Posted August 25, 2014
I graduated from Oak Hill in 2012. After 10 great years at Oak Hill, I can tell you that many of the negative reviews you will find below are absurd. If you work hard and meet the school's high expectations, you will have the opportunity to attend nationally recognized prep schools such as Lawrenceville and Philips Exeter as well as prominent local high schools such as CBA, High Tech and Biotech. My teachers were all very passionate about their work and took a personal interest in each student's success. They were always there to help. Additionally, through its more advanced curriculum and new facilities such as the Soler Science and Environmental Center and a Harkness room, Oak Hill continues to strengthen its program so it can better prepare their students for high school and college. I was better prepared for high school than almost all of my freshman classmates. Finally, Oak Hill students not only get an in-depth educational and moral foundation, but we also learn how to work hard so each of us can succeed in life.

Posted August 23, 2014
How ironic that all of the 5 star reviews occur consecutively after negative reviews. I live in a great public school district and my children attended public school. I was MISLEAD into believing that Oak Hill Academy would offer a nurturing and academically challenging and rewarding environment. I pulled all of my children out of public school only to find out that "the grass wasn't greener" at Oak Hill Academy. After 2 years at Oak Hill my children went back to public school to find out that they were not academically advanced and in some instances behind (I had to hire a public school teacher to tutor one of my children to place into an advance placement class because they did not teach up to the standards of the public school district.) I was so optimistic but throughly disappoint with Oak Hill. What a waste of money. It is better to hire a tutor to supplement the academics that the public school may lack, but better to let your students have a normal social interaction with their true peers in the public school!

Posted August 19, 2014
As part of Oak Hill Academy beginning in Pre-K, our experience has been nothing short of amazing. In addition to the challenging academics, the socialization and sense of community taught is priceless. Always looking to improve upon the program, the administration is willing to listen to new ideas and invites open communication between home and school. Having OHA as the first school involvement for our child has made the love of learning the most enjoyable experience!

Posted August 05, 2014
We have been a part of the Oak Hill (OHA) family for 13 years. I have a son, who graduated from OHA, after starting there in Pre-K, and is now a junior at The Lawrenceville School (Lv). I have two others still at OHA. Before our oldest started at OHA, I spoke with the admissions offices at CBA, Peddie and Lv to find out what they thought of OHA. Each of them gave OHA a GLOWING evaluation. As a result, we became part of the OHA family. I am amused by the negative comments of others, as OHA is one of a select few NJ schools that prestigious prep schools such as Lv and Phillips Exeter actually come to every year to recruit OHA graduates. Further, in its 33 year history, OHA has NEVER had one of its graduates rejected by CBA. OHA founder and headmaster, Mr. Pacelli, is a forward looking educator constantly seeking to enhance the educational environment, whether he is increasing the rigor of the math program, introducing the Harkness Table methodology, as employed by Lv and Exeter for over 75 years, or putting the latest tech in each classroom. I could also write about the dedicated teachers, but the high quality of OHA's matriculation list speaks for itself.

Posted July 28, 2014
I couldn't be happier with Oak Hill Academy. The teaching staff and administrators are lovely people who care about the children almost as if they were their own, and who are open minded and progressive as far as educational philosophies. Always ready to meet to discuss parental concerns or student needs, the Headmaster and teachers are also available to discuss new ideas and possibilities. Oak Hill Academy supplies their students with a disciplined, academic education, yet has a warm, solid, extended family feel. As an artist, and someone from a small family, I appreciate both of these things deeply. Oak Hill Academy offers a certain kind of support, both tangible and intangible, that s very helpful to parents in the wonderful and complicated process of raising a child. The code of respect that Oak Hill Academy runs on and which emphasizes kindness ensures that the children will understand the importance of being sensitive to others, while the beautiful campus which includes a stunning science center and gorgeous performing arts space provides an unparalleled aesthetic backdrop that encourages children to be creative people who are sensitive to their surroundings as well.

Posted July 14, 2014
The school trains a child's organizational skills from early on, in addition to the quality of education provided. The students you meet here are most confident, independent, caring and happiest group for their age.

Posted May 12, 2014
OHA provides my son with a fun,safe and advanced learning experience. He looks forward to going to school,as a parent that makes me VERY happy. I am so happy we found this school.

Oak Hill Academy 4

Posted May 09, 2014
Oak Hill Academy gives children a strong foundation. The teachers, curriculum and positive energy allows the student to engage in an educational environment that allows each child to feel good about themselves...Wonderful experience!!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
Horrible school, the school does not care about the student but only money, been there three years, leaving !

Posted March 29, 2014
I can not stress enough how bad of an experience I had at Oak Hill. The teachers teach in a 'cookie- cutter ' fashion and give the students busy work and simply don't care. I advise (for students like myself) that look to be challenged and taught by caring and well educated teachers to not attend Oak Hill Academy.

Oak Hill Academy
347 Middletown Lincroft Road, Lincroft, NJ  07738
Last modified Oak Hill Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Oak Hill Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.