6-8 & Ungraded
Jackson, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,280

Posted September 03, 2014
Where do I even begin with this school. Considering I know a lot about this school as I went through all 3 painful, bitter, unpleasant and distressing years here. Let me just throw it out there that this school ruined my life. Absolutely ruined it. I was bullied the second I walked into the school back in 2011 until I walked out in 2014. But that's not all folks, the teachers... just as bad. They practically laugh and cackle at their students with their other teacher friends.. I call an unprofessional on that one. This school made me have problems with myself that will last for the rest of my life. DO NOT SEND ANYBODY TO THIS SCHOOL, unless all you want for them is pain and suffering just like I did. All my sufferings were never handled properly and just got worse as each year went on. I reported the problems and nothing was done except a warning to the bully, and me feeling the backlash of him/her telling their friends which made everything worse, because they began to bully me for writing up their "friend". Worst 3 years of my life and I will never be able to get them back. Thank You Very Much Goetz Middle School, for the worst experience that I've gone through in my life!!

Posted April 07, 2014
Do NOT allow your child attend this school. This school does not have a handle on bullying. Nepotism is alive and well here with preferential treatment towards the kids who have parents working at the school. Wish I could go back and have my child attend a different school. If I could rate 0 stars, I would. Principal is MIA.

Posted September 10, 2013
My youngest son is starting 7th grade this year at Goetz. He has broken his leg and is in a wheelchair. Self operated wheelchairs are not allowed in school so Goetz guidance department is arranging for a teacher free of charge for home schooling until he is able to return to regular school. Everyone's attention to my son's predicament is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Carl W Goetz Middle School 4

Posted July 27, 2013
I attended Goetz for my 3 years of middle school and I am going to JMHS in the fall, the teachers are AMAZING but I think the school could use some updating. and at the end of my eighth grade year I figure out that there is honors classes and I was a little disappointed:( but I am taking 3 honors classes in the fall at JMHS, this is a great school and it really cares about its students.

Posted June 24, 2013
Upon moving into the district, I had a very bad experience with my first daughter. That ALL changed with my second daughter, however! She received constant support from her teachers who have always gone an extra mile for her. She had an exquisite support system, academic experience and blossomed beautifully at this school. Without an engaged staff this would not have happened. I would name teachers but honestly, there were so many good teachers that I am certain I would miss someone. Even though I was the first class to ever attend this school when it was "open" and the walls have been added since and make it "dungeon like" in my opinion, what happens in many of these classrooms more than makes up for the environment. My daughter just graduated 8th grade and I cannot thank the staff enough for taking care of my "DD" for the last 3 years!~

Posted June 04, 2013
The best in the country.Every state should have a school this good. Keep up the great work,and may God bless each and everyone of you.

Posted June 05, 2011
teachers are overworked and take toooo long to answer emails...they say because they are overworked. I have a smart boy who is falling through the cracks, Being bullied for 7 months and now we find out..

Posted July 06, 2009
I just ended my 8th grade year. Which means i'm going off to JMHS and i am hoping that my experience will be nothing like at Goetz. 1st of all half of the staff don't deserve to be there. everything is wrong with it. it was the worst experience of my life i absolutely hated this school and do not recommend it.

Carl W Goetz Middle School 0

Posted June 23, 2009
I just ended my 6th Grade Year at Carl W. Goetz Middle School. School ends tomorrow and i'm going to miss the best teachers in the world. Ms. Walsh and Ms. Urban. I'm now going into 7th grade and i'm excited because they have an advanced class called pre-algebra. I got excepted. I'm amazingly excited for Goetz next year!

Posted June 03, 2009
We really work hard in this school and they teach us the responsibilities of being an adult! I love you goetz!

Carl W Goetz Middle School
835 Patterson Road, Jackson, NJ  08527
Last modified Carl W Goetz Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl W Goetz Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top