PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

SVS graduates leaders! All 3 of my daughters graduated from this school and are successful business women!

St. Veronica is truly a diamond in the rough. There is a sense of community in this school, from the Principal, staff and faculty, to the parents and students themselves. Among the four children we have enrolled, there is such a range of academic and athletic abilities, personalities, strengths and weaknesses; yet they are all thriving at St. Veronica School! Our children have become more independent, confident children who have grown in faith. They are highly motivated to do their best because of the school environment; an environment that encourages respect and responsibility, and a thirst for knowledge. There is a unique balance at this school. The children are challenged, but not overwhelmed. They are given independence, but not more than they can handle. They are given love and guidance, but not babied. This theme of caring for one another, helping each other grow academically, emotionally, physically, spiritually and otherwise is consistent throughout the school, even among parents and students. Your children will only thrive when surrounded by this environment! These are the kinds of friends and families you want your children to be surrounded by and grow up with! The academic curriculum is excellent and the teachers and staff have a close relationship with all the students due to a smaller class size. Your child is not just a face in the crowd at St. Veronica. The principal, teachers and staff personally knew all four of my children within the first month of enrollment. My children have achieved top scores on the Standardized Tests and are truly prepared and relaxed for them. There are many extracurricular and sports programs to choose from to suit a range of abilities. The music program offers a variety of instruments to learn and there is also a school/parish choir and amazing drama program. The annual school drama musical is a hit with our children! You and your children will not be disappointed with St. Veronica School!

I don't know where to begin. I feel like this school is being run by a bunch of very childish parents, not by educated professionals. These parents act like bullies, They set a terrible example for the children who in turn act like bullies and are allowed to get away with it because their parents are volunteering so much of there time to a school that is failing. It's shocking to hear mothers threatening other mothers about their child remaining in the school- it goes against everything that is taught in the Catholic faith. You try to ignore this behavior but, it trickles down to the children and affects them academically. Even some of the teachers engage in this behavior. Parents have gone to Sr. to discuss these issues and are blown off...It's appalling and because of this I have chosen to remove my child from the school.

One of the main reasons we initially moved to Howell was because of the great things we heard about the public school district. We enrolled our oldest daughter in St. Veronica's Rainbow Patch pre-school program after touring several local preschools. While we really had no intention of continuing her schooling at St. Veronica beyond pre-school, we just fell in love with the program for so many reasons. Her teacher, Mrs. Bove was wonderful. A competent, caring and special educator. But beyond that, we just felt something was different about St. Veronica and the further we went into the school year the more we found ourselves falling in love with the program. As the end of pre-k approached, we began to discuss our expectations for both of our daughters education and the conversation kept bringing us back to St. Veronica. There is this sense of warmness and family in the halls and classrooms of St. Veronica. From the faculty, to the ministry to the families, there is a genuine caring and love for one another. We feel safe knowing that our girls are in a school where they are part of a family and not just 1 in a sea of hundreds or in some cases thousands. So far, the academics has been excellent, our oldest is in kindergarten and is thriving. Her teacher, Mrs. Londregan is one of those people who are born to teach. We cannot say enough wonderful things about her, truly an angel. While we always thought about our girls education in terms of academics, our experience at St. Veronica has also helped us to develop as a family our own spirituality, compassion and love for others. We were not what you would call a "praying" family prior to entering St. Veronica. God was an after thought and prayer was often reserved for times of tragedy or the occasional lottery ticket. I am happy to say that our experience at St. Veronica has changed all of that. God is front and center in our lives now and prayer is important to us. I just recently said to someone, "our 5 year old has taught us to pray." I meant it. She has grown our family's spiritual growth through her own experience at St. Veronica. We feel blessed to have found this school!

We have been blessed to have all three of our children attending SVS. My wife and I chose to invest in our children's future beginning with their education. Like most things in life strength and stability lie in the foundation. With our oldest in 6th grade and our youngest in first, we watched our little ones develop leadership skills, become confident, as well as grow in faith and knowledge. We trust in the faculty, curriculum, and culture of the school to give our children the foundation they need, the education they require and leadership skills for a bright future.

I've had the outstanding experience of having three of my children attend St. veronica School from rainbow Patch on. Two have graduated and are flourishing young adults. My oldest is a Sophomore in College studying biology on the road to becoming a physician. My middle one is in High School achieving honors in all his honor level classes. The solid foundation they received at St. veronica School has set them on this path and armed them with the tools they require in our competitive society. My youngest in middle school is also flourishing, always scoring in the top percentile when tested. If it wasn't for the hard work and dedication of their teachers, guidance counselor and principal this wouldn't be the case. I've read many on these reviews and the rotten fruit scenario comes to mind. Although enrollment has lessened and class sizes have gotten smaller resulting in teachers moving on the quality of education has remained consistent. those who choose to find negatives usually do so to justify their decision or inability to have their children attend. My children have become well rounded life long learners as a result of the education and involvement in so many after school athletics and extra curricular activities. Whether it's education, athletics or witnessing them interact with those less fortunate and elderly they always lead with the heart. Thank You St. veronica School and Sister Cherree for all you are to my children.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

As with all schools, athletic programs and every other gathering place for children bullying is and will also be present. What impresses me the most is the way St. Veronica School deals with this topic. No only does the school constantly attempt to enlighten students on the harms of bullying, the school has had many guest speakers available to address parents. St Veronica School handles the bullying topic with a zero acceptance policy.

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Veronica School embodies their motto of reverence, respect and responsibility. My children in an age of pass the buck and point the finger have learned to always be responsible as they navigate life and respect everyone they encounter.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

These are catholic Schoo teacher. They don't teach for the vast financial reward. They teach and nurture for the love of their students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My children have always had a healthy workload. St. veronica School has in my opinion achieved the perfect mix in order for children to become well rounded as it pertains to their studies and after school activities.

Last modified St Veronica School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8