No rating

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School

Public | PK-3 & ungraded | 19 students

Posted April 29, 2014

Coming from other country, we found this school just excellent! Great teachers, a passionate staff and a very engaged principal. Parents cooperation is outstanding too. Is a great school.

Posted February 13, 2014

My 4-year-old son goes to special ed program at Ben Franklin. He loves to go to school and learns so much from the teachers. When he was going to day care centers he used to cry every day and stressed out a lot. But he gets such a good care from Ben Franklin special ed teachers that he is very happy to go to school in the morning and comes back home with a big smile in the afternoon. He has made so much improvements both developmentally and emotionally since he started going to Ben Franklin. I don't think we can find a better school than this for our son.

Posted August 8, 2013

Really great school. The best part is this school system despite being great does not go around announcing its greatness.

Posted March 31, 2013

Excellent school with the best of teachers. A lot of extra curricular activities with a strong focus on academics.

Posted May 29, 2012

I am very impressed with this school. My child is in the first grade and I am very pleased with her first two years at Ben Franklin. As other parents have commented to me, it has the instructional quality and ingenuity of a private school. My daughter was reading in Kindergarten at 5 years old, something I wasn't expecting. Also, BF offers a full day kindergarten which you don't get in other nearby districts, great for working parents! The Principal Mr. Turnbull is a young energetic guy who is doing very wonderful things as are the dedicated teachers. The parents are very active in my daughters class with folks donating lots of food and money for special functions for the kids. Over all 5 star school!

Posted March 24, 2012

My daughter is graduating from this school this year and this school is overall fantastic. Some of the teacher's are exceptional and work very hard to succeed.

Posted August 15, 2011

BF is a very good school. My daughter was lucky enough to be Mrs. Muzy's student . She enjoyed every moment of her 1st grade. learning process/teaching methods were innovative, academically challenging and most importantly stimulated development of creativity and individual strength. BF has an atmosphere of a family for kids and parents.

Posted April 29, 2011

I attended Ben Franklin from Kindergarden to Third Grade and I LOVED it!!! I always enjoyed waking up and going to this school. I was never bullied, the teachers were always there to help me when I needed it! This school made me feel accepted. I was very very sad when I had to leave it. I believe that this is by far the BEST elementary school in the Lawrenceville area. I was origionaly suposed to go to Slackwood in Lawrenceville but this one was much closer so my parents wrote a letter for me to go there. I did not like slackwood that much when visited but I loved Ben Franklin. I have told my parents that if I could've I would stay in that school forever! If you live in Lawrenceville I would strongly recommend sending your child to this school!

Posted December 5, 2008

All around great school. Faculty and parents clearly care about the development of the children.

Posted April 3, 2007

I was, and still am constantly surprised with the quality of this public school. This year, my daughter's 1st grade class has only 15 students! Wow! The classroom is new and clean and the overall atmosphere of the school is full of 'school spirit'. Parent involvement is amazing. During school events the parking lots and street overflow with cars of parents coming to participate.

Grade level

Language Arts Literacy

The state average for Language Arts Literacy was 66% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 New Jersey used the New Jersey Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (NJ ASK) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in language arts literacy and math, and in grades 4 and 8 in science. The NJ ASK is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of New Jersey. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

Not migrant86%
Limited English Proficient Current Plus Formern/a
Limited English Proficient Formern/a
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the New Jersey Department of Education. If there are a small number of students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: New Jersey Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 26% 9%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 16%N/A34%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2939 Princeton Pike