9-12 & Ungraded
Kearny, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,735

Kearny High School 2

Posted June 27, 2009
It offers the basics in a few departments but not much in normal level 2 classes, the facilities are semi-decent. Students have to work hard to truly benefit from this school.

Posted March 01, 2008
It has a very good school with a wonderful band program and an excellent sports teams, but some of the students are not very cooperative and test scores is comparibly low

Posted August 23, 2007
I really like this school and it offers good scholarships

Posted April 15, 2006
Good school,academics ok, music and sports very good.

Posted October 17, 2005
The academic standards compared to other high schools is low. The music program is soo good and sports teams are also good. Extracurricular activities are plentiful and the level of parent involvment is like in any other school.

Posted October 14, 2005
KHS is great school. There are alot of programs for students who are college-bound or interested in vocationally-trained positions. The best students take full advantages of what there is to offer. It is a large school though and students who are undirected can get lost if parents are not diligent. The athletic staff is very supportive but the guidance office is overburdened. For the most part, a student gets out of this school what they are willing to put into it. There are a lot of opportunites and guidence but one has to stay on top of things or get lost in the masses.

Posted June 14, 2005
My daughter is graduating June 2005. Her experiences at KHS were exceptional. She was in Band all 4 yrs. Academics: She enjoyed all her teachers and learned well. She was involved in other extracurricular activities. She is going to miss Kearny High so much. As a parent, I too enjoyed the past 4 yrs. Mr. DiGesere you should be proud!

Posted April 29, 2005
I moved to this school in september 2004. First of all this schools has many great programs. The teachers are all awesome. I would say that this school is very liberal in its poilicies. The previous two schools i atteneded didnt't allow students to go out on lunch, but kearny HS does! that's awesome. Also I have received recognition for my hard work and there are many oppotunities to prove yourselves. The one thing that i dislike is students smoking right in the entrance of the school. They are always there in the morning and also after school, and right there there is a sign saying 'No smoking'.

Posted March 29, 2005
I graduated in Kearny High School in 2000. The School is good but needs more security. The academic programs are very wonderful. Availablity of music very good, art-very good, sports- there are tons of, Extra Curricular Activities- there are millions of, Level of parent Involvement- not that much of. I was a member of SGA,HOSA,Chorus,Project Graduation,Honor Society and more that I can not think of. The School is the best out of all of the other schools that I have heard about. I still keep in touch with some of the former teachers that were teachers when my Brothers and Sister & I went to K.H.S. Kearny High School needs to be a little bit bigger for all the students that attend school every year.

Posted November 21, 2004
i am a past student and the problem then is the problem today the student him/her self ,if you want to learn you can, no teacher,no school board can make you learn,it comes within yourself and your family assistance towards the school,if you sit and complain and do nothing well the outcome is nothing you must put in to get something out.look at our country now sitting still on things has turned this great country into all kinds of problems. we must hold ourself accountable for our lives not others,we need to get back to the basics of life and that is school is a learning place not a place to just meet our friends,it is our lives at stake.we can change the world but we must start with ourselves.

Kearny High School
336 Devon St, Kearny, NJ  07032
Last modified Kearny High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kearny High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top