Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son spent almost a year at PS#22 and it was the worst experience. Us parents call it the garbage of Jersey City, if there isn't room anywhere else your child will be se t there. If that's your case, RUN! The head of school doesn't care much about anything and it shows. Most teachers don't know how to address the children without yelling and with respect. I'm so happy we're out of there! What a dump.

As a parent, I felt that a few of the staff treated the students unfairly and they played favorites when it came to students. Also I felt that some of the staff was unprofessional in working with parents as well as their colleagues. I would not recommend this school to any parent.

My twin daughters got admission at the middle year and they were bussed from Ps 16 to Ps 22. I was worried about the school but the school was good with good teachers in pre k3. My daughters love to go to school.

Ps 22 always had a bad review. When i first learned ( pre k) my daughter was routed to ps 22 from ps3 I cried .....the board of ed said no exceptions....as a working parent i hardly visited ps 22 i only did one day a week and as time pass by i realized the school is not bad is some parents and i learned is not the school you attented is what you get out of it. My daughter was in 22 from prek till 5 th grade. No regrets. An honor student. All her teachers were great. A lesson learned.

My 4 year old son is being bussed to PS 22 from Ps 11, and my son loves being in PS 22. His teachers Mrs. Minervini and Mr. Lemise are the best teachers. They are so sof spoken and very approachable and they make the students very comfortable. My son enjoys every minute in this school and he adores Mrs. Minervini. This is the best thing that happened to him,though I was a little worried about sending him by bus as this is his very first time. But now he has a truly wonderful experience and his teachers are THE BEST. Thank you teachers for taking such good care of the kids and for teaching them all the good values.Truly a wonderful experience for my son.

Our daughter was bussed to PS22 from PS16 for her Pre-K3 year. Initially we were wary of the school due to the reviews online, but we found a few parents from previous PreK3 students and they were happy with the school so proceeded. Our daughter had a great year, she really liked her teachers & made some good friends. There were some interesting field trips too. All the staff we met were friendly and dedicated. We met most of the parents at a few events (and bus stop) but would have to say we didn't hear from the PTA at all. Most of the other children were very nice but there were some disruptive kids around. Originally we did hope to go to PS3 for the year with its new buildings, but we probably prefer ps22 now. There is a nice large park next to the school where the class went to play every nice day. PS3 also has portable rooms out the back which you dont see at first glance. So PS22 isn't the world's best school, but for Pre-K at least, dont write it off, we were very happy how our daughter enjoyed it..

PS 22 is ran very poorly. There is no supervision for the staff as well as the children. A lot of the staff members should not be working with children. The children need adults to look up to, admire & learn from. That example is not given at 22. There are a few exceptions like Ms. Kirby. Most of the others are just getting by as they please including administrators. I don't understand why more parents are not complaining about this poor excuse of a school.

Very dissapointing year. The academic program is very unchallenging, The teacher seemed annoyed with the kids and seemed unmotivated. This was a wasted year for our child.

I agree with another parent, my child too was in Miss Trovados class. I am amazed how much my son learned in just a few short months. My only issue now is that, he seems to be more advanced then others in his grade, and the teacher isnt quite sure how to handle that. The arrival and dismissal plan has a few glitches which need to be worked out, however i think that if us parents voice our opinion, we will be heard.

This school really needs an administrative overhaul. The children have gym only once a week their nutrition meal plan is sub par. There isn't a strong PTA nor is their a push for parent involvement by administration. I wouldn't send my enemies child to this school/

Last modified Number 22 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.