Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Terrible school. I have a child in kindergarten and I have watched her deal with a bully since the first week of school and even after being pushed down hitting her head on a wall hard enough to be sent to the nurses office for quite some time and having ice packs on it for a while I was never notified ONCE by the teacher, nurse, principals... ANYONE. Like I understand a child stubbing their toe but a incident like this where another child pushed my child into a wall and my child being hurt.... There's been SO many incidents with the same child. No matter how many times I showed my face in the school after meetings and even contacting the superintend ... Nothing was done, I just couldn't believe it. My child was not the only one being bullied so it's SHOCKING to me to see the bully just stay in the class. Then they turn the tables 3 weeks after I had already been there with the complaints and attacked my family. This school every single person in it is beyond sneaky!!! It's heart breaking to know how shady this school is and how they just get away with it. I'm getting the state involved, I know I can find a way to prove my point with this school.

New to Elms this year,with 2 children. Bad experience with one of the teachers from the start. Also this school is lacking in activities for the kids. No plays,concerts,or fundraisers done by the kids. We came from a school that had art shows,christmas plays and concerts,even field day is scheduled for only a couple of hours. The lack of "fun" this school displays was a big disappointment,considering how beautiful and equipped it is.

Unfriendly school, nasty principal. My child is very unhappy in this school and I will be sending them to a private school.

We moved to Jackson 3 years ago, and Elms Elem. School was everything we had hoped. My son transitioned very well. The current principal does make himself available to all parents. I asked for an opportunity to speak to him personally and he was more than happy to hear my concern, and he addressed the issue well. The school itself is beautiful and well equipped.

Not a school I recommend. my daughter encountered her first bigotry here. it was blatant and ugly. The vice principle handled it well. Never heard from principle. Curriculum is good. Teachers on average inexperienced. My kids do not care for the school. It has room for improvement and in time could possibly be a true great school. But not currently.

We love Elms Elementary! My oldest child attended kindergarten the year Elms opened, and continued through 5th grade. I currently have 2 other children attending Elms. I've read some bad reviews of the school and have to disagree. We've been involved for 8 years and think the principal, guidance and faculty do a great job in communication with parents and resolving problems that may come up during year such as bullying. Very happy with school.

Unfortunately I cannot give this school a good rating. My child has attended this school since 1st Grade. The first three years were wonderful and we were quite impressed. The 4th and 5th grades have been horrible. From having to deal with a type of bullying mentality from some teachers to a lack of activities in this school - it fails on all levels. My husband and I have to deal with a child who made straight A's and loved school to a child who no longer wishes to go to school because of her teachers. Next year we will have our child homeschooled because of the experience with the teachers at Elms Elementary. I was warned about one of the teachers being "moody" but I did not want another parent to influence me. Well, they were correct - my daughter's teacher IS moody and is inappropriate with some of their "philosphies" regarding life. What is upsetting is that this teacher is influencing the way my child thinks. If it were not so close to the end of the school year, I would pull my child from this school.

The education has deteriorated since 2004. Mr. Baginski walks with his hands in his pockets, head down, hides in the corner at school functions, rarely talks to parents, and rarely displays any passion or enthusiasm. The teachers that my children have, rarely give out homework. There's no reinforcement of learning. Only a small ratio of teachers have over 5 yrs of professional education exp. A cost saving tactic to hire young teachers with no real professional experience and a young principal running the school. One teacher even goes to the extent of giving no homework if a football team wins. Forget about football and focus on having them excel in their studies. Credit to a small group of teachers and guidance counselor that really do care for the well being of the kids. They work tirelessly to see them succeed. Hats off to them for doing an exemplary job. I only wish the new teachers and Mr Baginski can learn from the experts on what true education is. Unfortunately, my children will have the effects of their botched learning as they mature.

Great teachers! Lots of fun activities always going on!

Last modified Elms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.