Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

I have had two kids graduate from LMS. The staff is caring and passionate. Kids are treated as individuals and there is a focus not just on academics, but also on character building. As a result student learn both the skills that will help them succeed academically and succeed as members of the community. Great communication to parents and a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Lawrence Intermediate School is a gem in the district. I have one child who graduated from the Intermediate School with an excellent education, with an emphasis on writing and mathematics. I have another child going through the school now and having the same successful experience. The teachers are engaged, challenging and motivating. They are always willing to help students. There are many opportunities for students to get involved in their school. The principal cares deeply for her students, staff and school and is always available to address a question or need.

My kids have had wonderful experiences at this school. Teachers go above and beyond to help their students. There are so many ways for kids to get involved with activities including student council, school show, music (chorus, band, orchestra), before and after school clubs and more. The school has some wonderful things including an outdoor classroom space, 3D printer, summer reading programs for all students, yoga, and more. The highlight for both of my kids was the 4th grade field trip around the historic town where we live. They learned so much about the history and highlights.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Lawrence Intermediate is a State and National school of character. Citizenship, Caring, Trustworthiness and Sharing, Respect, Responsibility and Self Control are all taught and practiced.

We loved Lawrence Intermediate school. We had terrific teachers every year and the admin was just as good. Our son was in the GT program all three years and had a great experience. The school exceeded our expectations.

My son attends this school as a 4th grader and I am very pleased thus far. I get the vibe from my observations and with speaking to other parents that this is a school on the move making positive advances. With the administration that is in place now I think we'll see steady advancement in scores and reputation.

LIS has top notch teachers and I love the administration. I just viewed a top prep school in the area and the teacher speaking was working on his masters. I have two children in LTPS, both teachers have their masters and both are master teachers! As for the comment below about a child being placed in a special ed class: The classes have a much lower teacher to student ratio. She should be happy the child is getting personal attention (and will be happy and realize it later)

LIS has a good team of administrators and better teachers. The large class sizes are well handled by the faculty and staff and there is a very active PTO. The local education foundation has supplemented funding shortfalls. Despite its size, there is a definite personal attention to every student that belies the fact that it is a public school in a private school dominated area.

From 1-10 (10 being best,) I waver between 10 and 5. I say that because, I feel that the schol has EXCELLENT teachers (10+) but also very diappoonting teachers. It really matters which teacher you child has. I do reommend speaking up and talking to the guidance counselors or school and district administators with any concerns.. I have found that they do listen.

Last modified Lawrence Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.