gets better. They do not rest on the laurels of prior success, each year things are added that enhance the quality of education. This year was latin, smartboards in the second grade and a music ensemble. My children are excited to go to school every day which I know makes it easier for them to learn and grow. I could not be happier.

Stevens Cooperative School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
We are extremely disappointed in Stevens Cooperative School, our child has not had a good experience.

Posted October 29, 2013
We give this school a few stars because it isn't horrible but rather average and certainly not worth the money. In three years at the school, our daughter had to be tutored outside to keep up. In short, don't buy all the hype and really consider what you're getting. We were very insecure and unsure where to send our daughter when we came to NJ. The admissions department excels on preying on our fears and we got sucked in. Stevens needs all the bells and whistles to compensate for what it lacks. We've become wise since then.

Posted October 17, 2013
Stevens Cooperative School continues to be a wonderful place for my kids! I am especially impressed with my daughter's middle school teacher this year. She has already set a tone of teamwork and collaboration that's transferring to my daughter's work and sense of community. I'm so glad we are there!

Posted September 08, 2013
We moved our son from public school 3 years ago and Steven's has completely changed his life. He has found a supportive community and great teachers. He just started 8th grade and the high school guidance has been stellar thus far.

Posted June 19, 2013
We were holding out and staying the last year in the hopes that the new principal would elevate the school. As nice as the principal is, we realized that no leadership can eliminate that Stevens is an average school. Stevens is more about hype and fluff than good hard academics. Since our background is in education, we know many kids that graduated from Stevens and they have no more of an edge over graduates from other schools both public and private! In fact, those outside of Stevens needed less hand holding and seemed more independent. Instead of being a unique experience with high quality academics, we found Stevens to be a cookie cutter experience with little diversity. It was not helpful that our children were overpraised for what we found to be mediocre work, effort, and attitude. We have higher expectations for our children and although over praising might be considered kind, it did little to stretch our children and bring them challenging experience. They will not be getting anymore of our money for encouraging kids to be average.

Posted May 29, 2013
My child has been attending Stevens for the past 8 years. I first decided to apply to the school after I heard the eighth graders speak as I was very impressed with how confidently they articulated their positive experiences. I've been happy knowing that my child and many of the other children that I've gotten to know, uniformly seem to love being at Stevens. The children are motivated and have balanced attitudes. This enables a high percentage of graduating students to get accepted to an impressive array of super competitive NYC high schools. In all fairness, this is a progressive school and parents who want a certain traditional type of education are bound to complain. This was never the right fit for those individuals. It's important to recognize that no school can be all things to all people. The ratings here are obviously submitted by those with positive experiences versus those of disappointed parents who didn't get what they wanted.

Posted March 03, 2013
So glad to be done with this school. The facilities are above average. Administration bullies and uses fear to keep parents from vocalizing their opinions.

Posted January 07, 2013
Wonderful school! Fantastic new leadership, brilliant teachers, beautiful facilities, warm and down to earth parents all help to produce inquisitive, thoughtful, independent students who will be successful at whatever they wish. Hands down the best school in Hoboken and one which easily competes with the best schools of NYC.

Posted September 14, 2012
I'll let my kids speak for themselves... when school ended this Spring, my grade schooler AND my middle schooler both told us separately that they were excited for summer but wished there was just one more month of school because they'd miss it!! I never said or felt like that at school...it was a chore we all tried to get through. And I've been in the classrooms numerous times as helping parent... there's a solid curriculum; its not party central. Stevens just makes learning enjoyable and keeps kids involved and invested. My kids also never complain or try to fake being sick to get out of going to school. What a great foundation for lifelong learners!

Stevens Cooperative School
301 Garden Street, Hoboken, NJ  07030
Last modified Stevens Cooperative School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Stevens Cooperative School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 91 reviews. Top