No rating

All Saints Episcopal Day School

Private | PK-8 | 220 students

Living in Hoboken

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $495,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,110.

Posted May 1, 2014

Our daughter is a second grade student and we have been with the school since Nursery. The teachers have all been amazing. They are all willing to provide detailed feedback and the school is open to ideas and suggestions from the parents. The focus on spirituality and community giving is strong, with many opportunities for the students to participate in volunteer events. Dance, music, theater and art teachers are all exemplary with multiple opportunities for students to learn and explore. Academics are a focus, with good enrichment opportunities for students who excel. The older students are visibly warm and caring toward the younger students and the school community is supportive and friendly.

Posted April 9, 2014

The opportunities at All Saints are endless! We know that the advanced curriculum and focused ratios have helped to mold our Kindergartener into a thoughtful, creative, community member. The teachers are caring and committed and they partner with each child to foster their own unique talents and strengths. We have loved the school so much that when we thought about leaving the area we couldn't leave the school! We will send our daughter here too for Nursery in the Fall as she needs to experience these endless opportunities that our son has been given.

Posted April 2, 2014

My son entered Ail Saints in the Nursery program, and is currently thriving as a Kindergartener. The school provides a nurturing, yet purposeful, educational environment, in which students develop a true love of learning. The educators truly care about each student as an individual, and there is open communication between teachers and parents. Core academic lessons and hands-on activities -- with an emphasis on critical-thinking skills -- make this school an absolute gem.

Posted October 28, 2013

What an amazing school! With an equally amazing curriculum. The staff is well trained and the children consistently challenged. There are always new ideas and exciting activities being introduced to both students and parents. These children are excelling and it's a pleasure to watch! If I had to change one thing, it definitely would be there overnight trips without parent chaperones..In 4th grade the children begin to take these trips with staff and parents are not allowed to attend..by 8th grade they leave the country ..I'm sorry but this is too young and way too risky.. other than that this school deserves extra kudos for all the charity work they do..the fact that my kindergartener and 3rd grader know all about and are so excited (and involved) in various charities is beyond impressive..as for what we need..we could definitely use a larger play area.

Posted October 7, 2013

This is our third year as an All Saints family and I feel extremely fortunate to have found a school that is so wonderful - academically, socially and spiritually. When we were suddenly relocated to NJ from Asia in 2011, I was quite concerned about the school situation in Hoboken. Although I was pleased when my son was accepted to All Saints, I didn't fully know what to expect. Fast forward two years and I now have 2 children attending and absolutely LOVING this school. Both my son and daughter start their mornings *running* into their classrooms, smiling and excited. On numerous occasions, they have told me "Mommy, I LOVE my school," which really is music to my ears. I am thrilled with the school's excellent balance of learning/academics with other important elements such as social responsibility, creativity, social skills and athletics/play time. I simply cannot say enough positive things about the teachers. Every teacher (and assistant) we've had has been smart, dedicated, compassionate, kind, helpful and fantastic with communication! I still get a bit teary and choked up when discussing my son's first teacher (Pre-K) because she was THAT good. All Saints is wonderful.

Posted October 7, 2013

I have a 5th grader and kindergartener at All Saints. There is a unique sense of community at this school, with families, teachers and the administration working closely together. Every teacher we've had over the years has been exceptionally skilled, dedicated, motivated and caring. Their teachers have worked individually with my children to improve challenge areas, as well as nurture and encourage their talents in subjects where they already excel. The academic program at All Saints is rigorous, and most importantly, helps students connect what they are learning to the world around them. My child has also benefited tremendously from the excellent drama program, which includes a Fall musical and a Spring play. The music and art classes are also top notch. Against this rich academic backdrop, students are also given many opportunities to serve and help their community. I really could not ask for a better educational experience for my children.

Posted October 6, 2013

My children have been attending All Saints since Nursery and have now been there for 6 years. I don't know where to start! My children absolutely love All Saints, and are eager to go to school every morning. The teaching staff are extremely professional, supportive, enthusiastic and nurturing, and their level of communication with parents is excellent. My children truly love learning, and the supportive environment fosters not only academic excellence but leadership skills, public speaking and students' social conscience. The support staff and adminstration are also top notch and extremely approachable. Any dissatisfaction in any regard is taken seriously and is addressed quickly and professionally - there is no 'bureaucratic red tape' to contend with. There are clear lines of communication from parents to the principal which are actively encouraged. We are very happy to be part of the All Saints Community where the environment is one of dynamic growth and energy, positivity and success!

Posted October 6, 2013

My daughters have attended All Saints since Nursery School and we have never been anything but highly impressed with the enthusiasm, dedication, warmth and creativity of the staff. The students are challenged academically in ways that are personally engaging and the learning is deep and meaningful. The children have multiple opportunities to learn leadership and public speaking skills. As parents we always feel that we can raise any concerns about our daughters' academic, social or emotional development and that the staff will come together with us to find the "just right" solution for our child. We truly feel very fortunate to have our children at this school.

Posted October 6, 2013

Our son joined All Saints last year and we were amazed with the strides he made both academically and socially. We had no hesitation in sending our daughter to the Nursery class this year. The teachers are dedicated excellent professionals and the positive and validating spirit of the school create an ideal learning environment. Our family loves All Saints and we are very happy to be a part of this wonderful community.

Posted October 6, 2013

My son is in his second year at All Saints, and is absolutely thriving. We are incredibly impressed by the quality of education he is receiving, which has fostered in him a early love for school and learning that I believe will be the cornerstone of lasting academic success. His creativity and confidence seem to grow tangibly each day, and we think that the staff at All Saints have distinctly influenced both his social and cognitive development.

