K-5 & Ungraded
Irvington, NJ

Florence Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2007
My family has recently moved here temporarily, and chose the school due to the closeness of home. I must say compared to all schools my child has encountered, her first day home from school she was so upset because the kids, teachers, and the environment 'scared' her. I must say the quality of personnel and the overall status of the school is way below acceptable. The dances are no more than house parties where children are left to just run around. The curriculum brought home was what I thought of as below average. Security, that's a joke. Lunch repetitive. Teachers interaction and attitude towards parents & students are rude & judgmental. I must say my family, including my daughter are definitely happy that this school was ONLY temporary. Overall this school is unsatisfactory to the well being, education, and character being molded by the environment they are in. Its sad.

Posted June 20, 2006

Florence Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2005
This school is over crowded. The enrollment is well over 600 students despite whate is listed on this page. Students run around in the parking lot for recess and are subjected to filthy classrooms. There are some grades that have classes pushing 30. The school environment is far from ideal for students or teachers. It is horrible shame the parents at this school do not take an active roll to help the staff. PTA mettings are merely gripe sessions and do nothing to improve the school.

Posted June 08, 2004

Posted February 16, 2004
I think that this school is too strict when it comes to disciplining their students. My son is in kindergarten and they have a tendency to suspend over the littlest things. No, my son is not perfect, but he is only 5 years old and ot kick him out of school is a little harsh.

Florence Avenue Elementary School
1324 Springfield Avenue, Irvington, NJ  07111
Last modified Florence Avenue Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence Avenue Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top