6-8 & Ungraded
Jersey City, NJ

Posted December 10, 2014
It's a really great school. Even though you need an application and take a test to get in, it's worth it. I currently go there and am I trying to get into McNair. The staff is very nice and give free newspapers to the staff and students! The Bridges program is for kids who have been left back more than once. Don't t even worry. Most are friendly and some are friends of mine, no that close tho. I met most of my close friends here and plan to go to high school with them. Going to A1 increases your chances into getting in a great high school like High Tech, County Prep, or McNair.

Posted September 20, 2014
I graduated from a1 in njhs and i now go to mcnair, so i can say with absolute confidence, A1 is really easy, almost no homework, this is Nelson Castro. Mad_clutch is my username for kik.

Posted August 20, 2014
my school is very hard and many students don't get any honors. Last year only three people in my class got first honors and 5 people got 2nd. the other 23 students got no honors. Many of the students use bad language and talk really dirty, they sometimes even bully you. The teachers are fun and boring...depends on who u have. So good luck If you are going to academy 1!

Posted July 31, 2014
As a parent of a former AEP student (graduate June 26, 2014), this is the best school you can send your son/daughter to in Jersey City. The teachers are great, the guidance counselors are fantastic and the Principal Awesome!! The work load is challenging, and there is some pressure to succeed, but it pays off in the end. Parents need to be supportive of their son/daughter while attending this school. Give them reassuring words of encouragement and tell them how proud you are of them for making it as far as they have. Become involve in PTA activities. Students must have other activities besides academics to balance all the hard work they put in; it is essential to them becoming well rounded. After all of the hard work my daughter put in for the last 3 years, she was accepted to 2 of the 4 top high schools in Jersey City. My husband and I could not be more proud of her. CWJ parent of HCJ

The Academy I Middle School 3

Posted July 19, 2014
The Worst School ive ever been to. Do not go here. I was a former student here and i transferred in March. I can not believe the neibourhood. Every morning i was scared walking here. It was horrific, all the people i would see. The kids here would rat you out in seconds. The teachers would curse often. And the things the kids would put in my head... Making me believe i was something that i was not. Please dont go here. The kids are gossip crazy, even though some were so nice!!!! This is why i gave it 3 stars. And also, the work isnt bad either.

Posted May 24, 2014
I am going into this school for the 2014-2015 school year and since most of these(not all though) were good reviews I'm really happy to be going here. I almost can't wait. Although my school is a great school I am well above what they are asking for in the curriculum. If anyone could tell me whether or not there are uniforms( because in my old school there was) I hope not! Anyway I am giving A1 5 stars because of all the amazing reviews!

Posted February 12, 2014
I'm Going Into 6th grade and i'm really scared! should i go or not? after reading these reviews i felt better like another person who wrote a review and i know there were some bad reveiws but most of them were good! and now i'm trying to choose which school is better for me? its either my school or A1? And i am really confused

Posted October 21, 2013
I'm a student at Academy I in the Advanced Enrichment Program. At first I was scared that I would not be advanced enough, but now things are a blast.

Posted September 04, 2013
This school is absolutely the best! No other school can replace Academy I. It was such a honor for me to be taught in that school.

Posted August 26, 2013
Academy 1 is the best school in the jersey city school district. The three years I sent in Academy 1 were the best of my life. It might be a little challenging in the being of sixth grade to adjust but it becomes easier, trust me. It just needs a little time, effort and hard work to do well. I am extremely thankful that I was able to learn from amazing teachers like Mrs. Spitaletta, Mr. Monigle, Mr. Osenenko, Mr. Marto and Mr. Cestaro just to name a few. It might not be in a big extravagant building with the best technology in the world but the sense of family that is created is more important. Personally I felt like I grew up so much in those 3 years of my life than I have every done before. For all of those new comers and their parents, just make sure you do the work, put some effort into it , keep your parents involved because they help you on your journey and most of all enjoy it while it lasts because it goes in a second. Once I graduated and left for high school at McNair, it made me realize how much I loved Academy 1.

The Academy I Middle School