Jersey City, NJ

Posted June 24, 2014
PS#3 is our school and we LOVE it. Diversity and positive educational mindsets are exemplified by the entire school. The facility is new and has great things to offer. New equipment/playground is being implemented and the Jersey City area really doesn't have another campus like it, lots of outdoor space and a wonderful, bright, airy building. The families who attend here CARE and are involved. We have had only great teachers. It must be said that the middle school kids are a bit daunting on the same campus during the drop-off/pick-up but they are not with the elementary kids during the day....and as for test scores? We have no issues with that because our kids are truly learning, excelling and are happy here. Highly recommend this school to any parents. In fact...PS#3 is becoming TOO popular... :)

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2014
With the addition of new principal Mischel, this school is on the way to feeling more like a school with rating of +7! The leadership due to Mischel has completely turned the school around in a positive way. He is actively involved in all aspects relating to the students, and seems to know them all by name! Our children are in the dual language program. The combination of both dedicated teachers and families committed in this program from preK to elementary have made our experience at this school amazing. Despite the low rating for this school, the experience we have had match that of a 9 rating. I am almost positive the test scores will dramatically increase over the course of the next few years as the new wave of students in preK make their way through elementary. We love it here and would never think of leaving!

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
I hear lots of good things about ps 3 and im looking for a good school to start my son in, he goin to kindergarden, do they take only kids in the district? What is the district range for this school? Please let me kno

Posted January 16, 2014
Worst school ever!!! I've been here since 1st grade,but since 3rd grade it got really low and my teacher is so serious about everything. We're doing work we're not supposed to doand losing our time. My class is the last to get dismissed out of school. And another teacher comes to our class to talk to my teacher and we waste a bunch of time.

Posted December 13, 2013
We have two children in PS #3. The new Principal is amazing, energetic and hands-on. Mr. Michelle is a great addition adding a high level of morale of both students and staff. The teachers are sincerely concerned and communication is primary. Their Security team is always on the floor, in the yard, and Mr. Freddy knows everyone by name. The atmosphere here is caring and nurturing. RESPECT IS EVIDENT! If you want to be involved and feel secure that your children are safe and learning, this is the school for you.

Posted December 02, 2013
P.S. 3 is wonderful. Our child is in the dual language program and we couldn't be happier. Ms. Thompson & Ms. Estrada take such great care of the Kindergartners. They are caring and smart professionals that really know how to teach. The PTA is amazing too, they have all these affordable after school programs that can't be beat.

Posted April 13, 2013
No. 3 School in Jersey City was poor. My child attended 1st grade and was in Ms. Mendez''s class. This teacher, similar to other teachers at the school, lacked teaching skills. She also did not know any behavioral mangement techniques for first graders. No effort was made in the slightest way to engage students. An extremely poor educational experience.

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2011
Beautiful facility, thats about it. My daughter's teacher was terrible. She let severa unruly students take over her classroom...she spent more time disciplining them than teaching. I feel as though it was a waste of a school year. When I met w. the principal to bring up these issues, my concerns were brushed to the side and never confronted even though I was assured something would be done. Needless to say, my child is no longer there.

Posted July 26, 2010
Horrible school. The teachers allow bullying to the point that children come home crying and are afraid to go to school because of the threats. I agree with the MR Ramirez complain, he is abusive. THe principal can't even speak english correctly! I couldn't understand what she was saying half the time and she NEVER sticks out for the good kids, but tries to protect the teachers that do not help the victims of bullying. Poor leadership, and neglect is what I encountered in this school.

Posted June 18, 2010
Horrible experience. Mr Ramirez lets the bad kids bully the good children because he is scared of the ghetto parents and their offspring. My kids will be going back to private school next year. WE have a case with the NJBOE because of the way my daughter was harassed by this man. Other parents have taken part of the case also because children should not be bullied in school and then on top of that verbally and mentally abused by teachers who only care about a paycheck.

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School
111 Bright Street, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top