Bad
Good

Posted May 05, 2015
I am so glad that both of my grandchildren are attending Beloved. I am pleased with their no tolerance position and the schools ability to know when there is an issue with school curriculum . I am very happy that they took notice of the excessive testing and scaled the amount of test down. The staff and teachers are exceptional and they always take into account your concerns. Go Beloved!

Posted April 28, 2015
I have been to see most schools in jersey city and this is definitely one of the best. The sabis education system is well organized and continues to produce great results. Teachers are what makes a school though and we are very happy with what we have seen so far. After 1 year in the school, I'm still very impressed and my son loves it!

Beloved Community Charter School 1

Posted November 18, 2014
Caring Environment? Bawahaha ! PLEEEAASSE if snuddy teachers who give you evil looks when you enter the building, and have not a clue as to what urban education all about is what's considered caring them that's shame but then again were talking about Jersey (everyone's evil There) any who this school used it students as genie pigs last year to test out a new curriculum that did not work, furthermore most of the so called teachers treat the students more like prisoners than pupils ! ( PIPELINE TO PRISON) These people could care less about these inner city children and it's really heart breaking.

Posted November 03, 2014
My son has been in this school since it opened. The best decision my husband and I ever made for him. He has excelled to the point that he is on honor roll and has truely matured. The value of having a foundation to education and the teaching of having integrity and character is amazing. This schoolis a true blessing for my son and my daughter will also be coming here in 2 years.

Posted September 30, 2014
I could not be happier that my daughter is in BelovED. So grateful to have found this school that we'll be staying in Jersey City.

Posted September 19, 2014
This school is awesome my daughter is in grade 1 now,she started in kindergarten.They keep the children so academically involved and make sure the kids learn and understand.The teachers are great and the staff is wonderful.I have never had a complaint about this school..Most importantly my daughter loves it and is excited about how much more she knows than her peers going to other schools

Posted July 02, 2014
I agree that BCCS is a great school. My daughter started as a kindergarten last year and I was so amazed that at the middle of that school year she was able to read fairy tale books without any assistance. What amazed me is that as a single working mom, I really don't have time to teach her more often . I was so grateful to the school though my only problem this year is that the homework is too much for me as I don't have enough time to help my kid. Anyhow, I still would consider the school to get a five star rating.

Posted June 17, 2014
Another great year for BelovED CCS. We all want the best for our children. A good education can give our students a bright future. We are really fortunate to have our children in BelovED and will continue to support the teachers/staff and Parent Teacher Organization. Like the other parents who commented previously, we also request the school to reconsider their homework policy. We also hope that the students will engage in more physical fitness and team sports activities. They should also have more free time sans homework afterschool to bond with their family after a long day at school. And have more time recreating and engaging with their hobbies, reading their favorite books and writing at their leisure. These extracurricular activities will enhance and strengthen: their family and communal bonds, their health and physique, their creativity and identity. We also hope that as BelovED strives to give all its scholars equitable education, it should also be noted that scholars who are doing above and beyond their academic levels should be given the challenge and attention they deserve and not be relegated aside as more attention is given to scholars who are falling behind.

Posted June 11, 2014
I agree with the posts below - tones of homework after a long day (more than 8 hours) kills everything else - bonding time with family members, family dinners, and most importantly - after school activities. Kids, who are willing to commit themselves to sport or art, simply don't have time to do what they love due to load of homework. We love enthusiastic teachers, responsible administration that operates with high standards, caring atmosphere at school, but are overwhelmed with homework and tests. Students are doing very well at Beloved and I would love school administration to believe that they will do much better without testing in each given subject once a month and a homework that takes 1 to 2 hours a day. We have to give the kids time to play favorite sports, or be imaginative and improvise, as we all know, sometimes imagination is more important than knowledge.

Posted June 11, 2014
Yes, NO more HOMEWORK after a long day in school. BelovED CCS provides our children with a good education with it's dedicated and passionate teachers and staff along with the team of active Parent Teacher Organization. Let us give our children more time to relax at home and bond with their family and friends. More time to read books and more time to write on their personal journals. Next school year, give this a try for one to two months, then assess the children's school performance and grades. Maybe only some will need homework but not all.

Beloved Community Charter School
508 Grand Street, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified Beloved Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5