Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 24, 2015
Since the school is a family owned and run, they often employee family or friends. Some of the teachers have been there a very long time, and just don't seem to really care. Like I've previously stated, they breed an air of competitiveness (unhealthy) and can be very rude to the students and parents alike.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted May 24, 2015
It seems to be nothing at some points and then heave at other times. Not very consistent.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted May 24, 2015
Since the school does not offer challenging academic programs, there really is nothing for the students to work hard at and learn what the pay-off hard work can bring.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 24, 2015
The teachers are disrespectful to the students. They talk down to them, and are very unprofessional.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 24, 2015
As previously stated, the staff builds unhealthy competition amongst the student population, instead of fostering a cooperative, non-bullying, togetherness.

Kearny Christian Academy 1

Posted September 23, 2014
Academics are poor, there is a lot of favoritism in the school. The facility is dirty and the principle is non present. (because he works another job in the city). The leadership lies and cuts corners at every possible turn. Kids that go back to public schools are behind and struggle to catch up. They need to repent to God for all the lies and he will guide the School to be a great Christian place.

Posted June 03, 2014
KCA is a great school. My kids are thrilled to be there. The teachers are very caring and willing to put in extra time for my child to learn the material. It's nice to be able to send my children in a christian environment where they are also learning. Very grateful to God, especially during these times, to be able to send my children to KCA.

Kearny Christian Academy 1

Posted June 03, 2014
My wife and I were extremely disappointed in KCA. When we enrolled our child, we expected all that they boasted in their open house. We quickly found a lot of it to be exaggerated or simply, a lie. They do offer a good biblical program, but other than that, it was plain awful. The teachers can be down right rude, to both parents and kids. They always look misterable. And oh boy, the building could use a good scrubbing! Principal leadership, or really any kind of leadership, does NOT exist at KCA. To say they are unorganized, is an understatement. Don't waste your money.

Posted February 17, 2014
Smaller sized classrooms. Really helps Kids learn and focus. Teachers have more opportunity for one on one focus on their students. You dont get lost in the crowds. The staff cares. It feels like a family. I was a student over 15 years ago. I attended grades 6-12. I have always been a step ahead of my peers in education. And I account that to KCA. Now i am successful in my line of work. I hold managment positions and lead a large team of people. Learned not only the "books" at KCA but a lot about character and leadership. I believe going to this school helped me get to where i am in life today. When i have kids, i will definitely send them here!

Posted February 17, 2014
I am a proud parent of a KCA student and have been for many years. My daughter has excelled in this college prep school and I couldn't be more proud! The small class size allows my child individual care and she has a name, not a number. The staff has grown to become family and I appreciate all they have done. My daughter, over the years, has learned Chapters of the Bible, not only memorization, but a deep study of it and an understanding on how to live a Godly life. Kearny Christian Academy is a faithful, dedicated school and staff and has been for over 30years. There is NO other place my daughter would rather be. When asked what school she wanted to attend, KCA has always been her answer. I am proud that my daughter comes home knowing who she is in Christ, what Promises He has for her and her family, memorized Scripture and not the latest Miley Cyrus lyrics. We have truely been blessed. Thank you KCA for all of your years with my daughter and for staying true to the vision God has place in you

22 Wilson Ave, Kearny, NJ  07032
Last modified Kearny Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Kearny Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top