Posted September 27, 2014
This school is a great school my two daughters have been in the school since kindergarten, my daughters are now in 4th grade, teachers are pleasant and communicate with the parents very well.

Alfred E. Zampella No. 27 Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2014
My son escaped from his classroom without teachers or anyone knowing I ask for incident report no they said, they covering themselves school are not for the children they are for themselves...I'm concerned about my son safety

Posted September 16, 2014
My grandchildren attend this school and have been here since 2010. The best administrative staff I've ever seen in any public school. Dr. Galano is an exceptional Principal and the teachers my boys have had over the past four years are caring and mindful of every student's home situations. We were homeless when my boys first started here and the teachers provided all sorts of items to make their stay at the motel bearable. In my opinion, this is the BEST school in Jersey City.

Posted August 21, 2014
I am currently heading to 8th grade and so far, I have to honestly say this school is fantastic!! I've been in this school since I was in kindergarten and it saddens me that I only have one year left in this school. But I will always cherish the great memories I have from this school. I'd like to thank all my teachers and friends for pushing me towards my goals. Without them I would've never gotten to where I am. Before I didn't care about my grades, but now I am a straight A student and am a member of the National Junior Honor Society. I am amazed by all the things I have accomplished in the school. But my accomplishments were all thanks to my awesome teachers and rad friends. The bonds I have made throughout the years will be forever lasting. I love 27!!! GO PATRIOTS!!!

Posted May 06, 2014
I graduated this school in 2013 and feel that it has helped me along the way to grow with maturity, and learning. In high school, I know some more things then most kids because of this school. For instance, I took algebra and now I'm taking Geometry. I know in ither schools teachers teach algebra, but aren't considered professional. There is also variety for sports, music, arts, and so much more. Like any school, it could use some improvements but the teachers are always there to help. Also, people with disabilities have enjoyed going there such as ASL kids and etc. Even people who have come from other countries have enjoyed this school. The neighborhood isn't like Academy 1 which has a police behind the school because of so much crime. People believe this school is bad, but teachers offer so much more. The students are the ones who decide what their future will bring them.

Posted July 17, 2013
This school is one of the best in Jersey city. Good neighborhood and teachers focused on studies. My girl is very happy with this school and I too with her performance .She is performing very well . The only drawback I felt is that this school works too hard to achieve better results in NJ ASK for Maths and English year round with hourly extra classes through tout the year but hardly any focus on Science throughout the year. In 4th grade they hardly had any Science classes and I think they should not ignore them at the base level .Hope it's not the same way in 5th Grade.

Alfred E. Zampella No. 27 Elementary School 1

Posted July 17, 2013
The school building : is over crowded, so much so that there are 12 trailers behind the schools to house the extra students. Which means that there is no outdoor area for recess or gym. There is also over crowding in the cafeteria. They have one line in which all 1100+ students have to go through. My children would complain of not being able to eat lunch because by the time that they were able to get a lunch and sit their teacher was their to pick them up. There is no air conditioning or water fountains!!! However, if your child falls behind at all there is NO TUTORING or special services to help them!!! Having a child who has a learning disability, the child study team(HORRIBLE) The school is more concerned with $$ than evaluations to help the child. Leadership: I did see the principle at functions but was not present for any PTA meetings.

Alfred E. Zampella No. 27 Elementary School 1

Posted October 30, 2012
this school is in the failed category schools. no wonder why... yes, few teachers i met are very professional and respected and well concerned teachers.. there are a good poertion of them that don't really go to school for the sacred purpose of loving to teach our children, just because of the biweekly checks they get to perform a lousy "job" thanks to our well hard earned tax money...

Posted September 19, 2012
I just graduated from this school this year. I never forgot the great memories and lessons I learned from enrolling here. The school has pushed me a step forward and a step closer to achieving my goals. There are wonderful, outgoing teachers and staff, and it's always a warm community that's easy to get attached to. Moreover, there's no better school than ps27. -Ivan R Salcedo

Posted August 13, 2012
The school is located in a good neighborhood. A good school with good teachers overall. However, parents have a responsibility to report any issues related to any particular teacher. The principal is surely making positive changes.

Alfred E. Zampella No. 27 Elementary School
201 North St, Jersey City, NJ  07307
Last modified Alfred E. Zampella No. 27 Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alfred E. Zampella No. 27 Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top