PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My Daughter has been a student at SVS since Rainbow Patch and is currently in the 7th Grade. I am a proud parent of SVS! The atmosphere at this school is very family oriented. It is a warm, welcoming environment. The academics are outstanding. The teachers are very encouraging and skilled at what they do. My Daughter actually enjoys coming to school and thrives in the classroom. We have had such amazing years here and it will be sad to leave next year after graduation. St. Veronica school has succeeded in preparing my Daughter for a bright future. For that I am thankful.

I was extremely disappointed in the way my son was treated by the staff and some students at SVS as well as the academics. We choose to send him there because we wanted him to get a Christian education however the adults he encountered didn't model Christian behavior. We decieded it was best to move on when we found he was being bullied by another student and the staff were doing little to help the situation. Academically he was much more ahead than his counterparts, I certainly do not feel I got what we paid for.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers have left over the last few years and have expressed sadness as they have watched a school that was once thriving start to fail. Most of the teachers that are left do not have teaching degrees, a few should have retired due to a large lack of patience with students and not providing up to date academic material to help students prosper in high school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Definitely not enough challenging homework for students. Student who have graduated in the last 3 years have expressed and complained how they were not prepared academically for high school due to lack of academic structure and up to date material.

Develops character: Disagree

No, because the school is suffering financially they will accept any student even if the student does not meet the academic or behavior requirements they also count on a lot of parent volunteers and those parents and students are treated differently by the faculty and staff.

We believe that this school was thriving years ago but in the last few years has suffered due to financial difficulty. They have cut teachers and assistants. They have no technology program- the computers were stolen last summer and in order to be replaced they had to make more cuts. We believe the computers were stolen due to a lack of a secure and safe structure/building. The physical structure of the school is falling apart- there are many power outages and many plumbing issues that can't be fixed. Academically, they have one large class per grade without assistants. The teachers who have stayed (who should have probably retired already) are overwhelmed as they are teaching 24+ kids with some who have IEP's and need special attention (and who need real professional help) making it a very unfair environment for everyone to learn. There is also a lot of frustration by the teachers which trickles on to the young students by yelling etc.. They have parents with no teaching experience constantly acting as subs in the classroom. The financial difficulty also affects the lunchroom and quality of the food and the people who are handling the food. They have parent volunteers handling food with no professional experience or training to handle food and, a lot of the food is expired, we have even seen the main lunchroom person drop food on the floor and continue to use it and serve to children. There have been a ton of complaints to the Diocese of Trenton about this school and they are discussing closing it and selling the property but we feel that in the meantime they are continuing to rob parents of a tuition fee that does not meet the standards of a private school. There have been several bright students who have left the school this school year. They are a desperate failing school and should be honest with all parents. As parents & teachers, we all feel guilty about what's happening.

I chose to send my children to ST. Veronica school, even though I knew the school was 'failing' because I believed they would learn strong values etc.. and I hoped that somehow the school would start to thrive again. Unfortunately, I think, I came at a time when the school was no longer fully functional. They had cut down on teachers, one large class only per grade, so you have a crowded classroom with only one teacher who may be certified, no academic resources for the teachers or students and the physical structure of the school is very outdated and run down. A lot of repairs both physical and academic that could not be made because of lack of funding due to a large decrease in enrollment. They are on a 'watch list' by the diocese. But, we also found out that it's not just demographics that have caused low enrollment. They have a serious internal bullying problem among students, faculty and parents. They have too many 'volunteers' who are parents running the school and it overtakes the professionalism that is needed and actually makes the school unsafe and ineffective. I would not send your children into a 'sinking ship' for their education. It's unfair that they are charging a large tuition with all that's lacking- this school is robbing parents.

I have both my children attending St. Veronica School. Both of them have been there since Kindergarten. My oldest is now in 8th grade. Both of them have excelled academically and athletically. On the Terra Nova standardized tests my oldest consistently scored on average greater than 95% of all students who took the test year after year. She's been accepted into the John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth program. This is not only because of her; this is from what she's learned at this school. The teachers and administration at St. Veronica's has provided so much support to both my children and has helped us instill an excellent sense of morals, respect and strong religious belief in addition to high academic standards. I highly recommend this school. I'm sorry to see some negative comments about the school. You get what you put into it. We spend time to ensure our children study and communicate with their teachers and we couldn't be any happier with the school and how much they've helped our children.

We have two children attending SVS currently and plan to send our third there as well. Both started with pre-school and were well prepared for Kindergarten. The curriculum is definitely competitive with public schools, as we have compared notes. We are very pleased with the sense of community that the school provides. We are a part of a big family and there is a sense of respect for all and a great sense of morals in the children. We have nothing but great things to say about the school and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to send their children to a school that has a great curriculum while reinforcing great morals and respect for others.

I'm a parent of 5. My oldest was enrolled from preschool through 8th grade. 3 others are in the school now (since pre-K) and my youngest will be enrolled next year. My oldest was accepted into an Honors program in the Freehold Regional HS system after graduating from SVS 2 years ago. She is a straight A student in an All Honors program. All my kids have scored "off the charts" in their Terra Nova standardized tests in every grade. The one area of criticism is the 7th and 8th grade math curriculum... which has been addressed this year. In my case, the facts speak for themselves... my children are straight A students, well behaved, well rounded - and most importantly - spiritually rich in their Catholic faith. Isn't that why we pay Catholic school tuition after all? Catholic education is suffering declining enrollment because of the economic downturn. Many no longer have the ability to write the check. I deeply value Catholic education and will do what it takes to pay the bill. That is why SVS asks for donations... enrollment is down and the school is trying to keep tuition affordable. I love this school and I hope my 13 year commitment to it is testimony to that fact.

Last modified St Veronica School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8