PK-6 & Ungraded
Kearny, NJ

Posted February 08, 2013
Public Schools in Kearny area 20 years ago was great, with wonderful well educated loving teachers,now Garfield School is under the tirany of new teachers without vocation,only working for benefits,and Vacations,no patience, no love for the kids or any kind of compassion.It is sad that the only option that people have is taking their attitude or sacrifice a lot to send kids to private schools.They do have loving teachers there but they are from the old school.The rest of the parents have to accept the 60% of young teachers without experience..it is SAD....

Posted May 25, 2010
I like the teachers my children have had so far, they are very dedicated to the children. The principal is also nice and very respectful. I just think that the parents should be more on top of their kids, some kids push other kids around but it is controlled by the teachers in school but it is the parents responsibility for their behavior.

Posted September 30, 2009
I like the school teachers special the principal is very good gentleman to walk around the school yard to see all children in the play ground to see if the kids plays safety. I am a parent like to see my child to succeed in school and at home. I will do anything to help my child special with the homework that she brings from school

Garfield Elementary School 0

Posted May 28, 2009
The teachers in this school are wonderful. They are all dedicated and want our children to succeed. I have had two children go through Garfield and I have two in there at this time and never had any problems with it at all. The only problem that I am now starting to see is that some of the students are bullying -- a few years ago they had a program that centered around that and I think we should bring it back.

Garfield Elementary School 2

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted June 25, 2008

Garfield Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2008

Garfield Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2006
Recently the school seems to have taken a turn for the worse. Homework is extremely light (10 min. four times a week for lower levels) and classroom work fails to challenge the students. Many parents seem to comment on problems with the administrative staff although there are some very dedicated teachers.

Posted August 10, 2005

Garfield Elementary School
360 Belgrove Dr, Kearny, NJ  07032
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top