Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

Some teachers have favorites in the school. A few have favorites who are actually smart. Though, some have favorites who they just like and even let them break the rules.

Academy #1 is regarded as a very good middle school. Though, I believe it's popular because it's really the only good one in Jersey City. I do agree it's a good school, but not as good as what you might think. When I got accepted, I felt very excited due to the fame surrounding the school. When I got in I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. The teachers are pretty good and it felt nice to see some smart people giving me some competition. Though, it's a pretty poor school which lacks us sufficient privilege to technology, field trips, and proper food. Also, bullying, especially making fun of, is somewhat frequent in the school. Though, students never tell anyone through fear being called a snitch. The environment around the school is dangerous, but the school does a good job keeping the students safe. The workload is usually moderate, but can be a really large amount sometimes. A lot of students are lazy and some hesitate too much in class to do work. I understand that's personal choice, but come on, it's Academy #1. Cheating is frequent in this school, which negatively influences many other students. The teachers are pretty good, but they are all pretty different. Some are really hard, a couple can be way too easy, and some are in the middle. Some teachers curse and are way too much involved with the students in social life, which ruins the teacher-student relationship. There are many extracurricular activities, but some are poorly run. By the way, the food is horrible so your going to want to bring it from home. Academy #1 is only good for the academics, but rest of the factors actually kind of negatively affect the academics, making it an average school. Though, I'm only recommending it because of it's the best one in Jersey City. But, if you're in a pretty good school, there's not really any big reason to go to Academy #1. Though, it comes in pretty hand when it comes to getting into a good high school. I'm graduating in a few weeks, leaving to County Prep and I didn't have any special memories from the school. Overall, I had an average school experience at Academy #1.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

All the teachers do their best when it comes too teaching, but a couple are way too easy.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It's pretty moderate, but it kind of depends on the teacher. It could be a lot sometimes.

This School is unbeatible and it also is the best school ever. Not beatible .

It's a really great school. Even though you need an application and take a test to get in, it's worth it. I currently go there and am I trying to get into McNair. The staff is very nice and give free newspapers to the staff and students! The Bridges program is for kids who have been left back more than once. Don't t even worry. Most are friendly and some are friends of mine, no that close tho. I met most of my close friends here and plan to go to high school with them. Going to A1 increases your chances into getting in a great high school like High Tech, County Prep, or McNair.

I graduated from a1 in njhs and i now go to mcnair, so i can say with absolute confidence, A1 is really easy, almost no homework, this is Nelson Castro. Mad_clutch is my username for kik.

my school is very hard and many students don't get any honors. Last year only three people in my class got first honors and 5 people got 2nd. the other 23 students got no honors. Many of the students use bad language and talk really dirty, they sometimes even bully you. The teachers are fun and boring...depends on who u have. So good luck If you are going to academy 1!

As a parent of a former AEP student (graduate June 26, 2014), this is the best school you can send your son/daughter to in Jersey City. The teachers are great, the guidance counselors are fantastic and the Principal Awesome!! The work load is challenging, and there is some pressure to succeed, but it pays off in the end. Parents need to be supportive of their son/daughter while attending this school. Give them reassuring words of encouragement and tell them how proud you are of them for making it as far as they have. Become involve in PTA activities. Students must have other activities besides academics to balance all the hard work they put in; it is essential to them becoming well rounded. After all of the hard work my daughter put in for the last 3 years, she was accepted to 2 of the 4 top high schools in Jersey City. My husband and I could not be more proud of her. CWJ parent of HCJ

The Worst School ive ever been to. Do not go here. I was a former student here and i transferred in March. I can not believe the neibourhood. Every morning i was scared walking here. It was horrific, all the people i would see. The kids here would rat you out in seconds. The teachers would curse often. And the things the kids would put in my head... Making me believe i was something that i was not. Please dont go here. The kids are gossip crazy, even though some were so nice!!!! This is why i gave it 3 stars. And also, the work isnt bad either.

Last modified The Academy I Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8