K-5 & Ungraded
Jackson, NJ

Lucy N Holman Elementary School 4

Posted July 07, 2013
My daughter has attended this school since K. She is now going to 2nd grade. Since the change in principle after K we have seen a dramatic improvement in the culture of the school. I never felt that the school was sub par. I just never felt there was anyone in the administration pushing for change. I spoke to the previous principle about my daughter and asked why she was not being challenged. She told me some children don't want to be challenged. To her I responded that children don't get to make that decision. Parents and educators do. I think Jackson is great place to raise a family and educate your child. Don't tell anyone since I like that we are off the radar and not becoming a Toms River or Brick school system. My daughters teachers are very smart YOUNG bright educators. I hope they are not ruined by the NJEA. I hope they are rewarded for their hard work. Lucy Holman is a solid school with much more to achieve for my children. Note: Lets push for all day K. This half day thing is not enough classroom instrumtion. It is also cheaper to pay for a private full day K than half day K and half day aftercare. Plus they learn so much more.

Lucy N Holman Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2012
Lets update reviews since there has not been a new review in several years. My daughter just finished Kindergarten. She will be attending first grade. First the school. There are some trailers but all in all the facility is adequate. The teachers are very intelligent and helpful. No issues there. My daughters teacher was adequate not exemplary. My issue is the half day system. If there is room to offer after care for the same students then make the class all day. The curriculum was not challenging. The instruction was the same thing she had in Pre K. I understand why the US lags behind in math and science. There was hardly any instruction in this area. Almost all parents had their kids in Pre K so there is no need to repeat the same lessons. This is not a problem of the school, however the district and state needs to increase the level of instruction. I suggest putting your K student in a private school for this year. The cost is almost the same for all day K compared to Holman aftercare cost. I will post more about first grade when I have more to report. Remember parents we pay for these schools so we have every right to request accountability and expect excellence.

Posted April 28, 2010
excellant staff problems are addressed quickly

Posted April 26, 2010
Holman is a wonderful school. The teachers are caring and fun!

Posted December 02, 2008
This is an excellent school related to dedicated teachers who find creative and individualized ways to advance each child to their maximum potential.

Posted June 10, 2008
I am a Proud Parent of 3 children that are attending the Lucy Holman Elementary School!! Academically, my childeren are flourishing...Socially, my children and well rounded....And most importantly my children feel safe and happy at Holman!! Great Staff, Great Community and Amazing leadership by our new Principal Mrs. Licitra!!

Lucy N Holman Elementary School 4

Posted January 22, 2008

Lucy N Holman Elementary School 5

Posted December 14, 2007

Lucy N Holman Elementary School 5

Posted November 02, 2007

Lucy N Holman Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2007
Very disappointed with this school, it has no tech advances and is very much behind in academic programs for kids. Parents are forced to seek outside help to get their kids where they need to be academically. Not a school of choice.

Lucy N Holman Elementary School
125 Manhattan Street, Jackson, NJ  08527
Last modified Lucy N Holman Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lucy N Holman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top