Jersey City, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 12, 2014
My children have been at OLC for 5 years now. I am very pleased with their progress both academically and socially. OLC nurtures their students to be both inquisitive thinkers and givers to the community. The current principal is a strong asset to the school. She is a fine educator and knows how to choose well educated, proactive, skilled teachers. Over the years, OLC has grown, adding many after school activities such as theater, art, chess, engineering, Bricks for Kids, cooking, ballet/dance, piano/violin/guitar lessons, reading club, taekwondo, b-ball, and track. Parent involvement could be better, but overall, this is a great school if you are looking for value, and for your child to grow to become a productive individual. Their new playground should be finished soon.

Posted June 25, 2014
This private school is operated by a religious organization (church). It is moderately priced (not cheap) for a private school in an otherwise expensive area of Jersey City waterfront. The quality of teachers and staff is very good and we see that the school is doing a good job retaining their teachers. The school has an aftercare program that they can run better, but to their credit they have a few activities such as music, art, theater etc in the aftercare program. The enrollment of students in the higher grades (6th and above) is seen declining. This is perhaps due to their parents moving them to public school systems in different suburbs.

Posted April 21, 2014
After three years at this school. I have to say that this the best private school for your money in Jersey City. The teacher quality and curriculum has greatly improved. The principal is proactive and recognizes that each student is an individual. Paying for this school is worth it in comparison to the public school alternatives and the over priced"so called progressive alternatives" of Waterfront and Stevens . I am not just biased as my both my children attend. Every year I have debated to take my children out and save the money and enroll in our local PS/ However, after surveying all the local schools in the city, I am very lucky that my children have gotten in. Many mothers will down play OLC, because deep down they are upset that they can not get in and have to opt for the more expensive alternatives.

Posted April 17, 2014
My kids have attended this school since pre k and now my older one is in grade 7. This school has very comfortable environment , my kids look forward to going to school everyday. It is like another home for them. Teachers pay attention to each student and contact you when they have a concern regarding child's progress and don't wait till the end of semester to discuss thei progress. The school has diverse population and over years , they have followed approach to celebrate festivals to match with diversity. Now, isn't that something. Somethings it could improve on is a playground for bigger kids and some clubs.

Posted February 26, 2014
This is an amazing environment! The families and staff work together! They are very creative and use many different approaches to education! I could not be happier!

Posted September 23, 2013
This school is the Gem in Jersey City. The curriculum is on par and some aspects are above par, such as math, English and project base learning program. My son really loves his teachers and the principal is caring and authentic. They offer a diverse after school activities which enriches the overall school experience.

Posted September 10, 2013
Overall happy with the teachers and principal. Both the principal and the teachers welcome suggestions from parents. From Kindergarten students actually start learning and teacher involvement is high in terms of teaching.

Posted September 07, 2013
We're super happy with Little Harbor and OLC. The teachers are great, the principal is warm and friendly, and all the parents are friendly with each other and have formed a sense of community. We would have liked to see a better response to Hurricane Sandy and in general feel like they could do better operationally, but overall we're super happy and glad we started here four years ago before the wait list scene started

Posted September 06, 2013
This school is simply put fantastic. We have been with this school for the past 4 years and could not be happier. Our children are thriving. Some amazing and gifted teacher there. The principal is super involved and knows all kids names. Strong community feel and the parents are super involved.

Posted May 22, 2013
My children attend the pre-school program of Our Lady of Czestochowa (OLC) called Little Harbor Academy (LHA) and I can honestly say that I am very happy with this school. Not only is it affordable as compared to other schools around the area, LHA provides an outstanding curriculum that is montessori based but not as rigid. More importantly, my children always looks forward to going to school and comes home happy. The class size is small and the teacher is very attentive. It is the teachers that make a difference in this school and they are just wonderful. I find my children's teacher to be caring and my girls just love her. This is my children's first year in school and it has been a great experience.

Our Lady Of Czestochowa
248 Marin Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified Our Lady Of Czestochowa is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Czestochowa Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top