No rating

Seashore School

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Long Branch

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $300,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted June 6, 2014

Seashore is an excellent school. My 3 year old children are in an active learning environment, and around dedicated and happy teachers. Highly recommended program.

Posted June 5, 2012

My daughter has been attending Seashore since she was 3 years old. She will be going to the 6th grade in September. Seashore has become a second family to our family. I couldn't imagine my daughter attending another school. She was given a strong foundation at home and Seashore has continued with a job well done. This year, she was nominated to the Jr. National Leadership Conference in Washington D.C. by her science teacher. Not only has she achieved high academics, she is also a well rounded student who participates in basketball, soccer, track, swim team, chorus and all school plays . She started Theatre camp 4 years ago @ Seashore and has found a new passion! In her words "its like magic!" Seashore's staff is friendly, caring and well educated. Each member truly cares about every child. And everyone is recognized for a job well done. If you're looking for a safe environment, small class room sizes, and a staff that works beyond expectations, Seashore is the school of choice!

Posted March 8, 2012

Seahore School is a wonderful place. The children visit the residents and patients for all the major holidays . These students are bright caring kids who visit our nursing home providing songs, dance and plenty of love. The teachers are amazing! Their dedcation to the children are phenomenal. This is evident by how the kids interact with the residents. These kids bring so much joy to our center. We are so lucky to have them. Thank you Dawn and your wonderful teachers.

Posted March 7, 2012

I have had children attend both the Preschool and PreK classes at Seashore. The quality of the instruction that they both received went beyond my expectations. My son was far beyond his peers when he started Kindergarten. The staff at Seashore goes above and beyond to provide education in a way that is innovative and current. From the first year of Preschool the teachers and assistants were amazing. They made both of my children feel special, and helped nurture them while giving them an amazing start to their academics which included - science, music, gym, spanish, gymnastics and many class trips to the community. In PreK the staff has been equally amazing, building on the same academic structure with the addition of computers. My PreK student this year is already working on sight words and learning how to read. The teachers, assistants, and staff at Seashore are excellent, they have given my children an excellent foundation for their academics.

Posted February 28, 2012

My son began Seashore when he turned 3 and will be 5 this summer. The preschool was so incredibly nurturing that it was an easy decision once we looked at all of the available preschool programs in the area. The children swim twice each week all year long and learn gymnastics and all types of beginner sports with physical activity every day. Since we are both working parents, the concept of our son getting all of the sports taken care of during the week so that we can all relax on thee weekends was a huge plus. Miss Dawn was the best teacher we could have hoped for and would receommend Seashore to anyone!

Posted February 27, 2012

My son attends the Seashore school and has attended for the past two years. I visited many schools in the Monmouth County area before deciding on Seashore for my son. As a parent, the decision was a home run. The class size is small, the instruction is superb, but the most impressive part of this school is the people. If you are looking for a group of nice children, supported by warm and caring adults, then this is the place for you. It is a culture that promotes learning in a caring environment. Your child will learn more than you thought possible. They will learn a second language, a must for today's new economy. They will do math that you did in high school. They will be involved in athletics whether a star or a bench warmer. They will leave well rounded students as well as thoughtful and caring human beings.

Posted July 1, 2011

Both of my children go to Seashore School (for over 4 years now) and several of my nieces and nephews are attending for the past few years also. We love this schoold for so many reasons. It is now stuffy like other private schools, but our children receive a top rated education, which they actually have a curriculum that is a one year ahead fo the public schools. At all grades starting in pre-school, their weekly schedule includes, (2 days of swim lessons in their indoor pools, Outdoor in the summer months), spanish, yoga, reading, age appropriate class trips (at least one a month). very low studnt to teacher ratio, personal attention to your child and communication to the parents weekly. Their is rarely staff turnover, the teachers truly love their jobs and it shows. My kids know and love all the teachers and coaches at this school (pre-school thru 8th grade). It is worth every penny fo rme to keep them in this school. I work just to cover the tuition becaue they and we love it so much!

Posted February 7, 2009

I have been at Seashore for early 10 years and absolutely love it. The curriculum is incredible, so much so that I read the second Harry Potter my second week in 1st grade! Also, the school pushes you so much, you are are a grade level ahead, causing you to enter algebra 2 and spanish 2 or 3 your freshman year of high school. I have a twin sister in my class and an older sister who graduated Seashore 4 years ago and now attends Allied Academy of Health and Science and has an amazing hance of getting into any school she wants. She has gotten into MU and Drew so far, and applied to Yale. The extras are amazing and include cheer, drama, art, etc. My 7th grade class consists of ten people, and they are my family, with Seashore as my home. I have known nothing else but Seashore!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 22, 2008

excellent Two of my children and three grandchildren attended Seashore. I couldn't ask for a better educational institution.

Posted March 13, 2006

Very good academic program...we have two children that attended for two years each, ages 3 & 4. Would recommend the program to others.

Posted March 9, 2006

My daughter has attended Seashore for three years now (Pre-School, Pre-K and Kindergarten). The staff at Seashore are the best. They have given my child confidence and a first rate education. In the three years she has attended Seashore see has gone form an extemely shy child to very outgoing and easily makes friends. The curriculum is very advanced and loads of fun for the students. The extra-curricular activities are outstanding with physical education, swimming, spanish, art, animation, music computers and more. My husband visits the school as often as he wants and the teachers are always available for conferences and progress reports. Every concern we have had over the three eyars has been addressed quickly and professionally. I highly recommend Seashore to any parent.

Posted December 27, 2005

I use to go to LBMS (Long branch middle school) and when i came to seashore it was different. There is really no dress code and i finally learned how to swim(i'am 13) it doesn't fell like school at all they know how to teach the kids and make it fun.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 30, 2004

Absolutely the best choice in schools for monmouth county, NJ. My daughter has grown in confidence through their swim program and in leaps and bounds in academics. John Villapiano and his family are the absolute greatest with the kids, the teachers are oustanding in their commitment to the kids.

Posted February 23, 2004

I had my son at Seashore for swim lessons, then enrolled him for PreK in September.....it was the best thing I could have done for him!! The staff is excellent!

Posted February 5, 2004

Seashore is the best school. He is in pre k, and can write and the things that he has learned are incredile. The teachers and staff members are the best ever!

Posted December 26, 2003

Fortunately my son moved to Seashore when he did I feel his level of learning has increased dramatically. The level of high spirit throughout the school is great and it seems everyone enjoys learning in this atmosphere.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

345 2nd Ave