PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I've had the outstanding experience of having three of my children attend St. veronica School from rainbow Patch on. Two have graduated and are flourishing young adults. My oldest is a Sophomore in College studying biology on the road to becoming a physician. My middle one is in High School achieving honors in all his honor level classes. The solid foundation they received at St. veronica School has set them on this path and armed them with the tools they require in our competitive society. My youngest in middle school is also flourishing, always scoring in the top percentile when tested. If it wasn't for the hard work and dedication of their teachers, guidance counselor and principal this wouldn't be the case. I've read many on these reviews and the rotten fruit scenario comes to mind. Although enrollment has lessened and class sizes have gotten smaller resulting in teachers moving on the quality of education has remained consistent. those who choose to find negatives usually do so to justify their decision or inability to have their children attend. My children have become well rounded life long learners as a result of the education and involvement in so many after school athletics and extra curricular activities. Whether it's education, athletics or witnessing them interact with those less fortunate and elderly they always lead with the heart. Thank You St. veronica School and Sister Cherree for all you are to my children.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

As with all schools, athletic programs and every other gathering place for children bullying is and will also be present. What impresses me the most is the way St. Veronica School deals with this topic. No only does the school constantly attempt to enlighten students on the harms of bullying, the school has had many guest speakers available to address parents. St Veronica School handles the bullying topic with a zero acceptance policy.

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Veronica School embodies their motto of reverence, respect and responsibility. My children in an age of pass the buck and point the finger have learned to always be responsible as they navigate life and respect everyone they encounter.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

These are catholic Schoo teacher. They don't teach for the vast financial reward. They teach and nurture for the love of their students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My children have always had a healthy workload. St. veronica School has in my opinion achieved the perfect mix in order for children to become well rounded as it pertains to their studies and after school activities.

My Daughter has been a student at SVS since Rainbow Patch and is currently in the 7th Grade. I am a proud parent of SVS! The atmosphere at this school is very family oriented. It is a warm, welcoming environment. The academics are outstanding. The teachers are very encouraging and skilled at what they do. My Daughter actually enjoys coming to school and thrives in the classroom. We have had such amazing years here and it will be sad to leave next year after graduation. St. Veronica school has succeeded in preparing my Daughter for a bright future. For that I am thankful.

I was extremely disappointed in the way my son was treated by the staff and some students at SVS as well as the academics. We choose to send him there because we wanted him to get a Christian education however the adults he encountered didn't model Christian behavior. We decieded it was best to move on when we found he was being bullied by another student and the staff were doing little to help the situation. Academically he was much more ahead than his counterparts, I certainly do not feel I got what we paid for.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers have left over the last few years and have expressed sadness as they have watched a school that was once thriving start to fail. Most of the teachers that are left do not have teaching degrees, a few should have retired due to a large lack of patience with students and not providing up to date academic material to help students prosper in high school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Definitely not enough challenging homework for students. Student who have graduated in the last 3 years have expressed and complained how they were not prepared academically for high school due to lack of academic structure and up to date material.

Develops character: Disagree

No, because the school is suffering financially they will accept any student even if the student does not meet the academic or behavior requirements they also count on a lot of parent volunteers and those parents and students are treated differently by the faculty and staff.

Last modified St Veronica School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8