9-12 & Ungraded
Jersey City, NJ

Posted January 01, 2014
Went to ferris for 4 year, best school ever. I enjoyed this school however does have some problems with stuff and students but as of education very good.

James J. Ferris High School 4

Posted March 02, 2013
To the teacher that wrote this: "I am a teacher at this school and I can tell you for a fact it is a absolute dump. Ghetto kids who don't want to learn with a faculty that with a few exceptions can't teach. An absolute disgrace!" You are an absolute disgrace to our profession! You are probably one of those teachers you are talking about that can't teach...and you obviously don't care about our students. If you hate it so much, go find another job and leave the teaching to those of us who care!

James J. Ferris High School 2

Posted February 09, 2013
I'm a freshman in this school. I believe that the majority of the students are not interested in academics, and there are at least 1-2 fights a week. Most of them don't follow the rules, and some of them they barely have any respect for the teachers. Although I can't say everyone there is like that. (If that were to happen, it would be the worst school ever. Luckily it's not.) These students lack discipline. They think they can just do what they want and they are too relaxed. I'm surprised that recently most of the clubs no longer exist. Yes, they have some sports, but there should be more than that. I believe we need more school involvement. Some teachers need to actually teach us, and give us lessons thoroughly. There are at least some good teachers who actually care about our education and are eager to help.

Posted December 08, 2012
please DONT send ur kids to this school im a current freshman in this school and i am an immigrant so the difficulties i face are hard but i cope with it but please be careful before sending ur kids to this pathetic school with no academic quality

Posted September 04, 2012
Safety first! Please do not send your kids to this school. It is the worst school! Metal detectors, food fight, uninterested kids and teachers. The rate should be 1 out of 10.

James J. Ferris High School 3

Posted May 23, 2012
i am a student at James J Ferris High School. It is the worst school, teachers yell at the students and students mock at each other.

James J. Ferris High School 4

Posted August 15, 2011
I graduated from this school n it was the best in town, now i came back to the USA with my kids n people tell me is the worst school in the area, Is this true? a lot of fights and stuff, I don't know what to believe?

Posted June 20, 2010
If you are a studentwith disabilities, be prepafred to be shamed and blamed for everything that goes wrong in your class. If you are a teacher with a disabilitylike I am, be prepared to be ridiculed and verbalkly abused before being let gop because you had the temerity to get sick. This school is a walking disaster area.

Posted February 15, 2010

Posted February 13, 2010

James J. Ferris High School
35 Colgate St, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified James J. Ferris High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James J. Ferris High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top