PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is terrible. They seem sexist to not allow a girl to play sports with the boy's team while the scholl cant provide a female team for the school. Once comfronted with this, instead of creating a fix or allowing the girl to play on the boys team they expelled her and her sister.

We moved from public schools to catholic. My son is in the older classes. His transition went well and his teachers have been helpful. He was a bit behind the class and has been able to catch up without issue. I liked the small classroom environment and how actively involved the parents are. They offer a number of after school activities at no additional cost and their website keeps parents informed. The whole experience has been positive for me and my son and we will be back this coming school year..

Hopefully things will change now. Unfortunately some of the hold overs need to go too. Then the school should be able to recover. As long as there are employees there that got their job based on hand shakes, there will always be some doubt.

My son has been in STS for the last 5 years. He is a good student, at par with my friends kids that go to different school districts. I think that the school has managed to do its job in preparing my kid for advancement and being competitive. No school is without its issues and sometimes they come from the outside in and sometimes from the inside out. I'm curious how the school will move forward with the new principal starting this year and what changes will be enacted by her.

This was my child's first year at the school. At first I was a bit confused as being our first year I didn't know all the nuances, acronyms and activities. Thankfully my daughter's teacher answered every one of my questions and I got to know parents at pickup that filled me in. My daughter developed wonderful friends and learned substantially during her year here. I loved the fact that she not only knew and was known by her classmates but from kids of all grade levels. Even the 8th graders would wave to her and interact. The family events (bingo! karaoke!) were a real treat. I feel so much a part of the STS school community as a parent. They have totally embraced us. I will point out I was surprised at many of the comments made here. I am, for lack of a better word, ethnic and I have found no issue w/ race here. Actually the school has a significant amount of diversity. I think behavior is mentioned often because as a catholic school, the curriculum incorporates character building by fostering natural virtues and developing the spiritual virtues. In so doing behavior is taken in high regard. Its not in anyway militant but they do adhere to a level of expectation.

The most recent review stated that the positive comments about the school mention behavior and ask if it is programmed. Perhaps it is that those who see how wonderful this school is notice that good schools focus on more than just academics. Good schools are not driven by "teaching to the test", but by cultivating the growth of children, whether it be through teaching proper behavior, a focus on faith, comraderie, extracurricular activities, and a sense of community and family. People reading these reviews must realize that because a few select individuals have issues with the school does not make it a bad school. The overwhelming majority of people at STS love it there, otherwise they would not be paying money for their children to go to school there while also paying taxes in their own town for their district's schools. I strongly urge anyone seriously considering this school, to call and make a visit. Talk to the staff and you will see how much they care for the students, how invested they are in all of the childrens' well being. And, more importantly, talk to the students and hear from their mouths, how much they love their school and the STS family.

This school is awful, my advice is to look elsewhere for a school for your kids

I am more than surprised to read the negative comments about STS. Both my daughters have been at STS since Pre-K. My oldest daughter graduated 8th grade, and went on to the Magnet schools along with other 14 classmates. If the academics were so poor, these children would have never made it into that High School. Both my daughters have had their share of learning and behavioral problems. The school brought it up to us, only to support us 100% on the challenges we were facing. It's true that the behavioral standards are high, and not following the rules has consequences. For some of us, that is an important part of the learning process. STS is preparing them for life, not only academically, spiritually, but also in the discipline. Both my daughters have found at STS a group of friends that go beyond the school doors. The families work together with teachers and stuff to give the kids the best possible education. Is there room for improvement? Always! Have they listened to our concerns and requests? Absolutely! Curriculum has improved, lunches are much better, sports activities are growing in improving, and the after school activities are live and better than ever.

my child is in Kindergarten and 5 and I'm surprised to read the previous review especially since the kinder glass is so diverse in itself.

I give St Theresa an unsatisfactory. My 5 yr which attends this school since pre k and the learning environment and the staffs are horrible. On several occasion my daughter was made fun of by teachers and student because of her skin color and hair texture. I ve made several complaints regarding this and suggested they should incorporate a more diversified staff. The school work given to the kid is not challenging and is just basic. I would not recommend anyone to put their child in this school, for the amount of money you pay in tuition and what your child is learning it s not worth it.

Last modified St. Theresa Grade School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8