Lakewood, NJ
Before care: Yes

Calvary Academy 1

Posted June 16, 2013
I went to this school from 5th to 8th grade and did not like it whatsoever. the kids were very cliquey, the teachers were overly strict and there was a lot of gossip. I feel like they dont show you the real world and when i left i was oblivious of reality.

Posted February 12, 2013
My son entered Calvary Academy in 7th grade and graduated last year. He recieved an excellent education in a caring Christian environment. The teachers were outstanding and very well educated. Recently they fullfilled the requirements for accreditation by both ASCI and Middle states which is the same accrediting body used for all Accredited schools in New Jersey. My son is now in College studying engineering and is doing exceptionally well. Calvary Academy definetly provides the student with the tools they need to succeed in a competitive academic environment.

Posted February 13, 2012
I grew up going to public schools and I saw first hand how kids were shuffled through the grades regardless of grades. There was no communication between parents and teachers. I decided to send my son to a private school for a better. The school has a great family environment. We know the administration due to their kindness not because my son misbehaved. The education he receives at Calvary is priceless. He is doing a lot of subjects which are done in later grades in public schools. He has been gradually introduced into advanced work over the years. The teachers are very friendly and are always in contact with me regarding my son's education. Most parents don't realize that in order for their kids to succeed in school they have to be a part of the kids education, in and out of school. This school is excellent and I recommend it to anyone who wants to give their kids a great education. As long as a parent realizes the teacher is not a babysitter,, the teacher is their to help the kids succeed and reenforce the importance of a good an education at home, the kid will succeed in any school. Keep this theory in mind and your child will excel with Calvary Academy!!!

Calvary Academy 2

Posted November 14, 2011
Excellent in the academic sense, but quite lacking in the leadership, the discipline, and the courtesy of the students. Going there made me feel like I was nothing, like I was a mistake. I was bullied, yelled at by teachers, punished if my handwriting wasn't perfect or if I didn't write my name, given lunch detentions if I didn't do two questions on my math homework etc. The students had their cliques and unfortunately my best friends had moved away. So I was left alone. All this happened when I was in elementary school! On the upside, I recieved an outstanding education that has allowed me to continue on to excell adacemically far greater than most other students do. But in the end, don't waste your time or money.

Posted April 06, 2011
I love it there. There is sime gossip and cliques but what school doesn't. The teahers are extreamelly nice and helpful. Very Christian and i love it. I would definatly recomened it for a school.

Calvary Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2008
I went to this school for four years, and I learned a lot there. The curriculum was excellent, but I always felt pressured, and some of the children there were unkind. They were cliquey, and I would always feel left out. THerefore, I do not recommend this school.

Calvary Academy 3

Posted March 21, 2008
My child was in the Pre-K program for 2 years, and didn't continue to Calvary Academy for some disapointments I had in the pre-K, I considered that my daughter didn't receive a good education for the money we were paying. She is in a public school now but unfortunately she is not doing well, the teacher in the public school thought that my daughter didn't receive any kind of Pre-K preparation since she was not even ready to recognize letters or numbers; we had to work very hard everynight to make her get the basics in reading and writing. The Kndrgten Teacher in the Public School thinks that my child is bright, smart and very inteligent but she was not prepared well for Kndrgten, since now the public schools' standards are higher than previous years. She is in disadvantage comparing her to other children that were in public Pre-K programs.

Posted March 18, 2008

Posted February 26, 2008
Calvary Academy was a great school for my sons who are now attending college. My children made many lifelong friends while attending Calvary and they were also very involved in sports. The teachers and staff at Calvary are the best - they did a great job in preparing my children for college. The administration is caring and knows each child on a one-to-one basis. Calvary Academy has been a blessing to my entire family. I would HIGHLY recommend this school!

Posted January 16, 2008
Schools are only as good as the parents who involve themselves with teachers and administration. My child attended Calvary K through 3 (we moved out of state) and I felt that he received a superb education. Even at the young level, they took really great field trips that were attached to their lessons...more than 4 times a year. The Principal is outstanding. She is warm, caring and very understanding. The environment is firm but caring and each child is treated with respect. I received progress reports and updates throughout the year and was never disappointed in the quality of education Calvary offered. The children are very close to each other as many of them continue on from K - 12 year after year. I'm sorry we couldn't take the school with us. I would recommend Calvary over any elementary school in the area.

Calvary Academy