Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school does not fit in Livingston. My three children went to this school and in hindsight I wish I had sent them to private, just for 6th grade. The main concern of the staff (and some teachers) is imposing organization and order. Clearly this makes their jobs easier and is in their own self-interest, but it also comes across as way more important than either the academic programs or the well-being of the students. My interactions with the staff were negative -- many are bullies themselves, how ironic they promote anti-bullying there. One of my kids was so unhappy that she wrote an honest but negative review here. It is now gone, strangely. Many of the teachers are very good, so I suspect the admin and staff are the main problem. I regret having my children around such people and the environment they created.

I feel the program offered by Mount Pleasant Middle School is really Excellent! Lot's of learning opportunity besides the standard of Math, Science, English, Social Study and Gym, there's General Music class offered for kids who didn't have chance to learn privately; for kids who pick band or orchestra with instrument, gets group lesson once a week and the band/ orchestra performs really well ! Their art class is rotated with 4 different aspects which will lead kids and their parents to open up their eyes of what their kids can learn from a public school. Personally, I am very impressed with the quality of the teachers and the content they learn from school.

I hated this school. Because of the disgusting, rude students, there, I hated it. Every day I was bullied, cursed at, and made fun of. This school is not diverse in terms of culture and race, and the students here are spoiled beyond belief. Everywhere you go, someone s talking about their new phones, Juicy Couture jeans, or whatever. There are academic sides: Either you re an excellent student, or you could really care less about your schoolwork. However, there was staff I loved: Mr. Espinoza, the assistant principal. He was not afraid to bring in students and discipline them. I also loved Mrs. Steckert, the English teacher for Team 4. She was really funny and nice, but also honest and at some times that would hurt your feelings but other times you d love her. She was an inspiring teacher, who always encouraged you. Academic-wise, this school was good. I learned a lot, but I found when I transferred to private school, I was a little off. My math teacher at MP had it out for me, and was unwilling to give proper help. Almost every day, students were lined up waiting to get help because they didn t understand the material in class.

Mount Pleasant is a great school, that meets all the standards (and above) of excellence. I feel that it is a great choice for a school, and the faculty is absolutely lovely. It is a happy cheerful school, with advanced academic goals. There are many free time activities to sign up for, and the caliber of the people who send their children there is very high. This school is very high class, and I think there is nothing more to say, I am amazed!

Last modified Mt Pleasant Middle School is a Public school that serves grade 6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.