Bad
Good

school has been closed for over 2 years. Remaining students were rolled into another charter operation - METS Charter School. Almost as bad. Same filthy building, poor management, punitive approaches and terrible student performance. Just pull the plug and let these kids go someplace where they can try and learn something.

Well first at all, my soon it's at LACS since 2009 first with Ms. Caldas next with Ms. Torres. Now with Ms. Karpman. He's already an independent reader and we love the school. Yes, parents involvement its below 0% but if the parents don't support their kids school and education our school will not survive. Then wake up parents. We (parents) have to be the anchor in our kids lives, educators are not parents, they do their job sharing their knowledge we our kids. Please get involve, don't ever think roles models begin at school, "role models begin at home" don't blame the school because they don't do miracles, educators trying to build future professionals, but without parents involvement its impossible.

Facts are facts. One of the lowest testing schools in the state. Decreasing enrollment year by year. The charter renewal in 2008 was for over 300 students, the current enrollment is far less than that. I agree that uniforms are pushed on the students as a priority, and many times students have been yelled at by the CEO for being "out of compliance". I've seen strict dress policies before, but the demeaning manor is insane. Speaking of, the claim to the CEO's fame is the smart boards in every class. Technology does not necessarily equal performance. Perhaps instilling a sense of morale in both the staff and the students would be a better choice. Maybe your good teachers would want to stay. Also, you are correct in that another emphasis is on testing. This is because the school is failing, as per the NJDOE website. It is up for a renewal next year, and combined with all the other issues, they would certainly be under the gun for increasing scores. They are at risk of having their charter not renewed, or even revoked. Of course they would pull out all the stops. The building is hot, dirty and dark... not a very good educational environment.

This school has all potential to be one of the best schools in the Jersey City area, but due to the lack of structure and parental involvement it will remain a less than average school. As a parent of a child that attended last school year I feel that the only thing emphasized was the appearance of the students and the NJ Ask test there is so much more to an education besides either of the two in which I rank uniforms to be the absolute last in a school where older children can be heard screaming profanities in the halls at any given moment. We will absolutely not be returning back.

My son goes to KG. Liberty Academy Charter Schoool is a very nice school . The teachers, staff, all are very friendly. I am glad that my son is doing well in his studies and it's all because of the teachers and great environment this school provides.

my two boys transferred here earlier this year and we trully love it. Class sizes are small tons of activities and top of the line educational equipment very hi tech..staff all made it there personal effort to get to know me and my children right away. My boyz fight with me in the evening when i come to pick them up that they dont want to leave.. Great sign.

My son attended Liberty Academy for the 2008-2009 school year.. The experience was quite pleasant. He was blessed with a extraordinary teacher, Ms. Aponte. Her passion for her profession and conern for the children's academia and well being was apparent. I believe that her ability to flex to different teaching technics, and her warm personality really benefited my child. He currently has a third grade reading level. Thanks be to Jesus and Liberty Academy.

My daughter started last year she's going on 1st grade this year, I love the school, and she had a wonderful teacher Ms Aponte, all of them were great to her Dr Villafane. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for a great job, I see a lot of progress with my daughter. I thank you all @ Liberty Academy.

My child just started kindergarten at this school. I was pleasantly surprised that the CEO and Principal both took time to speak to me directly about my concerns. It seems to be going in an excellent direction. The new principal appears to know what he is doing and is going to make sure our children learn. I like that the class sizes are small and that you get to know who is around you.

My son has attended this school in 4th and 5th grade and I must say that I don't like this school one bit.. he use to attend ps#3 downtown and i was tired of them and their bs so i moved him to this school and i think he might've been better off staying at #3.. It seems as though he's not learning what 5th graders should be learning.. He needs more of a challenge. I teach him other things and i buy him different activity books so that he can learn more.. I thought they were supposed to be more advanced and have a better curriculum but they don't..I definitely wouldn't recommend this school to anyone..

Last modified Liberty Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8