Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The administrator thinks he is hot stuff. He in reality has no diplomacy skills.

Develops character: Neutral

The principal has an overdeveloped ego, he makes it his business to tell people that he is the best. The parents can see right through him.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They are in a bad mood. They are always angry.

The principal is very nasty. The teachers have attitude problems. I don't like it. I wouldn't send my kids back.

We have three children and regret moving out to Jackson. I guess having happy children who are learning is setting the bar too high? Lots of kids in this school with anger issues, teachers with bad attitudes, my children are nice, polite and caring, and have seen the ugly side of life at an early age. My fault, should have stayed put back up North....Schools must be a awesome learning experience where children bloom and teachers help our children.

Terrible school. I have a child in kindergarten and I have watched her deal with a bully since the first week of school and even after being pushed down hitting her head on a wall hard enough to be sent to the nurses office for quite some time and having ice packs on it for a while I was never notified ONCE by the teacher, nurse, principals... ANYONE. Like I understand a child stubbing their toe but a incident like this where another child pushed my child into a wall and my child being hurt.... There's been SO many incidents with the same child. No matter how many times I showed my face in the school after meetings and even contacting the superintend ... Nothing was done, I just couldn't believe it. My child was not the only one being bullied so it's SHOCKING to me to see the bully just stay in the class. Then they turn the tables 3 weeks after I had already been there with the complaints and attacked my family. This school every single person in it is beyond sneaky!!! It's heart breaking to know how shady this school is and how they just get away with it. I'm getting the state involved, I know I can find a way to prove my point with this school.

New to Elms this year,with 2 children. Bad experience with one of the teachers from the start. Also this school is lacking in activities for the kids. No plays,concerts,or fundraisers done by the kids. We came from a school that had art shows,christmas plays and concerts,even field day is scheduled for only a couple of hours. The lack of "fun" this school displays was a big disappointment,considering how beautiful and equipped it is.

Unfriendly school, nasty principal. My child is very unhappy in this school and I will be sending them to a private school.

We moved to Jackson 3 years ago, and Elms Elem. School was everything we had hoped. My son transitioned very well. The current principal does make himself available to all parents. I asked for an opportunity to speak to him personally and he was more than happy to hear my concern, and he addressed the issue well. The school itself is beautiful and well equipped.

Not a school I recommend. my daughter encountered her first bigotry here. it was blatant and ugly. The vice principle handled it well. Never heard from principle. Curriculum is good. Teachers on average inexperienced. My kids do not care for the school. It has room for improvement and in time could possibly be a true great school. But not currently.

Last modified Elms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.