Lawrence, NJ

Posted September 09, 2013
I respect the last posters opinion, but in all fairness, it is based on the parent's experience as a student many years ago. I can tell you from my perspective as a current parent, that the education my children are receiving at St. Ann's is excellent! Most kindergarteners are reading simple books by Christmas - including my one daughter with an auditory processing disorder and who did not know all her letters when Kindergarten started. My son attended public school until second grade, and when he transferred, he was at least a good six months behind in reading, writing and math. He was able to catch up, but I wish I had moved him over sooner.

St Ann Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2013
I attended this school years ago and graduated from Notre Dame HS. I chose to send my kids to the public schools in the area. I agree that there are some benefits to St Ann's school such as small class size and mostly homogeneous demographic. However, the quality of the eduction is not greater then the public schools. I think if you are looking to shield your children from some of the undesirable elements of a public school this may be a good option for you, just don't be fooled that your child is getting a better education because from my personal experience I don't believe that is the case.

Posted December 13, 2010
When looking for a school, I was really concerned about so many things: Education, Quality of Teachers, Class Size, Discipline, Interaction of the children, etc. I found that St Ann's is all that and more. The class size is ideal. The teachers are focused and know each child as well as their families. The teachers try and work with your child and each parent on how they can and should be a major part of their childrens learning process. Also, since St Ann's is a Catholic School, I am very pleased that my child is able to continue his religious growth to help make him a better person. My child is taught about his faith at home however, I am happy that the school continues to make it a part of their daily routine. When visiting the school, I found it to be a pleasant environment. The children were disciplined and respectfull. I cannot say enough about St Ann's School. I just know that I am so happy knowing that my child is safe, happy, disciplined, educated, respected (as well as to respect everyone including their peers). Don't think twice! You will not be disappointed and your children will thank you in the long run.

Posted September 28, 2010
Went back and forth when deciding between public and private as my child has a learning disability. I heard from other parents that public schools would have more to offer my child. I can say with 100% confidence that we made the right choice by sending our child to St. Ann's School. It is much smaller than the public school my child would attend, the class sizes are smaller - which means more individual attention. The teachers and staff at the school know every child, every parent, and there is an open line of communication. My child gets the extra help needed, 1 on 1 with the resource teacher, and maintains a well balanced day in the classroom with classmates. My child has made lifelong friends in St. Ann's School! I think the number 1 point here is that MY CHILD WANTS TO LEARN!

Posted January 11, 2009
St Ann School is an excellent school academically and environmentally. The children there all express that they feel safe and cared for. It is a small school which allows for small classes, individualized attention and a sense of belonging. Although small there is some diversity which is positive for all. Our students do very well on the standardized tests given by Catholic schools nationwide. In fact, our kids outperform most local Catholic schools and often the tests reveal that our 8th graders are testing at a 12th grade level. There is an active sports program and a terrific drama program which many people assume does not happen at Catholic schools. If you are looking for a school that will give your child a good education, along with an opportunity to serve and understand the world around them, this is the place.

St Ann Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2008
St. Ann's is an excellent school. Comparing the work performed by children at the neighboring public schools (by talking to local parents)- St. Ann's students lead in language arts, math and science.

St Ann Elementary School
34 Rossa Avenue, Lawrence, NJ  08648
Last modified St Ann Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Ann Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top