Bad
Good

Public Schools in Kearny area 20 years ago was great, with wonderful well educated loving teachers,now Garfield School is under the tirany of new teachers without vocation,only working for benefits,and Vacations,no patience, no love for the kids or any kind of compassion.It is sad that the only option that people have is taking their attitude or sacrifice a lot to send kids to private schools.They do have loving teachers there but they are from the old school.The rest of the parents have to accept the 60% of young teachers without experience..it is SAD....

I like the teachers my children have had so far, they are very dedicated to the children. The principal is also nice and very respectful. I just think that the parents should be more on top of their kids, some kids push other kids around but it is controlled by the teachers in school but it is the parents responsibility for their behavior.

I like the school teachers special the principal is very good gentleman to walk around the school yard to see all children in the play ground to see if the kids plays safety. I am a parent like to see my child to succeed in school and at home. I will do anything to help my child special with the homework that she brings from school

The teachers in this school are wonderful. They are all dedicated and want our children to succeed. I have had two children go through Garfield and I have two in there at this time and never had any problems with it at all. The only problem that I am now starting to see is that some of the students are bullying -- a few years ago they had a program that centered around that and I think we should bring it back.

Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.