Bad
Good

Posted June 18, 2014
I think LHS is wonderful for students that WANT to learn. There are many classes offered at different levels: honors, AP and IB. If the student runs around like a homeless dog without parental supervision, with his pants hanging, then it is OBVIOUS that NO SCHOOL will be able to help that kind of disrespectful, foul-mouthed child. LHS is mostly rated by disgruntled parents that are mad about their offsprings' unsatisfactory's grades; often directed by their own lack of education and a seeping, festering vendetta. Teachers are there to DELIVER INSTRUCTIONS, and after school it is the job of the CHILD to learn those instructions. My child graduated form LHS with honors and is currently writing his dissertation thanks to Linden HS teachers and the IB program. Thank you!

Linden High School 4

Posted January 04, 2013
LHS is the best. my daughter has the best help she plays lacrosse and vollyball and being look at many colleges. im so proud of the high school. there is alot of discipline. i love the school.

Linden High School

Posted October 13, 2010
I love Linden High School because my daughter can feel safe. They have their issues there like any other school but for the most part the teacher's are involved and the principal cares. I also like all of the extra curricular programs that are available to the kids. My daughter is in 10th grade and she takes them up on something extra since she been there. Linden High is the best.

Posted June 02, 2009
LHS is a GREAT school -- IB program (only 4 high-schools in NJ are approved to have this program! That alone testifies about the high standards!), numerous of extracurricular activities, abroad study programs to China(!), Germany, etc. With Dr. Tomazic as the superintendent now, this school and Linden district will shine in NJ as one of the top schools. The kids are inspired to do their best with great teachers on board. If a student doesn't do his/her part in studing, it is obvious that the student cannot do well. Parents must cooperate and be INTERESTED in their chid's education in order for them to succeed. Grades are not given for free.

Posted June 01, 2009
good school! awesome teachers and incredible people come from this school!

Linden High School 1

Posted April 13, 2009
The standards at this school are very low. They have a weak honors/IB/AP program. I would NOT recommend this school.

Posted August 12, 2008
Linden High is one of the best school I've ever went to in my life! I was about to go to a catholic school nearby, but instead I went to this one. I love it. The teachers are nice, even though some are kind of strict. They discipline very well. They have something called 'Honors' or an IB program, and it's one out of I think 6 schools in NJ who includes it in its curriculum. They also have an ROTC program that is wonderful. The only bad thing about this school might be some of the kids, but if you hang out in the right crowd, then you'll make it!

Linden High School 3

Posted June 25, 2008
I'm a student going into my junior year, where I will be involved in the IB program at Linden High. LHS is really not as bad as most people say, although it could use some improvement. I think that, like any other high school you attend, it is what you make of it. It could be 4 of the best years of your life if you take full advantage of all the great extracurricular activities, or it could be terrible if you sit back and do nothing. LHS has potential. It's the students that don't care that take away from the school, overall.

Linden High School 4

Posted October 26, 2006
I have two children in LHS. Both in honor class. They offered good programs that challenges students. Both my children are happy in highly motivated to go to school everyday. I think that says much as to how they feel about this sch. I have to agree to one parent's comment posted when it comes to dealing with some staff, it can be a bit frustrating. But once you learned to navigate around them, they are willing to accommodate a parent's concerned. NJROTC is one of the great program in LHS together with the IB program and Project Lead the Way that teaches children about engineering. There are otherprograms offered to interest and challenge students. Overall, this is not a bad school.

Linden High School 2

Posted June 22, 2006
I have been let down by Linden High. I come from an educated family that admires respect and maturity. The administration, however, is far from that. The academic programs are very weak and my son complains about teachers passing students who openly lack proper grade-level skills. When I tried to approach the school staff they were terribly rude and immature. I am very critical of the principal, who happens to believe that yelling at every student is an effective median for helping children. I am moving my son to a private school this upcoming year. The level of violence also worries, as learning seems to be discouraged by a large part of the student body. I also find the teachers bothered when I try to ask for help. The do have a good ROTC program, but it isn't worth sending a child there.

Linden High School
121 West St George Ave, Linden, NJ  07036
Last modified Linden High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.