Posted December 14, 2012

I have two children currently in Middle School who have attended since grammar school. I have loved every minute there but the real value has come through this past year with my 8th grade son. The support provided in the high school search process, which is increasingly stressful, has been superb. The teachers, the leadership and the entire school community really helped make this process as painless as possible. My children are better for their association to the school.

Posted November 9, 2012

Our oldest child has attended all saints for 5 years and youngest has attended for 2 years both beginning in nursery school. From the quality of the teachers and staff to the attention every child receives, am not surprised others have consistently given all saints 5 stars. We don t have to make trade-offs between disciplines such as math, reading, science etc and music, art, drama, and dance as the children are taught at a high level in every class. Our principal has elevated the objectives and achievements of the school every year that our children have attended and the results are evident. Lastly, parent involvement is high but not overbearing which creates a great balance in the school community. The parent invovlement high high but not overbearing which creates a great balance in the school community.

Posted November 9, 2012

My daughter has attended All Saints for the last 2 years. We couldn't be happier with the education, warm environment, amazing teachers and family involvement! My daughter tells me that she misses her teacher and classmates on the weekends and holidays and she can't wait to go to school on Monday. The teachers make the environment that encourages a love of learning.

Posted November 8, 2012

My children attended All Saints School many years ago, and as I sent my youngest off to college this year I reflected on how well prepared my children were for this transition and how this was in no small part attributable to their experiences at All Saints. My children have gone to high schools and colleges that continue to challenge them academically while reinforcing those values they experienced in elementary school - a strong sense of self, the importance of community and the notion of "giving back." Within weeks of arriving at college, my daughter became a "study buddy" for a young student from an economically depressed neighborhood and my son has taken a leadership position in a campus organization that is currently organizing relief efforts for families displaced by hurricane Sandy. The value of their independent school education has become increasingly apparent to me as they enter adulthood and begin making important choices about the direction of their lives. I am grateful to All Saints for providing this important foundation and glad to know the tradition continues.

Posted October 24, 2012

My children have attended all saints for three years and I could not ask for a better school. Not only is the quality of the education of the highest caliber, with incredibly dedicated teachers and a challenging and engaging curriculum, but also, the community is very open and vibrant, contributing to the experience for the whole family. The school truly lives its mission, which combines educational excellence with a larger understanding of the world and focus on service.

Posted October 22, 2012

My son started at All Saints this fall. The year prior he attended a different school, and was not at all engaged; at best, he was nonplussed by the experience, and at worst, he did not want to go. When he started at All Saints in September, I had some of the same concerns that any parent would have if their child was the "new kid" -- would he make friends? how would he do academically? would he like the new school? I thought these questions would be answered during the course of the year, but I didn't have to wait that long. Already my son has been welcomed into the fold of his new classroom and feels part of the group. More importantly, my son literally runs to school in the morning and insists on attending after care at the end of the day, even though he doesn't have to. As a parent, I could not ask for more: he is happy, well cared for and receiving a top-notch education while starting to develop an awareness of the world and those who inhabit it. I cannot recommend All Saints strongly enough. It has made all the difference in changing my child's attitude towards school, which I feel is crucial in order to develop good study habits and academic success in future years.

Posted October 9, 2012

I am lucky to have taught at All Saints for the past five years. I love coming to work each day and strive to deliver my best to my students. The community at All Saints is one that is warm, close, and dedicated. Wonderful elationships have been made between teachers, students, and parents throughout the five years I have worked here. Our misssion statement is one that strives for academic, social, and independent growth and excellence. We teach our students to hold a passion and love for others and our earth. I am so happy to be apart of this dedicated and loving community.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 3, 2012

Our daughter just began attending the Nursery program at All Saints. It is amazing how in one month we have a totally new child who literally RUNS to school each day. Not only is she sharing intersting information (most recently about items needed for composting), but she has also exhibited stronger social and conversational skills. The schools mission was a primary reason for us selecting this school as our top choice (thank goodness we got in), and in a month we can see the points of the mission are clearly being instilled in our daughter each day in the Nursery room.

Posted October 3, 2012

I have been a teacher at All Saints since 2001. I also served on our board and on the committee for our initial accreditation through NJAIS. This experience allowed me to understand just how special independent education is: the influence of our mission statement, the integrity of accredited institutions, and the power of partnership when parents, administrators, teachers, and students all work together for our children. In 2007, our community asked for a middle school. Through hard work, careful planning, and continuous reflection, we have answered that call and now serve grades 5-8 with an exemplary academic, social, and experiential program. I could not be more proud to have been a part of this growth. I now have two young children attending our school. I have the utmost respect for every teacher in our school and know that at every grade level, my children will be taught by people who love the work they do, love their school, and stand by our guiding mission statement. I know that many exciting trips, projects, partnerships, events, and learning opportunities await my son and daughter at every grade level, and I am so grateful to be able to give this gift to them.

Posted December 12, 2011

Sending our daughter to All Saints has been one of the best investments we have made as a family. We are continually impressed by the strong academic curriculum and the excellent music, performance, and visual arts programs. Our daughter is excited to go to school every day and is growing academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 9%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • NJ Non-Public School School Teacher of the Year (2011)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Lexus Eco-challenge (2010)
  • Prudential Community Service Award (2011)

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Debate

School start time
  • 8:15 am
School end time
  • 3:00 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Jill Singleton
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

• Creative writing
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service
  • Debate
  • Math club
  • Student council/government
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom