Our Lady of Czestochowa

Private | PK-8

Living in Jersey City

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $480,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,780.

Sweep tile

Posted yesterday

My kids have attended this school since pre k and now my older one is in grade 7. This school has very comfortable environment , my kids look forward to going to school everyday. It is like another home for them. Teachers pay attention to each student and contact you when they have a concern regarding child's progress and don't wait till the end of semester to discuss thei progress. The school has diverse population and over years , they have followed approach to celebrate festivals to match with diversity. Now, isn't that something. Somethings it could improve on is a playground for bigger kids and some clubs.

Posted February 26, 2014

This is an amazing environment! The families and staff work together! They are very creative and use many different approaches to education! I could not be happier!

Posted October 2, 2013

OLC is, hands down, the best school in this area. For what you pay, you get above average quality education. The principal and her team are very dedicated to the curriculum, which changes to fit the students' needs. Every child is challenged and the quality of teachers is second to none. OLC showed its fortitude during Hurricane Irene and Sandy, which left much damage in the school, especially the PreK 4 classroom. Thanks to the teachers, the students, who were displaced, still had an outstanding year in less than desirable conditions. The parents of OLC are knowledgeable and resourceful. You are not going to find a better group of intelligent yet down to earth parents. Overall, OLC is definitely more bang for your buck, as compared to some other overpriced private schools in the area. You need not be Catholic to attend OLC.

Posted September 23, 2013

This school is the Gem in Jersey City. The curriculum is on par and some aspects are above par, such as math, English and project base learning program. My son really loves his teachers and the principal is caring and authentic. They offer a diverse after school activities which enriches the overall school experience.

Posted September 10, 2013

Overall happy with the teachers and principal. Both the principal and the teachers welcome suggestions from parents. From Kindergarten students actually start learning and teacher involvement is high in terms of teaching.

Posted September 7, 2013

We're super happy with Little Harbor and OLC. The teachers are great, the principal is warm and friendly, and all the parents are friendly with each other and have formed a sense of community. We would have liked to see a better response to Hurricane Sandy and in general feel like they could do better operationally, but overall we're super happy and glad we started here four years ago before the wait list scene started

Posted September 6, 2013

This school is simply put fantastic. We have been with this school for the past 4 years and could not be happier. Our children are thriving. Some amazing and gifted teacher there. The principal is super involved and knows all kids names. Strong community feel and the parents are super involved.

Posted May 22, 2013

My children attend the pre-school program of Our Lady of Czestochowa (OLC) called Little Harbor Academy (LHA) and I can honestly say that I am very happy with this school. Not only is it affordable as compared to other schools around the area, LHA provides an outstanding curriculum that is montessori based but not as rigid. More importantly, my children always looks forward to going to school and comes home happy. The class size is small and the teacher is very attentive. It is the teachers that make a difference in this school and they are just wonderful. I find my children's teacher to be caring and my girls just love her. This is my children's first year in school and it has been a great experience.

Posted March 13, 2013

We have a son at a more advanced level for his grade and a daughter slightly below before going to OLC. We were quite impressed by the principal on how much she was involved in evaluating them along with other teachers and making arrangement for our kids' special needs. Over last couple years, we were happy with the curriculum and the teachers.

Posted January 5, 2012

Good School & teachers. Contraint is its facility. Playground etc. Due to this it probably lacks on the extra curricular front a good school should offer in higher grades. The current open space they have is also used for parking, so where would the kids play? I recommend them to look at the football field as options. Setup Table Tennis etc.

Posted October 11, 2011

My daughter is in PK-4 and has been thriving at OLC sicne Toddler 2s. So far, we've found the curriculum to be well-developed, the facilities clean and comforting, the faculty warm, competent and caring, and the principal is works tirelessly to keep up quality and parental involvement. Tuition is reasonable, relatively speaking. OLC's popularity seems to have grown in recent years (probably as a result of the current principal), it has encountered some minor growing pains, but the staff have put in great efforts to minimize these. On balance, I think enrollment growth will be a plus, as one of the critiques has been that the higher grade sizes were too small, thus making it a bit insular. Now it seems like there's great energy at this school. Bottom line, my daughter loves OLC - she asks to go back all summer long!

Posted October 10, 2011

Great School... Our boys love this school, the teachers are amazing, the principal is very hands on and always looking for ways to keep the school up to date. Brand new touch screen computers are perfect for the younger kids. Several after school activities. This is our thrid year with the school and we couldn't be any happier

Posted June 7, 2011

There are smartboards in both of my daughters' classrooms as there are smartboards in all of the rooms in grades 1through 8. My girls have been in the school for the past five years, and I am very pleased. The new principal has a background in good NJ public schools, and she strives to keep OLC as up-to-date and competitive as a good NJ suburban public school. We just got the standardized test results, and our kids our off the charts. Also, my husband and I feel very happy to send our kids to a place where the kids and families are very nice.

Posted April 5, 2011

great teachers, principal and a new curriculum with strong academic focus and programs. My wish list: Computers for every student Smartboards in classrooms expanded foreign language program

Posted November 12, 2010

Excellent School..New principal is awesome!!!. I recomment this school strongly. My daughter is attending this school from last 5 yrs and I am completely satisfied.

Posted September 23, 2009

The school is bit $$ but i think it's worth. this is the 2nd year for my daughter. she enjoys everyday; she tells me what they have done in school almost everyday. compare to a year ago there is huge difference; she just grown so much. there are some mixed reviews but as parents we have do our parts.

Posted January 15, 2009

This is a wonderful little school that nurtures the children and offers an excellent academic program as well as interesting enrichment programs. My grandaughter attends pre- k and amazes us with the knowledge learned and the enthusiasm she has for attending class each day. I recommend this school highly.

Posted January 3, 2009

My daughter goes to the 2 year old Montessori program. The teachers for this class are Miss Jolly, Miss Cathy and Miss Amy. I am giving it 4 stars only because my daughter is too young to give any feedback so this is simply my opinion. I have been VERY happy with the class. Art and music are taught regularly and I've seen my child learn in both these areas. Communications from the school is very good through very frequent letters that are sent back and one on one time as needed.

Posted December 13, 2008

My child stayed in OLC from K to 5. I should have pulled him out earlier since I feel that he lost very valuable time for 6 years in this school. For me it just a total waste of money sending a child to this school. Kids do not do anything even in higher grades. Teachers even give answers to tests before the actual test. So what's the use of testing the kids? I agree with everyone who says that this school is just for show. The principal is the most unapproachable principal of them all. She only cares about those who have money. If you 'look' not rich, she will not even say HI or smile at you. I am glad I pulled my son out of this school. Think about where you spend your money in this type of economy. OLC is not worth it.

Posted December 10, 2008

Our greatest mistake was to put our son in this scool and leave him in it for a few years thinking maybe it was the teacher , maybe its him, the school is useless for the children and for the parents, I have nothing good to say except MRs Hannah was a great teacher assisstant

Asian 38% 8%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Drama

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • AMS
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Access to sports fields
  • Art room
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Newark

• Drama

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

248 Luis Marin Blvd