Bad
Good

Posted May 15, 2015
I like this school a little bit, but I heard that this school is a failing school and tbh, I love my teachers and friends here in Jersey City. I'm in Ms. Dimarco's 7th grade class. #313 SQUADD!

Posted October 22, 2014
It's okay I guess but ps 12 is better and I like ps 12 because it was fun and the teachers thought us and asked us if we still need help

Posted March 17, 2011
This school is very awesome because i go to this school and i don't have a problem with anyone. The teachers are there to accompany you all the time which is good. The principal always make sure that the teachers treat us correctly. Our programs are very fun and there are exciting events still to come up. So give this school a chance and you'll love it. So take your time and don't rush.

Julia A. Barnes No. 12 Elementary School

Posted July 11, 2007
From one parent to another.....please please do not send you children to this school. My son has dyslexia and has a hard time reading. This school has not helped him one bit. I brought in the report from his Doctor stating my son's reading disability and what he needs from the school to get him reading like he should, and the teachers has not obeyed the doctor's orders. The child study team is a joke. The teachers don't even go by what the child study team report says. Children in this school are getting left back more than once. I am trying my hardest to buy a house and get my precious kids out of here. My son got beat up several times from other kids. The board of education states that I can not put him in another school because this school is in our district.

Julia A. Barnes No. 12 Elementary School 1

Posted January 09, 2005
i have two children in this school....i have had problems from the start...i've been trying to get my oldest daughter tested by the child study team for a while now...she is two grades behind...but to them thats ok.....this school is failing our precious children....what chance will they have with out an education?.....there are some very good caring teachers that want our children to succeed...then there are those that just want a pay check.... in my opinion,,,,this is not a good school... from a very concerned parent!

Julia A. Barnes No. 12 Elementary School
91 Astor Place, Jersey City, NJ  07304
Last modified Julia A. Barnes No. 12 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.