No rating

All Saints Episcopal Day School

Private | PK-8 | 220 students

Living in Hoboken

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $495,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,110.

Posted October 30, 2014

Our son has been attending All Saint's Day School since nursery and is now in fifth grade. Our son loves his school! He is happy and feels safe and comfortable in his environment. There are so many things we like about the school but to name a few we like that they have a challenging curriculum and we appreciate its core values and beliefs. As well, the school has an excellent system and policy regarding parent and teacher communication is that is effective and an emergency system that works well for reaching parents at a moment s notice. The school offers music, arts, languages, and sports too. The school is major part of our lives and we could not be happier with our decision to remain at All Saint s. Thank you All Saint s! -All Saint's parent

Posted September 29, 2014

My daughter just got back from an overnight trip with her 7th grade class to Frost Valley. This was her second year going on the trip (6th graders go as well) and, if possible she had an even more enriching experience this year! The class starts the year off right, working out challenges together and coming together as a community. These overnight trips are one of the highlights of the year for my daughter and always eagerly anticipated!

Posted September 21, 2014

Our child has attended All Saints for about three years. The school has a stimulating, happy environment, and the teachers and staff are dedicated and involved. Also the classrooms and other rooms are clean, beautiful and filled with all types of age level appropriate material, including examples of the students' work. The music and art programs are outstanding. Our child enjoys going to school in the morning. I agree with the other postings above, and highly recommend All Saints.

Posted September 6, 2014

Our daughter had her first few day of Nursery school this week and we could not be happier. She is a very talkative 3-year-old, but this evening it was clear she is in a very nurturing school environment. She was eager to share everything about her day with us over the dinner table: the new music, the sand box with shells, who she sat by for painting, how they line up for the playground, and more. We knew it was a good sign when she asked at pickup if "next time" she could "go for longer." To top it off, we just received an email from her teachers with an overview of the week and photos. This level of parent-teacher communication is unparalleled. We cannot wait to watch as our daughter learns and grows at All Saints over the years.

Posted September 5, 2014

Our daughter had her first day of Kindergarten yesterday and it was amazing. The teachers worked to make her feel confident and she came home babbling about her day and all of the parts of her classroom. After two years in the Nursery and PreK half day program, we cannot wait to continue to watch our daughter flourish academically, socially, and spiritually.

Posted September 5, 2014

My oldest child has been attending All Saints since Nursery and my other children now attend the school as well. So while my appreciation for the school has continually strengthened over the past 7 years, my eyes were reopened earlier this week when my daughter started middle school. The middle school journey is a new beginning and a banner year in education and I am overwhelmed by how confident and articulate these 5th graders were. I expected some awkwardness and trepidation on their part, but all of the students were excitedly chatting and checking out their new lockers with the poise of seasoned pros. The firm handshakes and eye contact as they met their teachers for each class were equally impressive. When I stopped to contemplate all of this, I realized that All Saints has been preparing these kids since Nursery for this moment. They have fostered confidence and independence and heralded each child's unique contributions to the class in their approach to everything from homework to public speaking to community involvement.

Posted May 1, 2014

Our daughter is a second grade student and we have been with the school since Nursery. The teachers have all been amazing. They are all willing to provide detailed feedback and the school is open to ideas and suggestions from the parents. The focus on spirituality and community giving is strong, with many opportunities for the students to participate in volunteer events. Dance, music, theater and art teachers are all exemplary with multiple opportunities for students to learn and explore. Academics are a focus, with good enrichment opportunities for students who excel. The older students are visibly warm and caring toward the younger students and the school community is supportive and friendly.

Posted April 9, 2014

The opportunities at All Saints are endless! We know that the advanced curriculum and focused ratios have helped to mold our Kindergartener into a thoughtful, creative, community member. The teachers are caring and committed and they partner with each child to foster their own unique talents and strengths. We have loved the school so much that when we thought about leaving the area we couldn't leave the school! We will send our daughter here too for Nursery in the Fall as she needs to experience these endless opportunities that our son has been given.

Posted April 2, 2014

My son entered Ail Saints in the Nursery program, and is currently thriving as a Kindergartener. The school provides a nurturing, yet purposeful, educational environment, in which students develop a true love of learning. The educators truly care about each student as an individual, and there is open communication between teachers and parents. Core academic lessons and hands-on activities -- with an emphasis on critical-thinking skills -- make this school an absolute gem.

Posted October 28, 2013

What an amazing school! With an equally amazing curriculum. The staff is well trained and the children consistently challenged. There are always new ideas and exciting activities being introduced to both students and parents. These children are excelling and it's a pleasure to watch! If I had to change one thing, it definitely would be there overnight trips without parent chaperones..In 4th grade the children begin to take these trips with staff and parents are not allowed to attend..by 8th grade they leave the country ..I'm sorry but this is too young and way too risky.. other than that this school deserves extra kudos for all the charity work they do..the fact that my kindergartener and 3rd grader know all about and are so excited (and involved) in various charities is beyond impressive..as for what we need..we could definitely use a larger play area.

