Bad
Good

As a student of Goetz myself, I honestly believe that the social and educational atmosphere of Goetz is not great. Firstly, teachers and guidance counselors are deliberately oblivious to the discrimination and bullying that takes place among the student body. When a student needs help as a victim of bullying, there is usually little or no positive result in the situation. Some adult figures do not treat the students with the respect they deserve to make their schooling experience one they want to remember. Many students are discriminated by their peers, just because of their race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation. It is wrong that this happens, and nothing is done.

Where do I even begin with this school. Considering I know a lot about this school as I went through all 3 painful, bitter, unpleasant and distressing years here. Let me just throw it out there that this school ruined my life. Absolutely ruined it. I was bullied the second I walked into the school back in 2011 until I walked out in 2014. But that's not all folks, the teachers... just as bad. They practically laugh and cackle at their students with their other teacher friends.. I call an unprofessional on that one. This school made me have problems with myself that will last for the rest of my life. DO NOT SEND ANYBODY TO THIS SCHOOL, unless all you want for them is pain and suffering just like I did. All my sufferings were never handled properly and just got worse as each year went on. I reported the problems and nothing was done except a warning to the bully, and me feeling the backlash of him/her telling their friends which made everything worse, because they began to bully me for writing up their "friend". Worst 3 years of my life and I will never be able to get them back. Thank You Very Much Goetz Middle School, for the worst experience that I've gone through in my life!!

Do NOT allow your child attend this school. This school does not have a handle on bullying. Nepotism is alive and well here with preferential treatment towards the kids who have parents working at the school. Wish I could go back and have my child attend a different school. If I could rate 0 stars, I would. Principal is MIA.

My youngest son is starting 7th grade this year at Goetz. He has broken his leg and is in a wheelchair. Self operated wheelchairs are not allowed in school so Goetz guidance department is arranging for a teacher free of charge for home schooling until he is able to return to regular school. Everyone's attention to my son's predicament is very much appreciated! Thank you!

I attended Goetz for my 3 years of middle school and I am going to JMHS in the fall, the teachers are AMAZING but I think the school could use some updating. and at the end of my eighth grade year I figure out that there is honors classes and I was a little disappointed:( but I am taking 3 honors classes in the fall at JMHS, this is a great school and it really cares about its students.

Upon moving into the district, I had a very bad experience with my first daughter. That ALL changed with my second daughter, however! She received constant support from her teachers who have always gone an extra mile for her. She had an exquisite support system, academic experience and blossomed beautifully at this school. Without an engaged staff this would not have happened. I would name teachers but honestly, there were so many good teachers that I am certain I would miss someone. Even though I was the first class to ever attend this school when it was "open" and the walls have been added since and make it "dungeon like" in my opinion, what happens in many of these classrooms more than makes up for the environment. My daughter just graduated 8th grade and I cannot thank the staff enough for taking care of my "DD" for the last 3 years!~

The best in the country.Every state should have a school this good. Keep up the great work,and may God bless each and everyone of you.

teachers are overworked and take toooo long to answer emails...they say because they are overworked. I have a smart boy who is falling through the cracks, Being bullied for 7 months and now we find out..

I have a son who graduated, class2010 and two daughters who are currently attending Goetz Middle School in Jackson, NJ. This school has a great academic curriculum and the parent involvemnt is amazing.

I just ended my 8th grade year. Which means i'm going off to JMHS and i am hoping that my experience will be nothing like at Goetz. 1st of all half of the staff don't deserve to be there. everything is wrong with it. it was the worst experience of my life i absolutely hated this school and do not recommend it.

Last modified Carl W Goetz Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.