6-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Jersey City, NJ

Center For The Arts 1

Posted March 21, 2012
Let me say this, my child is not a perfect student. She is a pre-teen going through pubertly with issues like every other young girl. I thought that this school had changed which is why I was excited about sending my daughter here. I was in for a rude awakening. Almost everyday my daughter comes home with stories of prejudice statements that are made from the students to all out brawls in the gym. Teacher-aids are fighting students to students waiting at the school to fight other students. Yes, I said teacher-aids fighting students and the teacher was the initiator. In my experience when a student is on the brink of failing the teachers don't wait until they have failed to inform the parent. Pre-emptive measures are made before hand. If the student fails then so does the teacher and the parent, but more so the teacher. Somewhere along the years teachers have lost the passion to teach and in return students have lost the will to learn. I'd like my child to attend a school where the teachers can return the will to learn and in the end my child enjoyed being there and actually learned something more then just how to pass the NJASK. She will not be returning for another year...

Posted September 06, 2008

Center For The Arts 1

Posted April 14, 2005
Unfortunately I am a mother of a low income family and I can't afford to live anywhere else' This system has many good teachers so frustrated with administration and parent that no one cares it is a nightmare no structure nor discipline. If you want you child to have a edge don't send them here, the only challenging thing at this school is recess.

Posted October 13, 2004
- a former student

Posted March 30, 2004

Center For The Arts
59 Wilkinson Ave, Jersey City, NJ  07305
Last modified Center For The Arts is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center For The Arts Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top