PK-5 & Ungraded
Jackson, NJ

Elms Elementary School 5

Posted February 11, 2012
We moved to Jackson 3 years ago, and Elms Elem. School was everything we had hoped. My son transitioned very well. The current principal does make himself available to all parents. I asked for an opportunity to speak to him personally and he was more than happy to hear my concern, and he addressed the issue well. The school itself is beautiful and well equipped.

Elms Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2011
Not a school I recommend. my daughter encountered her first bigotry here. it was blatant and ugly. The vice principle handled it well. Never heard from principle. Curriculum is good. Teachers on average inexperienced. My kids do not care for the school. It has room for improvement and in time could possibly be a true great school. But not currently.

Posted July 28, 2011
We love Elms Elementary! My oldest child attended kindergarten the year Elms opened, and continued through 5th grade. I currently have 2 other children attending Elms. I've read some bad reviews of the school and have to disagree. We've been involved for 8 years and think the principal, guidance and faculty do a great job in communication with parents and resolving problems that may come up during year such as bullying. Very happy with school.

Elms Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2011
Unfortunately I cannot give this school a good rating. My child has attended this school since 1st Grade. The first three years were wonderful and we were quite impressed. The 4th and 5th grades have been horrible. From having to deal with a type of bullying mentality from some teachers to a lack of activities in this school - it fails on all levels. My husband and I have to deal with a child who made straight A's and loved school to a child who no longer wishes to go to school because of her teachers. Next year we will have our child homeschooled because of the experience with the teachers at Elms Elementary. I was warned about one of the teachers being "moody" but I did not want another parent to influence me. Well, they were correct - my daughter's teacher IS moody and is inappropriate with some of their "philosphies" regarding life. What is upsetting is that this teacher is influencing the way my child thinks. If it were not so close to the end of the school year, I would pull my child from this school.

Elms Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2011
The education has deteriorated since 2004. Mr. Baginski walks with his hands in his pockets, head down, hides in the corner at school functions, rarely talks to parents, and rarely displays any passion or enthusiasm. The teachers that my children have, rarely give out homework. There's no reinforcement of learning. Only a small ratio of teachers have over 5 yrs of professional education exp. A cost saving tactic to hire young teachers with no real professional experience and a young principal running the school. One teacher even goes to the extent of giving no homework if a football team wins. Forget about football and focus on having them excel in their studies. Credit to a small group of teachers and guidance counselor that really do care for the well being of the kids. They work tirelessly to see them succeed. Hats off to them for doing an exemplary job. I only wish the new teachers and Mr Baginski can learn from the experts on what true education is. Unfortunately, my children will have the effects of their botched learning as they mature.

Elms Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
Great teachers! Lots of fun activities always going on!

Elms Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2006
I am a very busy working mom and was worried about my daughter attending a new school last year (kindergarten) at Elms. She flourished at this school, learning to read, working out social situations with the help of the guidance counselor and her teacher and even a letter back from the principal on one situation. I am extremely happy with Elms and we are very fortunate to have our daughter attend this wonderful school. Our daughter's teacher was fantastic (Mrs. Risley) and we are looking forward to another great year this year for our child. She learned to read books and learned complex sentences for her age range along with math and various art activities. Parents are allowed to come and 'volunteer' to help in class. Lot's of school activites too. This is an A+ school. I cannot say enough good things about it. My daugher even loves her bus driver!

Posted March 30, 2006
The teacher involvment is really something special. There are so many evening events for parents to attend. I always do and I think it is great to see so many staff memebers taking part in evening activities which they do because they care and want to and not because they have to. this is a sign of a great school.

Posted February 04, 2006
I moved to jackson from Millstone and have to say, I'm so pleasantly surprised on how happy My husband and I with this school. My children who have a difficult time with school are doing fantastic. The staff is great too.

Elms Elementary School
780 Patterson Road, Jackson, NJ  08527
Last modified Elms Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elms Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top