Bad
Good

Posted November 03, 2015
The teachers are lead by an awesome Principal. He is full of excitement, love and concern for all students. When the children feel safe and supported, learning can happen. Teachers are engaged and great role models. I do agree with sharing the outside are with PS#4. I wish the administration of # 4 took better care of the children outside. They need supervision. Keep up the good work Mr. Mischel and staff.

Posted September 28, 2015
Great environment, awesome teachers.. My girls are trilled and excited to go to school each day... Energetic principal, friendly and approchable

Posted March 18, 2015
PS#3 has become the Jewel of downtown Jersey City. Not everyone thinks its perfect - but it is pretty close! If you want diversity and community, this is your school. PS#3 has the best Principal who inspires the staff and students - they LOVE Mr. Mischel and they are eager to please him. Its a beautiful bright campus where kids can PLAY OUTSIDE....go figure. And its a very well rounded, parent involved school with great teachers. My children's class photos look like a UN meeting - the reality of the multicultural habitat we call Jersey City. The ONE problem is the campus is shared with MS#4. The Middle School kids litter, curse openly, lack common courtesy manners...I have seen fights in the streets nearby and they sit on parked cars. They mow through little kids while playing games/sports on the shared campus. They have an AP program but bullying is notorious there. They have a bullying 'squad' to fight the issue, its that bad. I hope the MS4 leadership staff steps it up, for all of us: the elementary AND middle school kids/parents/staff. :[ Otherwise PS#3 is an excellent public school. The PS#3 kids may SAVE MS#4 one day.....

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2014
With the addition of new principal Mischel, this school is on the way to feeling more like a school with rating of +7! The leadership due to Mischel has completely turned the school around in a positive way. He is actively involved in all aspects relating to the students, and seems to know them all by name! Our children are in the dual language program. The combination of both dedicated teachers and families committed in this program from preK to elementary have made our experience at this school amazing. Despite the low rating for this school, the experience we have had match that of a 9 rating. I am almost positive the test scores will dramatically increase over the course of the next few years as the new wave of students in preK make their way through elementary. We love it here and would never think of leaving!

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2014
I hear lots of good things about ps 3 and im looking for a good school to start my son in, he goin to kindergarden, do they take only kids in the district? What is the district range for this school? Please let me kno

Posted January 16, 2014
Worst school ever!!! I've been here since 1st grade,but since 3rd grade it got really low and my teacher is so serious about everything. We're doing work we're not supposed to doand losing our time. My class is the last to get dismissed out of school. And another teacher comes to our class to talk to my teacher and we waste a bunch of time.

Posted December 02, 2013
P.S. 3 is wonderful. Our child is in the dual language program and we couldn't be happier. Ms. Thompson & Ms. Estrada take such great care of the Kindergartners. They are caring and smart professionals that really know how to teach. The PTA is amazing too, they have all these affordable after school programs that can't be beat.

Posted April 13, 2013
No. 3 School in Jersey City was poor. My child attended 1st grade and was in Ms. Mendez''s class. This teacher, similar to other teachers at the school, lacked teaching skills. She also did not know any behavioral mangement techniques for first graders. No effort was made in the slightest way to engage students. An extremely poor educational experience.

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School 2

Posted February 16, 2011
Beautiful facility, thats about it. My daughter's teacher was terrible. She let severa unruly students take over her classroom...she spent more time disciplining them than teaching. I feel as though it was a waste of a school year. When I met w. the principal to bring up these issues, my concerns were brushed to the side and never confronted even though I was assured something would be done. Needless to say, my child is no longer there.

Posted July 26, 2010
Horrible school. The teachers allow bullying to the point that children come home crying and are afraid to go to school because of the threats. I agree with the MR Ramirez complain, he is abusive. THe principal can't even speak english correctly! I couldn't understand what she was saying half the time and she NEVER sticks out for the good kids, but tries to protect the teachers that do not help the victims of bullying. Poor leadership, and neglect is what I encountered in this school.

Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School
111 Bright Street, Jersey City, NJ  07302
Last modified Frank R. Conwell No. 3 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.