PK-5 & Ungraded
Irvington, NJ

Berkeley Terrace 1

Posted November 18, 2013
the school is very disorganize. the academic level is extremely low and they teachers have no clue about differentiation of academic instructions. Whenever I call no one ever answers my questions. I discourage any parent from registering their child in this school. My son is regressing,and it's a shame there is no other public school for my son to attend in them area. I look forward to moving him to a private school. I am completely disgusted with this school.

Berkeley Terrace 3

Posted June 06, 2012
My 6 year old daughter has been attending this school since Sept 2011. Overall for me, it's okay. It can be better & has potential for improvement. I believe that the out of control kids should be disciplined a liitle stronger & the parents more involved. Every time I go to pick up my child, there are kids running all over, yelling, screaming, playing, throwing rocks, pushing. I just don't get it. More staff needs to be outside with these kids or someone will eventually get hurt.

Berkeley Terrace 3

Posted March 24, 2010
My daughter is a second grader at Berkeley. Since attending the school, she has been on the honor roll and super honor roll. She's been there since Kindergarden and I think that Ms. Wells is doing a fabulous job there academically. I would imagine that as with any school, your child's personal performance would depend on your child. Some of the children there are really out of control, but its hard for the staff to control a child whose parent(s) may not be as involved as they should.

Berkeley Terrace 2

Posted October 01, 2009
Berkeley Terrace used to be a great school but as of last year it is going downhill as the staff has no controll over the students. This year its no better in fact it has gotten to the point that I am looking to relocate to remove my children from this mess. I am no longer a proud Berkeley Parent.

Posted August 11, 2009
awesome school all three of my kids go their recently my oldest child graguated with straight A's no lie.

Berkeley Terrace 2

Posted March 05, 2007

Berkeley Terrace 1

Posted March 23, 2005
Berkeley Terrace is a nice school, but the parents don't care. This school is filled with bullies. My son has been going to Berkeley Terrace for only two months and he has been jumped once (by three boys) and beaten -up twice (by two different boys that are friends with the boys that jumped him). The PTA needs to have more meetings. The teachers are too young to teach. I went to the school one day and I saw a teacher talking on her cellular phone during class. I can t wait until this school year is over, so I can take my son out of this school.

Posted September 29, 2004

Posted April 28, 2004
- a former student
I am an ex-student who beleives in Irvington school systems and students. Berkeley Terrace is the greateset and best elementary school in the Newark,Irvington, and Orange areas. The students care beacause the teachers care and support. The teachers care and support beacause they actually realize that they obtain a room full of the future.And the children know and accept the fact that they are the future. Berkley sets a positive atmosphere with a twist of love and fun. With a crazy amount of love to Irvington and Berkley Terrace school, Joel Ortiz

Berkeley Terrace
787 Grove Street, Irvington, NJ  07111
Last modified Berkeley Terrace is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berkeley Terrace Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top