6-8 & Ungraded
Long Valley, NJ

Posted December 18, 2013
This school is good for academics but definitely the worst when it comes to staff, the amount of homework and the enviornment. They cant even plant anything outside the school to make it look good. It looks like a jail and feels like it. Plus theres no air conditioning!

Long Valley Middle School 5

Posted September 20, 2011
I Long Valley Middle School!! It's the best school I've ever been to!! I am a 6th grader for the 2011-2012 school year. There's so many activities you can do!! Chorus, Orchestra, Cooking, Art Club, Drama Club, and so much more!! I've already made a whole bunch of friends and all the teachers/principals are excellent!! I can't wait for my other 2 years here!! :D

Long Valley Middle School 2

Posted September 26, 2010
My child is currently doing very well in LVMS School. For the most part, they are very self motivated. The issue I have is that I see nothing that is challenging for students to really excel. Also, how unhelpful the front office is. There seems to be apathy when you walk in for any type of assistance. No enthusiasm. I can't blame the school entirely. Certainly the economic condition and also the lack of parent events (even something as simple as potluck dinner for individual grades) could allow parents a casual forum to compare notes to inculcate change in the school and within their own family dynamics..

Posted May 02, 2010
As a current student, I can say Long Valley Middle school scores 1 star. The four secretaries we have do nothing for months to fix students schedules, they send you to the guidance counselor, who sends you back to the secretaries, and so on for weeks until you demand something from them. There are 'clicks' and if your not in them, forget about having a partner for a project, a lunch table, or friends to talk to in class. A person in my class actually said '(my name) is so not cool, (my name) get out of my seat' loud enough so everyone could hear, the teacher did nothing or said nothing, I wasn't in his seat. The 'V-Free Program' it's a joke to students, many students fake slips to get into a free luncheon. 'popular kids' go out of their way to bully eveyone. LVMS does nothing to help students.

Long Valley Middle School 0

Posted April 30, 2009
One thing about LVMS- did not personally like a lot of the teachers. But parents are at home. Teachers are , well, TEACHERS. They are there to care about education, not provide a spa atmosphere and all the TLC in the world. I wouldn't want them to. A couple were atrocious for not respecting my daughter's religious beliefs, but she stood up for herself. I don't think anywhere is perfect, especially if you happen to belong to a minority and present the teachers with ideas they are unfamiliar with.

Long Valley Middle School 5

Posted February 14, 2009
I completely disagree and believe that Long Valley Middle School is an exceptionally superior middle school in its learning environment, extra-curricular activities, functions, and its anti-violence, vandalism, and bullying (V-Free) program. The only downside of LVMS is that there is a slightly overpowering amount of assigned homework. Also, I have to say that the majority of the teachers at Long Valley Middle School are incredibly caring, consistent, will do anything to catch their students up, and do their best (along with the administration) to prevent any bullying, violence, or vandalism. In conclusion, I would highly recommend Long Valley Middle School as a school to attend for any middle school student as it is one of the best schools in the region.

Posted August 20, 2008
My daughter attended Long Valley Middle school, and I am extremely disappointed with her experience. The staff doesn't seem to have any concern for the well-being of the students. The extra curricular activities are horrible. My daughter was given an impossible amount of homework, most of which was just given to them so they would have work to do. She had two horrible language arts teachers in a row, and I did not get to see a single piece of her writing over the two years. Out of all the schools I have seen in my lifetime, the kids at this one are the meanest. The 'popular' kids make an effort to bully anyone who they think is less cool than they are, including the special education kids. I am so disgusted with Long Valley Middle School that I now have to send my daugter to a private school.

Posted June 09, 2008
The students at this school are extremely mean to other students. There is nothing done about all of the bullying that goes on at the school.

Long Valley Middle School 2

Posted March 21, 2007
My son attended Long Valley Middle School for 2 years and went to Long Valley Schools all of his life. Although the academics there were superior,the amount of work given to my son was excessive and extremely stressful. Even though my son was a star student, he couldn't enjoy his life or participate in extra- curricular activities due to his overload of work. This school was extremely insensitive and treated my son as if he was a number. The focus of the school was mostly on its sports and not on other extra-curricular activities. When the school had budget issues, they cut 'artsy' programs while not cutting a single sports team. This shows a lack of actives for non athletic children. The children there were also snotty and inconsiderate of others well being. Because of the poor experience we had at Long Valley Middle School, we relocated. Horrible School!

Long Valley Middle School 4

Posted June 13, 2005
Long Valley Middle School is a fabulos school for anyone to attend. The staff, parents, and pta really provide a nice learning enviorment for the students. I'd recomend Long Valley Middle School and no other.

Long Valley Middle School
51 West Mill Rd, Long Valley, NJ  07853
Last modified Long Valley Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Long Valley Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top