PK-6 & Ungraded
Kearny, NJ

Posted October 27, 2014
My wife and I are both school teachers and we couldn't be happier with Roosevelt. The teachers are extremely caring, nurturing and the curriculum is varied. What we also like is that the classroom size is small. As an educator, I know there is more to a school than a number and I have to say that Roosevelt is just as good if not better than the other schools in-and-around Bloomfield, Nutley and Rutherford.

Posted March 01, 2014
This is the TOP Elementary School in Town It has small classroom sizes and specificly a well sought after Autistic Program. I had a Client pay $30k over asking specifically to get her child in the Roosevelt School District. I am a Real Estate Agent Locally and I get Calls all the time with people interested only in the Roosevelt School District.

Posted March 01, 2014
I attended this elementary school as a child and my son is about to start Roosevelt School. I see some negative comments and some positive comments, and my honest opinion is, as a parent we must be involved for our children education, so they get the most they can from school. Children thrive when they know they are loved and appreciated, when parents are involved the confidence in their education shows. This school was always at the top of my list to send my child. I will do what I can to make sure it only gets better. We must be involved.

Roosevelt Elementary School 1

Posted October 12, 2013
Lincoln School is under the tirany of new teachers without vocation,only working for benefits,and Vacations,no patience, no love for the kids or any kind of compassion..

Roosevelt Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2011
our financial situation it's been really difficult as my husband works with construction and I have been severely ill for the past four years, this is a advice for all mothers. I know that private school sometimes is pictured as Superficial , but me and my husband after search about Roosevelt five years ago did decided that would be better made cuts on vacation and other expenses and have our girls at KCA, for my family every sacrifice to have the three of then there is worthed, I hope I helped you, and actually it's not price because the teachers have the kids has priority and they learn about God about respect inside and outside the school, take a look at the school ; name KCA right at wilson ave in Kearny, God bless you.

Roosevelt Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2009
we have a great experience with roosevelt. My duaghter has recieved lots of extra help. The resorce room is excellent , and the teachers for the most part have been wonderful . The down side is that there is absolutly no visual arts at all .

Roosevelt Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2007

Roosevelt Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2006
Academically speaking, although said to be the best in Kearny, is very behind in their curricula when compared to some average schools in NYC. No computer labs, foreign languages and very poor Gifted and Talented resources. Extra curricular ? Nothing there. The level of parental involvement is great but these parents don't really seem to care to improve the level of teaching in this school. Unfortunate.

Posted November 13, 2004
My daughter attended Washington School, and now she attends Roosevelt School. What a difference! It is a much better school in every way: Academics, Principal, PTA, etc. It is hard to believe two schools in the same District can be so different.

Posted October 28, 2004
i had my grandson son in franklin school and im very glad that they put him in roosevelt school cavery nice and i must say to the principal you have done a great job keep up the good work use now he is doing great and the teachers are great. thank you. mrs.johnson

Roosevelt Elementary School
733 Kearny Ave, Kearny, NJ  07032
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top