Bad
Good

Excellent, caring, teachers and administrators. My sons have had a wonderful experience at KCS. I'm extremely happy with the education they've received thus far.

I went to this school 11 years of my life. It was an amazing experience. The teachers are wonderful and I was able to learn and expand my knowledge there. It's a very old school and very old school environment. I loved my experience there, I'm in high school now. From my knowledge that I was taught here, by high school teachers in grammar school, I was able to get a scholar ship to Mater Dei Prep. I'm a freshman there this year and I owe it all to Keyport Central School for providing me with such great education. I would definitely rage Keyport Central School 5 stars. Go Indians!!!!

My daughter is in Kindergarten and I couldn't be more pleased. Her teacher is wonderful and dedicated. We have had nothing but positive experiences since she's attended Keyport Central. She is reading at a Level F and adding and subtracting by herself. I see a VERY bright future for the children of Keyport Central. We absolutelly love it!

I have only had limited experience since my son is in kindergarten but the full day free preschool and the full day kindergarten in this school are really great. He loves it and the teachers are teaching him how to read and write very well. I also had some contact with special education and the staff was very good in their evaluation and services. I am very happy with the schools so far and I am an experienced teacher who is very critical when choosing a school for my child.

FYI, this website kept erasing the five star rating I put in. Read the reviews but don't go by the number of stars because there is a glitch. I reported it but they didn't reply. We love it here! The principal knows every student by name and the gifted and talented program is fantastic. We have also dealt with the special education services which were above par in relation to our former school district. We have been pleased with the education our kids are receiving and are so glad we moved here. There were two Keyport HS graduates last year who went to MIT and Yale. Excellent education here. You get out of it what you put into it. Support your kids and they will do well with the small class size and individual attention here.

I just moved to the area and was a bit concerned about the school, but I am very pleased with the education. The teachers have been great, vice princapal very nice. My children are thrieving there, and we were actually coming from a school district that was rated a 9, so I was concerned. But I am very pleased thus far!

I feel the education in this school is below average. We moved to middletown at the end of the school year when my son was in Kindergarten and he was way behind all the kids there. It took summer school and a lot of hard work for him to finally catch up. I don't know if this is because of the quality of the curriculum or because of the level of education the students have when they start. My son was doing more challanging work in pre-school. Besides the education his teacher was very nice and we liked her a lot. We honestly are much happier at his new school where he learns a lot and the class seems more controlled.

After reading the posts below I felt that I had to add my experience. I have two children in this school and have been nothing but pleased with their education and teachers. Both children started in the pre-k program (full day/free of cost) which is based on the High Scope learning method and it taught by a group of amazing teachers. Our experience, with one heading into Kindergarten and the other to 2nd grade has been nothing but positive. Their teachers have been kind, caring and supportive and parents in each of their classes have been very involved parents who want to work to make the Central School the best it can be.

My family feels that the keyport central school is not a safe environment for our children, there have been many incidences of violence and bullying. Many of the children in the school have no respect for themselves or any one else and I feel the school has there heads in the sand about how to deal with the issues. There are alot of politics going on between the the teachers and the school board. There is a lack of supervision during recess, lunch as well as when the children enter and leave school. Everytime you turn around the school is implementing a new program instead of consentrating on the basics, this is due in part because of the state funding that goes on. I was more concerned with my childrens well being rather than with their education. My children are very bright and they are the ones being left behind.

Central School is lacking in good, solid leadership. The principal and VP are new and inexperienced. The main focus of the curriculum revolves around the test scores. Much attention is placed on those students who are in need of extra help, however lost in the mix are those students who perform on the advanced proficient level when testing.

Last modified Central School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.