Posted October 7, 2013

This is our third year as an All Saints family and I feel extremely fortunate to have found a school that is so wonderful - academically, socially and spiritually. When we were suddenly relocated to NJ from Asia in 2011, I was quite concerned about the school situation in Hoboken. Although I was pleased when my son was accepted to All Saints, I didn't fully know what to expect. Fast forward two years and I now have 2 children attending and absolutely LOVING this school. Both my son and daughter start their mornings *running* into their classrooms, smiling and excited. On numerous occasions, they have told me "Mommy, I LOVE my school," which really is music to my ears. I am thrilled with the school's excellent balance of learning/academics with other important elements such as social responsibility, creativity, social skills and athletics/play time. I simply cannot say enough positive things about the teachers. Every teacher (and assistant) we've had has been smart, dedicated, compassionate, kind, helpful and fantastic with communication! I still get a bit teary and choked up when discussing my son's first teacher (Pre-K) because she was THAT good. All Saints is wonderful.

Posted October 7, 2013

I have a 5th grader and kindergartener at All Saints. There is a unique sense of community at this school, with families, teachers and the administration working closely together. Every teacher we've had over the years has been exceptionally skilled, dedicated, motivated and caring. Their teachers have worked individually with my children to improve challenge areas, as well as nurture and encourage their talents in subjects where they already excel. The academic program at All Saints is rigorous, and most importantly, helps students connect what they are learning to the world around them. My child has also benefited tremendously from the excellent drama program, which includes a Fall musical and a Spring play. The music and art classes are also top notch. Against this rich academic backdrop, students are also given many opportunities to serve and help their community. I really could not ask for a better educational experience for my children.

Posted October 6, 2013

My children have been attending All Saints since Nursery and have now been there for 6 years. I don't know where to start! My children absolutely love All Saints, and are eager to go to school every morning. The teaching staff are extremely professional, supportive, enthusiastic and nurturing, and their level of communication with parents is excellent. My children truly love learning, and the supportive environment fosters not only academic excellence but leadership skills, public speaking and students' social conscience. The support staff and adminstration are also top notch and extremely approachable. Any dissatisfaction in any regard is taken seriously and is addressed quickly and professionally - there is no 'bureaucratic red tape' to contend with. There are clear lines of communication from parents to the principal which are actively encouraged. We are very happy to be part of the All Saints Community where the environment is one of dynamic growth and energy, positivity and success!

Posted October 6, 2013

My daughters have attended All Saints since Nursery School and we have never been anything but highly impressed with the enthusiasm, dedication, warmth and creativity of the staff. The students are challenged academically in ways that are personally engaging and the learning is deep and meaningful. The children have multiple opportunities to learn leadership and public speaking skills. As parents we always feel that we can raise any concerns about our daughters' academic, social or emotional development and that the staff will come together with us to find the "just right" solution for our child. We truly feel very fortunate to have our children at this school.

Posted October 6, 2013

Our son joined All Saints last year and we were amazed with the strides he made both academically and socially. We had no hesitation in sending our daughter to the Nursery class this year. The teachers are dedicated excellent professionals and the positive and validating spirit of the school create an ideal learning environment. Our family loves All Saints and we are very happy to be a part of this wonderful community.

Posted October 6, 2013

My son is in his second year at All Saints, and is absolutely thriving. We are incredibly impressed by the quality of education he is receiving, which has fostered in him a early love for school and learning that I believe will be the cornerstone of lasting academic success. His creativity and confidence seem to grow tangibly each day, and we think that the staff at All Saints have distinctly influenced both his social and cognitive development.

Posted December 14, 2012

I have two children currently in Middle School who have attended since grammar school. I have loved every minute there but the real value has come through this past year with my 8th grade son. The support provided in the high school search process, which is increasingly stressful, has been superb. The teachers, the leadership and the entire school community really helped make this process as painless as possible. My children are better for their association to the school.

Posted November 9, 2012

Our oldest child has attended all saints for 5 years and youngest has attended for 2 years both beginning in nursery school. From the quality of the teachers and staff to the attention every child receives, am not surprised others have consistently given all saints 5 stars. We don t have to make trade-offs between disciplines such as math, reading, science etc and music, art, drama, and dance as the children are taught at a high level in every class. Our principal has elevated the objectives and achievements of the school every year that our children have attended and the results are evident. Lastly, parent involvement is high but not overbearing which creates a great balance in the school community. The parent invovlement high high but not overbearing which creates a great balance in the school community.

Posted November 9, 2012

My daughter has attended All Saints for the last 2 years. We couldn't be happier with the education, warm environment, amazing teachers and family involvement! My daughter tells me that she misses her teacher and classmates on the weekends and holidays and she can't wait to go to school on Monday. The teachers make the environment that encourages a love of learning.

Posted November 8, 2012

My children attended All Saints School many years ago, and as I sent my youngest off to college this year I reflected on how well prepared my children were for this transition and how this was in no small part attributable to their experiences at All Saints. My children have gone to high schools and colleges that continue to challenge them academically while reinforcing those values they experienced in elementary school - a strong sense of self, the importance of community and the notion of "giving back." Within weeks of arriving at college, my daughter became a "study buddy" for a young student from an economically depressed neighborhood and my son has taken a leadership position in a campus organization that is currently organizing relief efforts for families displaced by hurricane Sandy. The value of their independent school education has become increasingly apparent to me as they enter adulthood and begin making important choices about the direction of their lives. I am grateful to All Saints for providing this important foundation and glad to know the tradition continues.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 9%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • NJ Non-Public School School Teacher of the Year (2011)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Lexus Eco-challenge (2010)
  • Prudential Community Service Award (2011)

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Debate

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:00 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Jill Singleton
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Episcopal
Associations
  • NAES
Fax number
  • (201) 792-1595

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

• Creative writing
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service
  • Debate
  • Math club
  • Student council/government
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom