Lakewood, NJ

Ocean Day School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
this school is filthy. they don't even have their own cleaning people. the church has maintenance, but they don't clean the school area. nasty.

Posted September 14, 2009
A truly wonderful school. It has an extremely low student-teacher ratio, and a loving family environment. Both my girls love to go to school every day, and are learning and growing at an ouTstanding rate. WE LOVE ODS!

Posted March 05, 2008
I am the part time nurse at ODS. My experience here has been wonderful. The staff has been very friendly and warm. The children at the school are very well behaved, always there with a helping hand. It is very impressive to see how the older students help out the younger ones. They seem to be having fun while they are learning. It's like one big family. Mrs. Stanger, School Nurse.

Posted August 12, 2007
Last year we enrolled both our children in ODS. We had tried both public and private schools in the past. We have finally found our'home.' Not only are our children challenged acedemically, they are also encouraged to be kind and compassionate and respectful to their classmates and teachers. I have never seen such happy children and teachers in any other learning enviroment. It truely was finding a needle in a haystack.

Posted March 11, 2005
We pulled our son from the public school system where he was making very little progress academically. We highly recommend ODS. The Faculty and staff is made up of people who are interested in fostering academic excellence. The teachers are caring and help their students to succeed academically and reach their full potential. Our son's strengths and weaknesses have been addressed and he has been motivated to learn. We have seen a tremendous progress in our son's academic and social development. We are more than pleased with the ODS.

Posted January 28, 2005
My children (5th and 6th grades) transferred to Ocean Day School during this school because I was unhappy with the private school they were attending. I was immediately impressed by the student/teacher ratios, the pleasant and approachable director, and the extra curricular activities. After being at the school for some time now, I know now that I made the correct choice in transferring my children to Ocean Day School. As my son has learning issues, I am continually appreciative of the teachers' support and communication with me. This teamwork approach to my son's education, which has me as part of the team on a daily basis, has permitted my son to flourish at Ocean Day School. As I register for the 2005-2006 school year, I would highly recommend Ocean Day School to other families. Victoria Niebuhr

Posted January 27, 2005
We have one child at Ocean Day School that started in the pre-school program. My wife and I looked at both private (secular and non-secular) and public schools in the area and found that ODS was the best value for the best education. Another consideration was that our child is very shy and we felt that the high student to teacher ratios at other schools would inhibit the learning process. Our child has found great success at this school and has maintained honor roll status for over a year. The other significant advantage at ODS is the educational pre-school program that is available, for costs similiar to standard daycare. I highly recommend the Ocean Day School. Jeff and Debbie Burke-Jackson Twp

Posted January 14, 2005
We currently have 3 children enrolled in Ocean Day School presently in the 6th.5th and the 3rd grades. The teachers and the core curriculum have provided a strong and established base for the advancement of their education. Accompanying this base is an innovative teaching program that allows the children to advance in subjects that they exhibit more ability in. This cross-grading is one of the ways the school and staff places your child first in this educational environment.

Posted December 12, 2004
Six years ago we placed my daughter in Ocean Day School after looking at numerous other private schools in the area. Now with two children in the school, my wife and I know that we selected an outstanding school. We could not be happier with the education, teachers, students, after-school activities, and small class sizes. I know that while I'm at work my children are safe, happy, being taught a challenging curriculm, and having wonderful days at Ocean Day School. I most highly recommend Ocean Day School.

Posted November 21, 2004
We have four children who have found great success at Ocean Day School. Two have moved on to gratifying high school experiencing at CBA. One achieved a 780 on his math SAT score.Our second child had learning disabilities that were identified early.He was nurtured along to learn how not only to overcome these obstacles but to succeed in a main stream setting. Our last two children are still currently students at the school and we remain extremely pleased. We as parents feel Ocean Day School is the best kept secret in Ocean County.

Ocean Day School