Jersey City, NJ

St Anthony High School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
St. Anthony's does deserve even one star. My son is now in his 2nd year as a sophomore there. The newest principal of the 2013/2014 school year is by far worse than the last. Most of the students at St. Anthony's are failing. There are a two stellar teachers, but the majority are substandard. The teachers to do not prepare lesson plans. They do not read the textbooks so they give handouts to the students every day. They do not check the homework and don't even know if it was returned or not. The principal & teachers don't respond to parental calls or emails regarding their child's progress. A students treatment is based on their athletic ability. My son has learned nothing this year. Many of the students receive tuition scholarships to attend St. Anthonys based on their athletic talents so the parents won't complain about the poor academics. The uniforms are advertised as Eddie Bauer but once you buy the first set it is almost impossible to get reorders. Our son has outgrown his uniforms & we have been unable to get replacements. We pay a full tuition and honestly this year was a total waste of money. This school should be closed at the end of the school year.
2 people found this helpful

St Anthony High School 2

Posted August 06, 2012
I just transferred out of this High School. This is one of the worst schools ever. I was in 10th grade and learning their, there, and they're... it's pathetic. Students do whatever they want, the only people cared about are the boys because of their sports. The male students are 100% disrespectful towards the girls and the girls are 100% disrespectful towards themselves. Everyone is a ghetto fabulous wanna be and the teachers can't teach for anything. Send your kids, somewhere else.

St Anthony High School

Posted June 13, 2008
I attended St. Anthony high school and I really thought it was a great exsperince for me,however the academics were not up to par with NC schools it was kind of behind times. I really felt that the teachers were supportive of the students,

St Anthony High School 1

Posted August 09, 2007
I am a graduate of St.Anthony High School.I am being completely honest when i say going to St.Anthony was one of the worse decisions i have ever made. St.Anthony calls it self a friar family when it is the just the opposite. Most of the administration don't care for the students. There are only a few good teachers who really educate the students. Other's are useless. The students run all over them and dont learn a thing. There is plenty of unfair treatment to students. It is very expensive. They have a 100% college acceptance rate.

St Anthony High School
175 8th Street, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified St Anthony High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Anthony High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top